- Trump shifts to new campaign phase, dismisses GOP critics
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Donald Trump, the GOP presidential nomination virtually in hand, is signaling a new phase of his outsider campaign, searching for a running mate who could help him govern and reaching out to one-time competitors in an effort to heal the fractured Republican Party.
- Obama visiting Flint for first time since water crisis began
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is set to meet with residents of Flint, Michigan, to hear how they're managing after lead from old pipes tainted their drinking water.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Coalition vows to build up further against Islamic State
STUTTGART, Germany (AP) — An international coalition leading the military campaign against the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq agreed Wednesday to accelerate their contributions but did not publicly specify what those would be. The group also called on Iraqi leaders to reconcile political differences.
- Residents evacuated as fires threaten Canada oil sands town
FORT MCMURRAY, Alberta (AP) — A fire that forced the evacuation of the Canadian oil sands city of Fort McMurray, Alberta, destroyed 80 percent of the homes in one neighborhood and extensively damaged property in a number of others, and officials warned it could get worse Wednesday.
- Ky. bourbon trail offers a lesson for reviving racing's fans
MIDWAY, Ky. (AP) — Camera-toting visitors to the grounds at Three Chimneys Farm can get a glimpse of the pampered lives of thoroughbred stallions — the star attractions that frolic in lush paddocks or relax in stately stalls when they aren't in the breeding shed.
- Cavaliers not crying foul over LeBron's lack of free throws
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) — Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue celebrated his 39th birthday on Tuesday and proudly showed off a few gray hairs — silvery-speckled souvenirs of job-related stress.
- Meet the next sport of the modern age: Drone racing
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (AP) — Decked out in high-tech goggles, pilot Steve Zoumas dives low and sees the final gate zooming toward him: a 20-foot-tall metal-framed box ringed with neon. Boom! His sight goes black. The crowd lets out a collective "Whoa!" as pieces of his aircraft, which has just smashed into a concrete barrier, go flying.
- Warriors rally in fourth for 2-0 series lead on Portland
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The defending champions mounted a remarkable comeback without MVP Stephen Curry.
- Wade, Heat beat Raptors in OT after Lowry's halfcourt heave
TORONTO (AP) — It only counts as one win, though the Miami Heat had to work twice as hard to get it.