- Clinton TV ad hits Trump hard; he promises an all-out effort
CLEVELAND (AP) — While Hillary Clinton unveiled an emotional television ad featuring the parents of a slain Muslim American Army captain, Donald Trump assured supporters he would have no regrets if he loses the presidential election because he was going all out in the final weeks of the campaign.
- Clinton campaign ponders 'what if' Trump doesn't concede
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) — Hillary Clinton's campaign is increasingly preparing for the possibility that Donald Trump may never concede the presidential election should she win, a development that could enormously complicate the crucial early weeks of her preparations to take office.
- Police: Powder mailed to Clinton campaign not harmful
NEW YORK (AP) — Police in New York say preliminary tests on a white powdery substance found in an envelope sent to Hillary Clinton's campaign show that it was not harmful.
- Cyberattacks on key internet firm disrupt internet services
Withering cyberattacks on server farms of a key internet firm repeatedly disrupted access to major websites and online services including Twitter, Netflix and PayPal across the United States on Friday. The White House called the disruption malicious and a hacker group claimed responsibility, though its assertion couldn't be verified.
- Iraq pushes into town near Mosul after IS assault on Kirkuk
KHAZER, Iraq (AP) — Iraqi forces pushed into a town to the southeast of the Islamic State-held city of Mosul on Saturday after a wave of militant attacks in and around the northern city of Kirkuk set off more than 24 hours of heavy clashes, with ongoing skirmishes in some areas.
- Charles Barkley has something to say about race in America
NEW YORK (AP) — Charles Barkley calls it friendly fire.
- NFL didn't learn its lesson after Ray Rice incident
After mishandling Ray Rice's domestic violence incident two years ago, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said "I got it wrong" and vowed "the same mistakes can never be repeated."
- Kershaw stands in the way of Cubs' chance to make history
CHICAGO (AP) — All that's left for the Chicago Cubs to do is make history.
- Week 8 preview: A&M vs. 'Bama; Helfrich under pressure
As the college football season makes the turn into the back half of the season, we're due for a startling upset.
- Anthem singer at Heat-76ers game kneels during performance
MIAMI (AP) — A woman performing the national anthem before an NBA preseason game in Miami on Friday night did so while kneeling at midcourt, and opening her jacket to show a shirt with the phrase "Black Lives Matter."