- Woman sues credit reporting firms for declaring her dead
ST. LOUIS (AP) — A 40-year-old St. Louis woman isn't dead, but she said she spent months trying to convince credit reporting agencies that she's alive.
- Cops: Man buys car after taking $150,000 left by ATM workers
MAHWAH, N.J. (AP) — One of two men suspected of making off with a bag containing $150,000 in cash that was mistakenly left behind by ATM workers bought an SUV with the money hours later, police said.
- School closes after venomous spiders found for a 3rd time
MERCERSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania school district has closed one of its elementary schools due to an infestation of venomous spiders.
- Runaway rail car kicked loose by teen hits New York station
UTICA, N.Y. (AP) — Video surveillance footage released Friday shows a rail car that was accidentally set in motion by a 13-year-old boy ramming an antique locomotive into a train station, sending passengers waiting for a train scrambling for safety.
- Cops: Man impersonated brother to avoid $7K in unpaid tolls
FORT LEE, N.J. (AP) â Authorities say a New Jersey motorist assumed his brother's identity to avoid $7,500 in unpaid tolls after he was stopped for not paying another toll on the George Washington Bridge.
- Chicken, beer a bad recipe for home burglar who fell asleep
LAKE WORTH, Fla. (AP) — Chicken and beer make for a bad burglary.
- Michigan taxidermist recreates football rivalry
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — A Lansing-based taxidermist used the longtime rivalry between Michigan State University and the University of Michigan as inspiration for his latest creation.
- Texas businessman finds cellphone that fell from plane
WICHITA FALLS, Texas (AP) — A Texas businessman used an app to find his iPhone in a rural pasture after it fell about 9,300 feet during a flight from Houston.
- Aggressive cobra found at Houston high-rise apartments
HOUSTON (AP) — An aggressive 2-foot-long cobra captured at a luxury high-rise apartment complex in downtown Houston has been euthanized.
- Wandering turkey causes stir at University of Michigan
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) â A wandering turkey is causing a stir at the University of Michigan.