- British political turmoil deepens after EU referendum
LONDON (AP) — Britain's shocking decision to remove itself from the European Union brought more political turmoil Sunday as Scotland's leader threatened to block the move and the opposition Labour Party's leader faced a coup attempt from his own legislators.
- British expatriates fear for their future after UK vote
BENIDORM, Spain (AP) — Tad Dawson's pub in this Spanish vacation town was doing a brisk business in the summer sun. The only dark clouds he saw were coming from the bar's TV, tuned to a British news channel.
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
- For Trump and Brexit voters, echoes of the same frustrations
MAYBOLE, Scotland (AP) — At the heart of the campaign that led Britain to vote to leave the European Union was a desire to regain independence lost amid a globalized world. It's the same kind of feeling that Donald Trump rode to become the presumptive Republican nominee in the U.S., where he campaigns to put "America first" and "make America great again."
- Fallujah fully liberated from IS group, Iraqi commander says
BAGHDAD (AP) — Five weeks after a military operation began, a senior Iraqi commander declared Sunday that the city of Fallujah was "fully liberated" from the Islamic State group, giving a major boost to the country's security and political leadership in its fight against the extremists.
- Stunner at US Olympic swim trials: Lochte beaten in 400 IM
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — The first event of the U.S. Olympic swimming trials produced a stunner: Ryan Lochte failed to qualify for the team Sunday night in an event he won at the 2012 London Games.
- Phelps drops 200 free at Olympic trials; will swim 4 events
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Michael Phelps is dropping the 200-meter freestyle at the U.S. swimming trials, leaving the 18-time Olympic gold medalist with four events.
- Tony Stewart wins at Sonoma to snap 84-race drought
SONOMA, Calif. (AP) — For at least one weekend, Smoke was back.
- Naval Academy grad Hurley wins Quicken Loans National
BETHESDA, Md. (AP) — Billy Hurley III held the club in his left hand and fist pumped with his right. The ball disappeared into the hole in front of him as the crowd roared, and Hurley let loose the emotion he'd been holding in.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former Tennessee coach Summitt
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Pat Summitt's family said Sunday that the last few days have been difficult for the former Tennessee women's basketball coach as her Alzheimer's disease progresses.