- IS buried thousands in 72 mass graves, AP finds
HARDAN, Iraq (AP) — Surrounded by smoke and flames, the sound of gunshots echoing around him, the young man crouched in the creek for hours, listening to the men in his family die.
- Suicidal Germanwings pilot had struggled in US flight school
WASHINGTON (AP) — The German pilot who deliberately flew his airliner into a mountainside last year had struggled with learning to fly and had failed a key test of his skills during training in the U.S., according to FBI interviews with his flight instructors.
- Foundation big part of Bill Clinton's post-White House life
WASHINGTON (AP) — When Bill Clinton left the White House, he was popular but tainted by scandal, struggling to find his footing. He eventually channeled his energy into the global philanthropy that bears his name and is shaping so much of his post-presidential legacy.
- State: Benghazi emails involving Clinton recovered by FBI
WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department says about 30 emails that may be related to the 2012 attack on U.S. compounds in Benghazi, Libya, are among the thousands of Hillary Clinton emails recovered during the FBI's recently closed investigation into her use of a private server.
- Clashes subside in Syria between Turkish, Kurdish forces
BEIRUT (AP) — Clashes between Turkey's military and Kurdish-backed Syrian forces subsided Tuesday evening after days of fighting between the two had frustrated efforts by a U.S.-led coalition to drive the Islamic State group from northern Syria.
- As anthem controversy simmers, Kaepernick prepares to play
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Colin Kaepernick will get one more chance to impress coach Chip Kelly before the San Francisco 49ers announce their starting quarterback even as the debate surrounding Kaepernick's refusal to stand for the national anthem remains heated.
- Vikings QB Bridgewater goes down in practice with injury
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) — Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater went down with an injury in practice on Tuesday, causing the team to cut short its session after 25 minutes.
- The Latest: Wawrinka advances in straight sets at US Open
NEW YORK (AP) — The Latest on the U.S. Open (all times local):
- Hard Knox: Russell Knox out of Ryder Cup despite strong play
NEW YORK (AP) — A top European Tour official waited patiently as Russell Knox wrapped up his duties from winning a World Golf Championship. He wanted to introduce himself to Knox and share details on how to become a tour member.
- Look for Luck, Colts back in playoffs, and maybe Raiders?
DALLAS (AP) — The Indianapolis Colts played mostly without Andrew Luck when they missed the playoffs in 2015 after winning their division a year earlier.