- Obama calls GOP criticism of Iran deal 'ridiculous,' 'sad'
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia (AP) — President Barack Obama unleashed a blistering and belittling rebuke of Republican White House hopefuls Monday, calling their attack on his landmark nuclear deal with Iran "ridiculous if it weren't so sad."
- Boy Scouts of America end total ban on gay adults
NEW YORK (AP) — The Boy Scouts of America on Monday ended its blanket ban on gay adult leaders while allowing church-sponsored Scout units to maintain the exclusion for religious reasons.
- 10 Things to Know for Tuesday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
- House, Senate on collision course in highway debate
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senators overruled heated conservative opposition Monday and added a measure reviving the federal Export-Import Bank to must-pass highway legislation. But House Republicans declared the transportation bill dead on arrival.
- Judge says she did not involuntarily commit theater gunman
CARROLLTON, Ga. (AP) — The gunman responsible for last week's deadly attack in a Louisiana movie theater was delivered by deputies to hospital for a mental evaluation in 2008 after his family said he was a danger to himself and others.
- With Boston out, can Los Angeles revive a US Olympic bid?
Boston's bid to host the 2024 Olympics was undercut by its own mayor, its skeptical public and, finally, leaders of the U.S. Olympic Committee, who were tired of the city's ever-changing blueprint.
- Seau lawyer: family won't disrupt Hall of Fame ceremonies
CANTON, Ohio (AP) — The family of the late Junior Seau will not disrupt the Hall of Fame ceremonies on Aug. 8 despite its disagreement with a policy preventing live remarks during a posthumous induction.
- AP sources: NFL close to new football inspection rules
The NFL is preparing to send out instructions to game officials and teams explaining new rules for inspecting footballs.
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox for stretch run
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — The Los Angeles Angels acquired veteran outfielder Shane Victorino and more than $3.8 million from the Boston Red Sox on Monday for infielder Josh Rutledge.
- A-Rod homers on 40th birthday in Yankees' 6-2 win at Rangers
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Alex Rodriguez homered on his 40th birthday, helping the New York Yankees beat the Texas Rangers 6-2 Monday night.