- Suspect in custody after shooting at Planned Parenthood
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — A gunman burst into a Planned Parenthood clinic and opened fire, launching several gunbattles and an hourslong standoff with police as patients and staff took cover under furniture and inside locked rooms. By the time the shooter surrendered, three people were killed — including a police officer — and nine others were wounded, authorities said.
- Hamstrung by Congress, Obama tries to clinch climate pact
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is trying to negotiate a legacy-making climate change pact this coming week in Paris with one hand tied behind his back. Congress can't even agree whether global warming is real.
- Pope honors Ugandan Christian martyrs as example of faith
Pope Francis on Saturday honored Uganda's 19th century Christian martyrs and encouraged its 21st century Christian youths during a day that saw nearly a half-million Ugandans turn out to see the pope before he heads to Central African Republic for the final leg of his African journey.
- Hollande, activists gear up for critical climate talks
French President Francois Hollande met with environmental groups Saturday, pushing for an ambitious global deal to reduce man-made emissions blamed for global warming _ with emphasis on helping developing countries adapt to a changing world.
- Mortar attack on UN base in north Mali kills 3, injures 20
DAKAR, Senegal (AP) — A mortar attack on a United Nations base in northern Mali's Kidal early Saturday killed at least three people, including two U.N. peacekeepers and a contractor, said the mission spokesman.
- Curry scores 41 points, Warriors pour in 3s to go 17-0
PHOENIX (AP) — The Golden State Warriors rained 3s in the desert and pushed their NBA-record start to 17-0.
- Boykin, No. 15 TCU beat No. 7 Baylor 28-21 in double OT
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Trevone Boykin had quite a closing act in his final home game for No. 15 TCU.
- Police: Puig gets swollen eye during encounter with bouncer
MIAMI (AP) — Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig sustained a swollen eye and facial bruises during a fight with a bouncer.
- PLAYOFF PULSE: Like it or not, Iowa 1 win away from playoff
Iowa is a victory away from the College Football Playoff.
- No. 3 Hawkeyes go to 12-0 with 28-20 victory over Nebraska
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Iowa certainly didn't change the minds of critics who say the Hawkeyes don't look the part of a national championship contender.