- Britain's Labour party leader fires shadow foreign secretary
LONDON (AP) — British Labour party leader Jeremy Corbyn has fired his shadow foreign secretary amid a dispute over his leadership in the aftermath of Britain's vote to leave the European Union.
- The Latest: Britain's Labour party in turmoil after EU vote
LONDON (AP) — The Latest on Britain's historic vote to leave the European Union (all times local):
- Pope urges closer unity with Armenian church on final day
YEREVAN, Armenia (AP) — Pope Francis called Sunday for closer ties with Armenia's Orthodox church as he wrapped up his three-day visit with a liturgy and visit to the country's closed border with Turkey amid new tensions with Ankara over his recognition of the 1915 "genocide."
- Spain votes again in attempt to break government stalemate
MADRID (AP) — Spaniards were heading to the polls Sunday for an unprecedented repeat election that aims to break six months of political deadlock after a December ballot left the country without an elected government.
- Death toll may rise in destructive California wildfire
LAKE ISABELLA, Calif. (AP) — Lighter winds are helping firefighters make gains on a voracious and deadly wildfire in central California that has burned 150 homes and claimed two lives.
- AP source: Irving, Barnes finish US Olympic basketball team
The U.S. basketball team has its roster for Rio.
- With 1-0 loss to Colombia, US finishes 4th in Copa America
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Not quite a victory for the United States. Just a good enough effort to leave the team feeling better about itself.
- Phelps seeks fitting Olympic do-over, starting at US trials
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — For anyone else, six medals would've been a marvelous way to exit the Olympic stage.
- Mikulak and Brooks headline US men's Olympic gymnastics team
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Jonathan Horton texted Chris Brooks and Alex Naddour a picture before both rounds of the U.S. men's gymnastics Olympic Trials this week. The image was from London four years ago. In it, Brooks and Naddour were cheering from the stands in the O2 Arena as alternates while their teammates stumbled to a fifth-place finish.
- Thurman outpoints Porter to defend WBA welterweight belt
NEW YORK (AP) — The last time CBS telecast a fight in prime time, Muhammad Ali was in the ring — 38 years ago.