- End of transgender bathroom rule gets conservative praise
WASHINGTON (AP) — Conservatives are praising the Trump administration's rollback of public school bathroom requirements for transgender students, saying the move corrects a legal overreach by the Obama administration that is best left for states to decide. Transgender rights advocates, meanwhile, are vowing to overcome a major setback.
- US, Mexico at odds over deportation as top officials meet
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico's mounting unease and resentment over President Donald Trump's immigration crackdown are looming over a gathering of U.S. and Mexican leaders that the U.S. had hoped would project a strong future for relations between neighbors.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- US-backed Iraqi forces enter Mosul airport, military base
BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraqi forces backed by the U.S.-led international coalition fought their way Thursday into a sprawling military base outside of Mosul and onto the grounds of the city's airport, taking control of the runway amid fierce exchanges of fire with Islamic State group militants.
- AP Analysis: Why Venezuelans have lost hope life will change
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — Venezuela is so short on food that tens of thousands are going hungry or even starving. Its murder rate is among the highest in the world. Its economy is so crippled that the average shopper spends 35 hours a month waiting in line — three times more than in 2014.
- Gillon's 3 at buzzer lifts Syracuse past No. 10 Duke 78-75
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — John Gillon had done it before, just not quite on such a grand stage.
- NBA returns for a break-neck finish to regular season
LeBron James, Steph Curry and the rest of the NBA have had a chance to catch their collective breath, kick their feet up for a few days and rest up after a frenetic first three-and-a-half months of the season.
- As trade rumors swirl, George gets back to work with Pacers
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Paul George showed up to work Wednesday wearing the same Indiana Pacers uniform he has all season.
- In Lebanon gyms, playtime and escape for Syrian children
BEIRUT (AP) — Every Sunday, the gymnasium along Beirut's airport highway echoes with the shouting and laughter of dozens of Syrian children enjoying a rare escape from a grim and confined life in exile.
- No. 8 Tar Heels top No. 7 Cardinals 74-63, stretch ACC lead
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — No. 8 North Carolina kept hitting the glass, making its free throws and hitting its outside shots.