- GOP's challenge: finding votes for Senate health care bill
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has finally unwrapped his plan for dismantling President Barack Obama's health care law. Now comes his next challenge — persuading enough Republicans to back the measure and avert a defeat that could be shattering for President Donald Trump and the GOP.
- Trump suggests he was trying to keep FBI director honest
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump suggested he was just trying to keep fired FBI Director James Comey honest with his cryptic tweet implying there might be recordings of their private conversations.
- North Korea says it's 'biggest victim' in US student's death
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea on Friday called itself the "biggest victim" in the death of an American student who was detained for more than a year and died days after being released in a coma.
- Supreme Court could reveal action on travel ban at any time
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court has almost certainly decided what to do about President Donald Trump's travel ban affecting citizens of six mostly Muslim countries.
- Manslaughter charges eyed in deadly Grenfell Tower blaze
LONDON (AP) — Police are considering filing manslaughter charges related to the fire at a west London apartment tower that killed at least 79 people.
- 76ers take Fultz, Lakers grab Ball to start NBA draft
NEW YORK (AP) — Markelle Fultz, Lonzo Ball and the future of the NBA arrived Thursday night.
- Splash! Timberwolves get All-Star Jimmy Butler from Bulls
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Ever since Tom Thibodeau took over in Minnesota last summer, a reunion with Chicago Bulls All-Star Jimmy Butler seemed destined to happen.
- 76ers put future of The Process in No. 1 pick Fultz's hands
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) — The Philadelphia 76ers put The Process in the hands of Washington guard Markelle Fultz.
- Sochi club withdraws from league in blow to World Cup plans
SOCHI, Russia (AP) — The Russian city of Sochi's only professional soccer club says it is withdrawing from the league, in a move which calls World Cup legacy plans into question.
- Fewer players with international ties picked in NBA draft
MIAMI (AP) — Lauri Markkanen had a special accessory sewn into the lining of his suit jacket at the NBA draft.