- Experts: US exiting climate pact may doom some small islands
WASHINGTON (AP) — To small island nations where the land juts just above the rising seas, the U.S. pulling out of the Paris global warming pact makes the future seem as fragile and built on hope as a sand castle.
- Senate GOP unveils 'Obamacare' overhaul, but not all aboard
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republicans launched their plan for shriveling Barack Obama's health care law Thursday, edging a step closer to their dream of repeal with a bill that would slice and reshape Medicaid for the poor, relax rules on insurers and end tax increases on higher earners that have helped finance expanded coverage for millions.
- Trump publicly doubting that Russia meddled in election
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump appeared to cast doubt on the assessment of 17 U.S. intelligence agencies that blame Russia for election meddling, questioning Thursday why the Obama administration didn't try to stop it.
- No tapes after all: Trump says he didn't record Comey talks
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump declared Thursday he never made and doesn't have recordings of his private conversations with ousted former FBI Director James Comey, ending a month-long guessing game that he started with a cryptic tweet and that ensnared his administration in yet more controversy.
- "You can hear the screams": Inside Yemen's secret prisons
MUKALLA, Yemen (AP) — They call it the "grill": The victim is tied to a spit like a roast and spun furiously within a circle of fire. It is just one of the terrors inflicted by interrogators on detainees in Yemen who are routinely beaten with wires and were kept in filthy shipping containers, blindfolded for months — all by one of America's closest counterterrorism allies.
- The Latest: Fultz, Ball front and center in group photo
NEW YORK (AP) — The Latest on Thursday night's NBA draft (all times local):
- Who's No. 3? NBA draft intrigue begins after Fultz, Ball
NEW YORK (AP) — Markelle Fultz is still expected to be the No. 1 pick, though the destination has changed.
- Goldschmidt homers as D-Backs rout Rockies, 10-3
DENVER (AP) — Paul Goldschmidt and Chris Owings hit three-run homers, Zack Godley threw well into the eighth inning, and the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the Colorado Rockies 10-3 on Thursday.
- 'Small gesture' for Big Papi: Boston names street for Ortiz
BOSTON (AP) — Ted Williams waited 24 years after his last at-bat before the Boston Red Sox hung his No. 9 from the Fenway Park facade. Bobby Doerr and Joe Cronin waited 37 years, and Carlton Fisk and Jim Rice 20.
- AP sources: Cavs, Chauncey Billups remain in holding pattern
CLEVELAND (AP) — An interesting, confusing, upsetting week for the Cavaliers hasn't settled down.