- Kelly seeks to restore White House order ahead of key fights
WASHINGTON (AP) — In his first month on the job, White House chief of staff John Kelly has made significant progress toward imposing discipline on a chaotic operation, even as it's clear he still struggles to have the same effect on the president himself.
- Within 24 hours, a pair of wildly different Trump speeches
RENO, Nev. (AP) — It was a tale of two Trumps in the desert Southwest.
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
- Wrapped: Charlottesville covers Confederate statues in black
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — Workers in Charlottesville draped giant black covers over two statues of Confederate generals on Wednesday to symbolize the city's mourning for a woman killed while protesting a white nationalist rally.
- Lucky numbers for $700M Powerball jackpot drawn
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Lottery players across the U.S. scooped up $2 Powerball tickets in hopes of beating the odds and winning a massive $700 million jackpot in Wednesday night's drawing.
- Hill loses no-hit try on HR in 10th, Pirates top Dodgers 1-0
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Rich Hill's first 98 pitches left the Pittsburgh Pirates confounded, occasionally fuming and absolutely hitless. His 99th turned a potentially historic night by the Los Angeles Dodgers lefty into something else entirely:
- Who's the best puncher? Mayweather says it could surprise
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Floyd Mayweather Jr. says it was the first punch of the fight. His promoter thinks it came during the second round.
- McGregor has boxing skill, but enough to beat Mayweather?
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Before Conor McGregor had even heard of mixed martial arts, he wanted to be a boxer. He first stepped into Crumlin Boxing Club nearly 20 years ago in muddy football boots and started punching a heavy bag.
- Mayweather-McGregor winner to get gaudy Money Belt from WBC
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor aren't just fighting for money in the boxing spectacle of the summer.
- AL East-leading Red Sox obtain OF Rajai Davis from Oakland
CLEVELAND (AP) — The AL East-leading Boston Red Sox boosted their outfield depth by acquiring speedy Rajai Davis from the Oakland Athletics for a minor league outfielder on Wednesday.