- Support for 'my girl' Clinton is personal, Mrs. Obama says
WASHINGTON (AP) — As first ladies they could hardly have been more different. But as Democrats looking to fire up female voters, Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton were firmly bonded on Thursday.
- The Latest: Police to turn pipeline site back to company
CANNON BALL, N.D. (AP) — The Latest on the Dakota Access oil pipeline protest (all times local):
- AP-GfK poll: Most Trump supporters doubt election legitimacy
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Donald Trump's dubious claims the presidential election is "rigged" have taken root among most of his supporters, who say they will have serious doubts about the legitimacy of the election's outcome if Hillary Clinton wins, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll.
- Trump targets Bill Clinton ; Michelle Obama boosts Hillary
WASHINGTON (AP) — Seeking to lash Hillary Clinton to her husband's sprawling post-presidential empire, Donald Trump accused the couple of turning to corruption to enrich themselves while in public service. Michelle Obama boosted Clinton at a North Carolina rally, meanwhile, as the candidate cheered her on.
- Ex-Bill Clinton aide memo roils wife's campaign over ethics
WASHINGTON (AP) — A 2011 confidential memo written by a longtime Bill Clinton aide during Hillary Clinton's State Department tenure describes overlap between the former president's business ventures and fundraising for the family's charities. The former aide also described free travel and vacations arranged for the Clintons by corporations, reinforcing ethics concerns about the Democratic presidential nominee.
- AP source: Broncos' C.J. Anderson undergoing surgery
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — A person with knowledge of the situation tells The Associated Press that Broncos running back C.J. Anderson will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right knee Thursday and that the extent of the damage will determine how long he's out.
- AP source: Aldon Smith applies for reinstatement to NFL
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Oakland Raiders pass rusher Aldon Smith has applied to the NFL to be reinstated from his one-year suspension.
- Arrieta deals, Cubs awaken, top Indians to even Series at 1
CLEVELAND (AP) — Jake Arrieta made a brief run at a no-hitter and ended another 71-year pause between celebrations for the Chicago Cubs and their faithful fans.
- Another sex abuse lawsuit against USA Gymnastics doctor
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A former gymnast on the U.S. women's national team has become the latest athlete to accuse a longtime team doctor of sexual abuse.
- Handling the psyche of NFL kickers is a specialized dance
RENTON, Wash. (AP) — The aftermath of the first NFL tie since 2014 became a study in the delicate psyche of kickers, and how they are handled by their coaches.