- Police: Teen left court docs about auto theft in stolen car
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say an 18-year-old man drove a stolen car to police headquarters to pick up court papers about a previous auto theft he was involved in — documents that were found in yet another stolen car.
- That hissing sound under the dryer? The missing king cobra
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Elvis is back in the building.
- Bull elk keeps authorities on the run in downtown Waco
WACO, Texas (AP) — A bull elk kept officials on the run in downtown Waco for seven hours before the animal was subdued and removed to a private herd.
- Prosecutors: Man posed as agent to get VIP Comic Con passes
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Prosecutors say a Utah man posed as a federal agent in an attempt to get VIP tickets to a Comic Con event in Salt Lake City.
- Police: Man drops wallet, gets arrested in 12 burglaries
SOUTH BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) — A man who lost his driver's license while fleeing police used the van from the adult day care center where he worked to commit burglaries of several vehicles in central New Jersey, police said.
- Sleeping Idaho hunter wakes up to black bear biting his head
BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A hunter asleep in the remote Idaho wilderness woke up when he felt something tugging on his hair. Then he heard the black bear breathing.
- 'Lucky' pig gets new home after fall onto Colorado highway
LONGMONT, Colo. (AP) — A 650-pound pig that fell off a trailer in Colorado is getting a new name -- "Lucky" -- and a new home at a sanctuary for abandoned pigs.
- Cops: Man stabbed at funeral, suspect tries to flee in limo
NORTH HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — Police say an argument at a funeral in Connecticut led to a stabbing and an attempted escape in a limousine.
- Police: Partially-clothed intruder found sleeping in home
WENTZVILLE, Mo. (AP) — A 53-year-old man has been charged with burglary and harassment after he was found asleep in an empty bedroom of someone else's Missouri home.
- Neighbors: New Jersey home swept away by storm was nuisance
MIDDLE TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — A Jersey shore home that washed into the bay during a weekend storm was a structurally unsound nuisance and was bound to fall into the water, neighbors said.