- Campaigns halt as Greeks face tough referendum choice
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Campaigns halt in Greece on Saturday on the eve of a closely watched bailout referendum — with voters in a dead heat over whether to defy creditors and push for better repayment terms or essentially seek new political leadership to find a compromise.
- Yes or no? What Greece's landmark vote might bring
LONDON (AP) — On his 10-year trip home, the Greek hero Odysseus at one point had to steer his ship and crew down a narrow stretch of water menaced on opposite sides by two sea monsters, Scylla and Charybdis.
- Papal visit puts Andes presidents' eco-record under scrutiny
AGUARAGUE NATIONAL PARK, Bolivia (AP) — In the vine-entangled forests of the Aguarague National Park, crude that seeped for decades out of abandoned wellheads saturates the soil and has stained the bedrock of creeks that provide water to the indigenous Guarani who live nearby.
- Fatal fire on Japan's airtight bullet train exposes lapses
TOKYO (AP) — A fatal fire on Japan's bullet train, started by a man who self-immolated this week, has revealed blind spots in a system renowned for its speed, punctuality and safety record.
- Hispanic leaders want GOP field to condemn Trump's 'idiocy'
WASHINGTON (AP) — Hispanic leaders are bristling at the largely tepid response by Republican presidential candidates to Donald Trump's characterization of Mexican immigrants as rapists and drug dealers.
- Angels win 8-2 in 1st game vs. Texas since trading Hamilton
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) â The way Angels manager Mike Scioscia looked at things, there really wasn't anything unusual seeing Josh Hamilton playing for the other team.
- 2 points from loss, Serena wins at Wimbledon; Venus next
LONDON (AP) — Twice, Serena Williams stood merely two points from a loss at Wimbledon against a British opponent buoyed by a roaring, flag-waving Centre Court crowd.
- Wimbledon Lookahead: Dustin Brown tries for encore
LONDON (AP) — After his stunning win over Rafael Nadal at Wimbledon, Dustin Brown said it was easy to play well when expectations were so low.
- AP sources: Mavericks, DeAndre Jordan agree to 4-year deal
DALLAS (AP) — DeAndre Jordan has chosen the Mavericks over the Los Angeles Clippers in what turned into a tense boom-or-bust wait for Dallas in pursuit of the free-agent center.
- A-Rod, Yanks settle dispute, he gets ball from 3,000th hit
NEW YORK (AP) — Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees settled their dispute over a marketing payment with a deal announced Friday that gives $3.5 million to charitable groups, saves the team $5.5 million and gets A-Rod the home run ball from his 3,000th hit.