- Pentagon probes former Trump aide Flynn's foreign payments
WASHINGTON (AP) — The investigations into President Donald Trump's ousted National Security Adviser Michael Flynn intensified Thursday as the Pentagon's watchdog joined lawmakers in scrutinizing the legality of payments he accepted from foreign sources including a Russian state-sponsored television network.
- After Damascus blasts, Israel intercepts 'target' from Syria
BEIRUT (AP) — An apparent Israeli missile attack on a Syrian military installation near Damascus International Airport shook the capital early on Thursday morning and raised tensions between the two hostile neighbors.
- In tweetstorm, Trump takes aim at Democrats on spending bill
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Thursday unleashed a tweetstorm of criticism of Democrats involved in tense negotiations on a spending bill to keep the government open, accusing them of trying to close national parks and jeopardize the safety of U.S. troops over demands to provide Americans with health care.
- US admiral says N. Korea crisis is at worst point he's seen
WASHINGTON (AP) — The senior U.S. Navy officer overseeing military operations in the Pacific said Thursday that the crisis with North Korea is at the worst point he's ever seen, but he declined to compare the situation to the Cuban missile crisis decades ago.
- Trump to sign order creating accountability office at VA
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump plans to sign an executive order Thursday creating an accountability and whistleblower protection office at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Want to succeed at the NFL draft? Copy the Patriots
The New England Patriots are, without a doubt, the NFL's model franchise over the past decade, so it makes sense that the rest of the league would take a close look at how Bill Belichick and Co. have gone about constructing their roster, especially when it comes to the draft.
- Fournette entering NFL draft showing no fear of a bad fit
Leonard Fournette is about to lose a little control over his carefully cultivated football career.
- 14-year-old cancer survivor to announce Ravens' 1st pick
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — T.J. Owuanibe is known as "the kid with the football" at Children's National Hospital in Washington, D.C. On Thursday night, he'll be "the kid announcing the first selection" for the Baltimore Ravens at the NFL draft.
- Manfred says 2 groups still in Miami Marlins' bidding
NEW YORK (AP) — Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says two groups are still bidding to buy the Miami Marlins from Jeffrey Loria.
- Predators' Fiala out of playoffs after breaking leg
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Nashville general manager David Poile says Predators forward Kevin Fiala broke his left leg during Game 1 against St. Louis and is recovering from surgery to repair his femur.