- Los Angeles back from dead as US candidate for 2024 Olympics
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles is the official U.S. nominee for the 2024 Olympic games — a dramatic turnaround for a city that just two months ago was considered out of the running.
- Steady in face of Kyrgios' 'antics,' Murray wins at US Open
NEW YORK (AP) — Nick Kyrgios does what he wants and says what he wants on a tennis court, seemingly no matter the ramifications, and amid all the near-napping, cursing and racket smashing, he troubled Andy Murray for moments at the U.S. Open.
- DeMarco Murray's departure might be too much for Dallas
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — When DeMarco Murray traded the blue star on his helmet for silver and white wings, the balance of power in the NFC East shifted from the Dallas Cowboys to the Philadelphia Eagles.
- FANTASY PLAYS: Knowing when to draft Gronk a tricky decision
If you managed to stay awake in school when teachers talked about economics, you might remember the term "opportunity cost." Put simply, it describes what you could've bought had you chosen to spend your money differently.
- 'Concussion' director says no compromises were made for NFL
NEW YORK (AP) — A day after its trailer debuted online and months before it hits theaters, the Will Smith football head-trauma film "Concussion" is already sparking controversy.
- Grand opening: College football starts, playoff talk begins
No sport season starts better than college football.
- '84 Olympics were shining moment for Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles has a grand idea of how to celebrate the 40th anniversary of its successful role as host of the 1984 Olympics. Do it again.
- LEADING OFF: Harvey vs. Nola, Royals get chickenpox
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues today:
- Judge: No 'Deflategate' ruling yet, despite bogus tweet
NEW YORK (AP) — A New York judge has reiterated that he'll rule by Friday whether New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady must serve a four-game suspension for "Deflategate."
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
ST. LOUIS (AP) — This is what the St. Louis Cardinals had in mind when they acquired Brandon Moss at the non-waiver trade deadline.