- Twitter storm: Trump shames former-beauty pageant winner
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — Donald Trump shamed a former beauty pageant winner Friday for her sexual history and encouraged presidential voters to check out what he called her "sex tape," in an early-morning tweet-storm that dragged him further away from his campaign's efforts to broaden his appeal to women.
- US official: Hackers targeted election systems of 20 states
WASHINGTON (AP) — Hackers have targeted the voter registration systems of more than 20 states in recent months, a Homeland Security Department official said Friday.
- 14-year-old boy charged in father's killing, school shooting
ANDERSON, S.C. (AP) — A 14-year-old South Carolina boy was charged as a juvenile Friday with murder and three counts of attempted murder after authorities say he killed his father and opened fire on students at a school playground, wounding three people.
- Syrian monitor: Russian airstrikes killed 9,300 in past year
BEIRUT (AP) — A year of Russian airstrikes on areas outside government control in Syria have killed more than 9,000 people, displaced tens of thousands and caused widespread destruction, an opposition monitoring group said Friday.
- Black box recorder recovered from wreckage of train crash
HOBOKEN, N.J. (AP) — Federal investigators pulled one of the black box recorders from the wrecked commuter train at the Hoboken station and struggled to extract the second one Friday as they tried to figure out what caused the crash that killed one person and injured more than 100 others.
- The Latest: Don't count the Europeans out just yet
CHASKA, Minn. (AP) — The Latest on the Ryder Cup (all times local):
- Browns coach Jackson says team 'moved on' from Josh Gordon
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Browns coach Hue Jackson says the team has "moved on" from suspended wide receiver Josh Gordon.
- Americans sweep Europe to start Ryder Cup
CHASKA, Minn. (AP) — The Americans played Friday morning as if maybe they are the best team ever assembled.
- Forgotten Watson? Clemson's QB lost in Jackson hype
CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) — No. 3 Louisville and quarterback Lamar Jackson have done the improbable — turned Clemson passer Deshaun Watson into an afterthought this weekend.
- Kings prepare to open state-of-the-art downtown arena
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — After years of searching for a new home, the Sacramento Kings are set to open a new venue that raises the bar of what an arena can be.