- IS attacks Iraq city of Kirkuk, power plant amid Mosul fight
KIRKUK, Iraq (AP) — Islamic State militants armed with assault rifles and explosives attacked targets in and around the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk early Friday in an assault that appeared aimed at diverting Iraqi security forces from a massive offensive against the IS-held city of Mosul.
- Trump, Clinton trade caustic barbs as roast turns bitter
NEW YORK (AP) — The annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner, a white-tie gala in New York that is often the last time the two presidential nominees share a stage before Election Day, is traditionally a time when campaign hostilities are set aside.
- Trump says he'll accept a clear election result, won't lose
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump has stepped back only slightly from his refusal to say during his debate with Hillary Clinton whether he would concede if he loses on Election Day, failing to stem the criticism that flowed from Republicans and Democrats over an attitude some contended struck at the heart of American democracy.
- 50 years later, Black Panthers look back at party's founding
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The Black Panthers emerged from this gritty Northern California city 50 years ago, declaring to a nation in turmoil a new party dedicated to defending African-Americans against police brutality and protecting the right of a downtrodden people to determine their own future.
- Syrian government opens corridor in Aleppo for evacuations
BEIRUT (AP) — The Syrian government has opened a corridor for rebels and civilians who want to leave the besieged eastern neighborhoods of the city of Aleppo.
- Cubs beat Dodgers 8-4, head home with 3-2 lead in NLCS
LOS ANGELES (AP) — One win away. Two chances at home. Seven decades of waiting.
- Rodgers throws 3 TD passes, Packers beat Bears 26-10
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Davante Adams woke up Thursday not knowing if he would be cleared to play after spending a few days in the NFL's concussion protocol.
- Bears' anemic offense takes another hit at quarterback
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — The Chicago Bears' anemic offense took another hit on Thursday night.
- Candace Parker's resume is complete with WNBA title
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — For all Candace Parker had accomplished on the court, that glowing resume had one glaring omission — a WNBA title.
- NFL reopens Brown investigation, Brown not going to London
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Josh Brown's future with the New York Giants and possibly the NFL is in jeopardy after police released journal entries and emails in which the place-kicker admitted that he repeatedly verbally and physically abused his former wife.