- Survivors of deadly school shooting lash out at Trump
PARKLAND, Fla. (AP) — Students who escaped the deadly school shooting in Florida focused their anger Sunday at President Donald Trump, contending that his response to the attack has been needlessly divisive.
- For school shooting suspect, main question is life or death
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — The evidence against the Florida school shooting suspect is so overwhelming, the only question left for the courts if he is convicted is whether he will be sentenced to death or spend the rest of his life in prison.
- Democrats, Rubio want 'red flags' to enable gun seizures
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The warnings around Nikolas Cruz seemed to flash like neon signs: expelled from school, fighting with classmates, a fascination with weapons and hurting animals, disturbing images and comments posted to social media, previous mental health treatment.
- Trump fumes about Russia investigation as nation mourns
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — As the nation mourned, President Donald Trump kept largely silent about the Florida school shooting victims and the escalating gun control debate, instead raging at the FBI for what he perceived to be a fixation on the Russia investigation at the cost of failing to deter the attack.
- NBC searches for Olympic clips to go viral
STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) — In a room lined with computer terminals buzzing all night during the Olympics, an intern raises a hand. He's spotted an amusing piece of film footage of a dropped walkie-talkie skittering down a mountain closed to competition because of bad weather, eluding the grasp of a couple of skiers trying to stop it.
- Capitals forward calls fans racial taunts 'disgusting'
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Washington Capitals forward Devante Smith-Pelly is disgusted and saddened black athletes such as himself continue to be the targets of racial taunts from fans.
- The Latest: Patrick, Elliott, Keselowski wreck out of 500
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — The Latest on the Daytona 500 (all times local):
- Hirscher: 2nd gold by largest Olympic GS margin in 50 years
PYEONGCHANG, South Korea (AP) — Here's one way to explain just how dominant Marcel Hirscher was Sunday: His winning margin of 1.27 seconds was the largest in the men's giant slalom at an Olympics in 50 years.
- AP source: Hosmer, Padres reach preliminary eight-year deal
PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) — Just the thought of free agent first baseman Eric Hosmer joining the downtrodden, youthful San Diego Padres sent a morning jolt through the spring training clubhouse.
- TOP 25 REWIND: Michigan State, Villanova earn big road wins
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — In a season marked by parity, No. 2 Michigan State and No. 3 Villanova turned in big road performances as reminders of their title potential in March.