- Analysis: In debate, Clinton was prepared, Trump was Trump
WASHINGTON (AP) — She was at her best. He was not at his worst.
- Clinton puts Trump on the defensive in combative debate
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) — Donald Trump aggressively tried to pin the nation's economic and national security problems on Hillary Clinton in the first presidential debate, belittling the former senator and secretary of state as a "typical politician" incapable of delivering the change many Americans crave.
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump, Clinton deny their own words in debate
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump's habit of peddling hype and fabrication emerged unabated in the first presidential debate while Hillary Clinton played it cautiously in her statements, though not without error. They both denied making statements that they are on the record as saying.
- Democrats press talks as showdown vote looms on funding bill
WASHINGTON (AP) â Democrats opened a last-minute push Tuesday for new talks on must-do legislation to prevent the government from shutting down this weekend, fight the Zika virus and help flood-ravaged Louisiana rebuild.
- Houston gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
HOUSTON (AP) — A disgruntled lawyer wearing military-style apparel with old Nazi emblems had two weapons and more than 2,500 rounds of live ammunition when he randomly shot at drivers in a Houston neighborhood before he was shot and killed by police, authorities said.
- Official: Bag of 4 Fernandez signed baseballs washes ashore
MIAMI (AP) — As the baseball world mourned the death of Jose Fernandez, a beachgoer found a bag containing four baseballs signed by the Marlins 24-year-old pitcher.
- AP Interview: LeBron says "a personal goal" to match Jordan
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) — Now that LeBron James has won a championship for the ages, he's set a loftier goal:
- At NBA media day, concern for country over concern for team
NEW YORK (AP) — NBA players aren't just worried about their teams as they start a new season.
- Falcons offense keeps building steam in 45-32 win vs. Saints
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — For all of Dan Quinn's background as a defensive specialist, the Atlanta Falcons' second-year coach is fielding an offense about as good as anyone right now.
- Column: Ryder Cup a referendum on Mickelson
CHASKA, Minn. (AP) — Phil Mickelson has been giving the Ryder Cup a lot of thought lately.