- Big surge for military in Trump budget, big cuts elsewhere
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is proposing a huge $54 billion surge in U.S. military spending for new aircraft, ships and fighters in his first federal budget while slashing big chunks from domestic programs and foreign aid to make the government "do more with less."
- Trump looks to refocus his presidency in address to Congress
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's first address to Congress gives him a welcome opportunity to refocus his young administration on the core economic issues that helped him get elected — and, his allies hope, to move beyond the distractions and self-inflicted wounds that have roiled his White House.
- House probe into Russia ties to Trump off to rocky start
WASHINGTON (AP) — A simmering dispute between leaders of the House intelligence committee spilled into the public Monday over an investigation into whether President Donald Trump has ties to Russia, even as they pledged to conduct a bipartisan probe.
- N. Korean diplomats in Malaysia to get Kim's brother's body
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — A high-level North Korean delegation arrived in Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday seeking the body of leader Kim Jong Un's half brother, the victim of a nerve-agent attack that many suspect Pyongyang itself of orchestrating.
- South Korean prosecutors to indict Samsung's de facto chief
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korean special prosecutors said they would indict Samsung's de facto chief Tuesday on bribery, embezzlement and other charges linked to a political scandal that has toppled President Park Geun-hye.
- NFL teams get jump start on franchise tags
Le'Veon Bell, Chandler Jones, Melvin Ingram and Kawann Short didn't have to wait until Wednesday's deadline to get franchise tagged.
- Despite cold Curry, Durant and Warriors beat 76ers 119-108
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Stephen Curry is surrounded by stars with the Golden State Warriors. He's never needed them more than Monday night.
- TOP 25 THIS WEEK: No. 17 Duke hobbled entering final week
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Little has gone smoothly or as expected for No. 17 Duke this season.
- Steelers sign Brown to new deal, place franchise tag on Bell
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert stressed earlier this month one of the team's biggest goals during the offseason was to make wide receiver Antonio Brown and running back Le'Veon Bell vital parts of the organization "for life."
- Guy, Perrantes help No. 23 Virginia beat No. 5 UNC 53-43
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — Virginia coach Tony Bennett took the blame for a poor approach in No. 23 Virginia's 24-point loss at No. 5 North Carolina nine days ago.