- Strong aftershocks rattle devastated Italian earthquake zone
AMATRICE, Italy (AP) — Strong aftershocks rattled residents and rescue crews alike Friday as hopes began to dim that firefighters would find any more survivors from Italy's earthquake. The first funerals were scheduled for some of the 267 dead.
- Car bomb attack in Turkey kills 11 police; 78 wounded
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Kurdish militants on Friday attacked a police checkpoint in southeast Turkey with an explosives-laden truck, killing at least 11 police officers and wounding 78 other people, the state-run news agency said.
- Trump immigration waffle reflects voter confusion on issue
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — Dean Green supports Donald Trump partly because of the GOP presidential nominee's tough, deport-them-all stance on illegal immigration. But the 57-year-old Republican paused as he complained about U.S. immigration policy and acknowledged that deporting all 11 million people in the U.S. illegally would separate families.
- US, Russia renew push for elusive agreement on Syria
GENEVA (AP) — The United States and Russia on Friday renewed efforts to secure a military and humanitarian cooperation agreement for war-torn Syria as conditions on the ground continued to deteriorate after months of hesitation, missed deadlines and failed attempts to forge a nationwide truce.
- Rebels, civilians to evacuate long-besieged Damascus suburb
DARAYA, Syria (AP) — Buses, ambulances and trucks lined up at the entrance of a long-blockaded Damascus suburb on Friday to evacuate rebels and civilians under a deal struck between the Syrian opposition forces and the government.
- Moore loses no-hitter with 2 outs in 9th, Giants top Dodgers
LOS ANGELES (AP) — After losing his no-hit bid with one out to go, Matt Moore just smiled.
- US swimmer Lochte's legal troubles mount in Brazil
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Brazilian police charged American swimmer Ryan Lochte on Thursday with filing a false robbery report over an incident during the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Romo gives Cowboys scare as Seattle rolls past Dallas 27-17
SEATTLE (AP) — Three plays were all it took for Dallas to get yet another injury scare surrounding Tony Romo.
- Ryder Cup comes into view at FedEx Cup
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. (AP) — The FedEx Cup is all about the $10 million bonus at the end of the four playoff events.
- Harrison, Matthews, Peppers talk PEDs with NFL investigators
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison and Green Bay Packers defensive players Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers met this week with NFL investigators looking into allegations linking them to performance-enhancing drugs, the players' union said Thursday.