- National Spelling Bee co-champions include youngest ever
OXON HILL, Md. (AP) — The words were tougher. The final rounds lasted longer. The result was the same.
- Obama ready to face historic, haunted ground of Hiroshima
HIROSHIMA, Japan (AP) — Convinced that the time for this moment is right at last, President Barack Obama on Friday will become the first American president to confront the historic and haunted ground of Hiroshima.
- Obama's every gesture will be scrutinized in Hiroshima visit
HIROSHIMA, Japan (AP) — Every gesture. Every word uttered or avoided. Every person Barack Obama speaks with, listens to and stands beside in Hiroshima. All of it will help determine the success of a trip with huge potential political and diplomatic pitfalls, both in America and Asia.
- G7 leaders pledge collective action on sagging global growth
SHIMA, Japan (AP) — The leaders of the Group of Seven rich economies pledged Friday to "collectively tackle" major risks to global growth, including direct political threats to the international order from terrorist attacks, violent extremism and refugee flows.
- Visitors to Hiroshima memorial reflect on Obama's visit
HIROSHIMA, Japan (AP) — Visitors to the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park on Friday had this to say ahead of U.S. President Barack Obama's visit later in the day. Obama is the first sitting U.S. president to come to Hiroshima, a city devastated by a U.S.-dropped atomic bomb at the end of World War II.
- Defending champion Warriors stave off elimination, beat OKC
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — "We're not going home! We're not going home!" Stephen Curry screamed at the top of his lungs.
- Penguins top Lightning 2-1 to advance to Stanley Cup Final
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The hours before the biggest game of Bryan Rust's life were restless. The nap he tried to sneak in never materialized. The Pittsburgh Penguins forward's mind was simply too busy.
- Raptors counting on home court for advantage against Cavs
TORONTO (AP) — To keep their season alive, the Toronto Raptors are counting on a home-court advantage that saved them before.
- AP Source: Rockets, D'Antoni agree on 4-year deal
Mike D'Antoni is taking his "Seven Seconds or Less" offense to Houston, where James Harden is waiting to give his new coach the kind of weapon that could be a perfect fit for his system.
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James named first-team All-NBA
NEW YORK (AP) — Stephen Curry has knocked down another honor.