- No tapes: Trump says he didn't record meetings with Comey
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Thursday he "did not make" and doesn't have any recordings of his private conversations with ousted FBI Director James Comey, speaking up on Twitter after a month-long guessing game that began with him delivering an ominous warning and ended with his administration ensnared in more scandal.
- Senate GOP releases bill to cut Medicaid, alter 'Obamacare'
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republicans released their long-awaited bill Thursday to dismantle much of Barack Obama's health care law, proposing to cut Medicaid and erase tax boosts that helped Obama finance his expansion of coverage. The measure encountered immediate trouble as four GOP senators said they opposed it but were open to negotiations.
- Trump publicly doubting that Russia meddled in election
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump appeared to cast doubt on the assessment of 17 U.S. intelligence agencies that blame Russia for election meddling, questioning Thursday why the Obama administration didn't try to stop it.
- Pelosi defends leadership following special election loss
WASHINGTON (AP) — Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi defended her leadership on Thursday in the face of needling from President Donald Trump and grumbling from fellow House Democrats exasperated after a high-profile special election loss.
- A weakening Cindy heads inland, spreading rain far and wide
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Tropical Depression Cindy crept northward across Louisiana toward Arkansas after churning ashore as a tropical storm early Thursday, weakening steadily but still spreading heavy rain and thunderstorms over hundreds of miles of territory from east Texas through a broad swath of the Southeast.
- AP source: Raiders QB Derek Carr agrees to $125M extension
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Raiders quarterback Derek Carr finalized a five-year contract extension Thursday that will keep him with the team through the 2022 season.
- Cubs send struggling Schwarber to Triple-A Iowa
MIAMI (AP) — The Chicago Cubs have demoted struggling slugger Kyle Schwarber to Triple-A Iowa.
- Expansion Vegas loads up on D-men, could make more trades
George McPhee secured a king's ransom to avoid selecting certain players in the Vegas Golden Knights' expansion draft , and he's not done dealing.
- Edmonton's Connor McDavid wins first Hart Trophy as NHL MVP
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Connor McDavid won his first Hart Trophy. Hardly anybody in hockey believes it will be his last.
- 5 years after Sandusky conviction, many unresolved issues
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — It's been five years since ex-Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky was convicted of 45 counts of child sexual abuse. His appeal is just one of many issues related to the scandal that are still working their way through the courts.