- The Latest: Trump slams union leader over Carrier deal
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President-elect Donald Trump (all times EST):
- Trump chooses hardliners but talks softer on immigration
NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump embraced new Cabinet officers Wednesday whose backgrounds suggest he's primed to put tough actions behind his campaign rhetoric on immigration and the environment, even as he seemed to soften his yearlong stance on immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally as children.
- Trumps taps retired Marine general for homeland security
WASHINGTON (AP) — Retired Marine Gen. John Kelly carved out a reputation as a highly respected, but often outspoken commander who could roil debate with blunt assessments or unpopular directives on issues ranging from women in combat to the treatment of detainees at the Guantanamo Bay detention center.
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
- Federal judge halts recount, sealing Trump's Michigan win
DETROIT (AP) — A federal judge who ordered Michigan to begin its recount effectively ended it on Wednesday, tying his decision to a state court ruling that found Green Party candidate Jill Stein had no legal standing to request another look at ballots.
- Nationals get CF Eaton from White Sox for 3 young pitchers
OXON HILL, Md. (AP) — The Washington Nationals did make a deal with the Chicago White Sox during their hometown winter meetings, after all, only it was for center fielder Adam Eaton, not lefty Chris Sale.
- Cubs get closer Wade Davis from Royals for OF Jorge Soler
OXON HILL, Md. (AP) — Wade Davis already had closed out a World Series. And that was part of his appeal for the Chicago Cubs.
- Cubs get closer Davis, Nats trade 3 young pitchers for Eaton
OXON HILL, Md. (AP) — The champion Chicago Cubs closed their only real need, getting All-Star reliever Wade Davis. The Washington Nationals, well, they opened quite a debate by trading not one, not two, but three talented, young pitchers for outfielder Adam Eaton.
- Cowboys plan to keep on driving even if home field clinched
FRISCO, Texas (AP) — Rookie sensations Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott made the playoffs with four games to spare in Dallas.
- Great rivalry game in KC for AFC West lead
Few games get the juices flowing more than a showdown for first place. Throw in one of sports' greatest rivalries, and the blood starts percolating.