- GOP struggles to govern despite a monopoly in Washington
The Republican Party of "no" for Democrat Barack Obama's eight years is having a hard time getting to "yes" in the early Donald Trump era.
- Blaming conservatives, Trump signals new openness to Dems
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Sunday attacked conservative lawmakers for the failure of the Republican bill to replace former President Barack Obama's health care law, as aides signaled a greater willingness to work with moderate Democrats on upcoming legislative battles from the budget and tax cuts to health care.
- 1 dead, 15 injured in Cincinnati nightclub gunfight
CINCINNATI (AP) — A gunfight broke out inside a crowded Cincinnati nightclub early Sunday, leaving one man dead and 15 others wounded after a dispute among several patrons escalated into a shootout, authorities said.
- US-backed forces capture Syrian air base from IS
BEIRUT (AP) — U.S.-backed Syrian Kurdish forces captured a strategically important air base from Islamic State militants in north Syria on Sunday in the first major victory for the group since the U.S. airlifted the forces behind enemy lines four days ago.
- Trump's border-wall proposal faces many obstacles
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has now laid out exactly what he wants in the "big, beautiful wall" that he's promised to build on the U.S.-Mexico border. But his effort to build a huge hurdle to those entering the U.S. illegally faces impediments of its own.
- The Latest: South Carolina beats Florida to reach Final Four
The Latest on the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament (all times Eastern):
- Column: Raiders in Sin City? You can bet on it
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A town built on losers is about to become a big winner in the NFL relocation sweepstakes.
- Oregon beats Kansas 74-60 to punch Final Four ticket
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Oregon lost one of its best players to an injury just before the NCAA Tournament, had to survive two nail-biters to reach the Midwest Regional finals, and then faced a top-seeded Kansas team that had romped to the brink of the Final Four.
- Gonzaga beats Xavier 83-59 to reach first Final Four
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — The criticism dogged Gonzaga wherever it went, no matter how much it won.
- Play it back: Rematches to decide last 2 spots in Final Four
The most entertaining college basketball game of the regular season came in December.