- A bit of geniality, along with hostility for Trump, Clinton
WASHINGTON (AP) — It's not always elbows and insults between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.
- 3 states say they denied Russia request to monitor election
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Oklahoma and two other states say they have denied a request by Russian officials to be present at polling stations during the Nov. 8 election.
- IS attacks Iraq city of Kirkuk, power plant amid Mosul fight
KIRKUK, Iraq (AP) — Islamic State militants armed with assault rifles and explosives attacked targets in and around the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk early Friday, in an assault that appeared aimed at diverting Iraqi security forces from a massive offensive against the IS-held city of Mosul.
- The Latest: Iraqis raise flag over church in town near Mosul
IRBIL, Iraq (AP) — The Latest on the developments in Iraq where Iraqi forces and their allies launched a major offensive this week to retake Mosul, the country's second-largest city from the Islamic State group (all times local):
- Medical evacuations from Aleppo fail to materialize
BEIRUT (AP) — The Syrian government on Friday opened a new corridor for rebels and civilians who want to leave the besieged eastern neighborhoods of Aleppo, but the U.N. said planned medical evacuations haven't begun as planned because of a lack of security assurances from the warring sides.
- Coach unsure if Giants will keep kicker Brown given abuse
LONDON (AP) — Coach Ben McAdoo said Friday that the New York Giants have not yet decided whether Josh Brown will remain on the team after admitting to abuse of his former wife.
- Rams confident of success against Giants, Beckham in London
BAGSHOT, England (AP) — The Los Angeles Rams have allowed more than 400 total yards twice this season and won both games.
- Ex-coach calls his ban from Penn State facilities 'wrong'
BELLEFONTE, Pa. (AP) — The former Penn State assistant football coach suing university says he was angered when told he couldn't return to team facilities after being put on leave the week Jerry Sandusky was charged with child molestation.
- Cubs beat Dodgers 8-4, head home with 3-2 lead in NLCS
LOS ANGELES (AP) — One win away. Two chances at home. Seven decades of waiting.
- Rodgers throws 3 TD passes, Packers beat Bears 26-10
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Davante Adams woke up Thursday not knowing if he would be cleared to play after spending a few days in the NFL's concussion protocol.