- Official: Airport attackers from Russia, Central Asia
ISTANBUL (AP) — As the death toll from the Istanbul airport attack rose Thursday to 44, a senior Turkish official said the three suicide bombers who carried it out were from Russia, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan, and Turkish police raided Istanbul neighborhoods for suspects linked to the Islamic State group.
- Istanbul airport attack victims mourned, honored, praised
ISTANBUL (AP) — An adoring father of his four "princesses." A weeping bride-to-be, bent over her fiance's coffin. Two women looking forward to a few days' vacation with their husbands and their infant children. Victims of Tuesday night's attack at Istanbul's main airport have left behind mourning friends and relatives who are now struggling to deal with their loss. Here are some of their stories:
- AP sources: Gingrich, Christie being vetted for Trump VP
WASHINGTON (AP) — Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has begun formally vetting prospective vice presidential picks.
- Pentagon ends ban on transgender troops in military
WASHINGTON (AP) — Saying it's the right thing to do, Defense Secretary Ash Carter announced Thursday that transgender people will be allowed to serve openly in the U.S. military, ending one of the last bans on service in the armed forces.
- Clinton and Lynch met privately at Phoenix airport
NEW YORK (AP) — Former President Bill Clinton spoke with Attorney General Loretta Lynch during an impromptu meeting in Phoenix, but Lynch said the discussion did not involve the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email use as secretary of state.
- Portugal leaves it late again to beat Poland on penalties
MARSEILLE, France (AP) — Portugal likes to leave it late at this European Championship, whether Cristiano Ronaldo is having a good game or not.
- The Latest: Evans, Torres pay visit to swim trials
The Latest on the Olympics ahead of the Rio Games (all times local to Rio):
- Rally cats! Tigers use 8-run 9th inning to beat Rays 10-7
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — The Detroit Tigers began an 11-game road trip with a ninth-inning rally to remember.
- Streaking Indians win 13th straight, beat Blue Jays 4-1
TORONTO (AP) — A dominant performance from Carlos Carrasco gave the Cleveland Indians their longest winning streak in nearly 65 years.
- Phelps, Lochte set up their only true showdown at US trials
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte did their part.