- Center of main rebel city in Ukraine hit by shells
DONETSK, Ukraine (AP) — At least one person has been killed after three shells hit an apartment block in the center of the main separatist rebel stronghold of Donetsk in eastern Ukraine.
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas power in Gaza war
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Israel escalated its military campaign against Hamas on Tuesday, striking symbols of the group's control in Gaza and firing tank shells that shut down the strip's only power plant in the heaviest bombardment in the fighting so far.
- With Israel at war, US lawmakers give full support
WASHINGTON (AP) — Members of Congress are falling over one another to show their support for Israel.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- US, EU preparing new sanctions against Russia
BRUSSELS (AP) — The United States and the European Union are preparing a powerful one-two punch against the Russian economy, with EU ambassadors meeting Tuesday to discuss a dramatic escalation in the trade bloc's sanctions.
- NBA, Clippers eager for Sterling out, Ballmer in
The NBA and the Los Angeles Clippers are ready to move on, even if Donald Sterling wants to keep fighting.
- Sailors to navigate dirty water in 1st Rio test
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Sailors, coaches and the mayor of Rio de Janeiro acknowledge the problem: Guanabara Bay, the venue for sailing at the 2016 Olympics, is badly polluted. Some liken it to a sewer.
- Your Top Plays for Today
Your Top Plays for Today: AP's Sports Guide
- Santana, Gattis lead Braves to 2-0 win over Padres
ATLANTA (AP) — Ervin Santana knew in the very first inning his slider would be tough to hit.
- Rose returns as US basketball team opens camp
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Derrick Rose says he feels old.