- Benghazi report faults security; no new Clinton allegations
WASHINGTON (AP) â Republicans on the House Benghazi Committee harshly faulted the Obama administration Tuesday for lax security and a slow response to the deadly 2012 attacks at the U.S. diplomatic outpost in Libya. But they produced no new allegations about then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
- The Latest: Clinton says nothing new in Benghazi report
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the U.S. presidential campaign. (all times EDT):
- 'Little guy' contractors still angry at Trump Taj bankruptcy
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) — Weak from heart surgery and a sepsis infection that would soon kill her, Patricia Paone was resting at home last summer when an apparition appeared on the TV — a famous businessman who had struck a deal with her husband years before.
- EU leaders plot a future without Britain, demand answers
BRUSSELS (AP) — British Prime Minister David Cameron fended off anger from other European Union leaders at an unprecedented summit charged with uncertainty about the union's future without Britain. Leader after leader rejected Cameron's pleas for favorable conditions for Britain once it leaves, while he frustrated them by refusing to initiate the divorce proceedings just yet.
- US official says anti-Islamic State forces gaining momentum
WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. representative to the anti-Islamic State coalition told Congress on Tuesday that morale inside the extremist group is plummeting, as the forces arrayed against it are gaining momentum.
- The Latest: Pat Summitt service open to public on July 14
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Latest on Pat Summitt, the former Tennessee women's coach who died Tuesday morning at age 64. (all times local):
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history, has died at 64
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Pat Summitt, the winningest coach in Division I college basketball history who lifted the women's game to national prominence during her 38-year career at Tennessee, died Tuesday. She was 64.
- Buddy Ryan, NFL coach and defensive mastermind, dies at 82
Buddy Ryan took a back seat to no one. Neither did his fierce defenses that won two Super Bowls.
- The Latest: Kuznetsova beats Wozniacki under roof
LONDON (AP) — The Latest on Wimbledon (all times local):
- Serena Williams labors to 1st round Wimbledon win
LONDON (AP) — This was not the Serena Williams the tennis world is used to seeing on Centre Court. It was still good enough for the defending Wimbledon champion to advance to the second round in straight sets.