- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A Chechen immigrant was shot to death by authorities while being questioned in the Boston Marathon bombing investigation early Wednesday after he lunged at an FBI agent with a knife, officials said.
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror
LONDON (AP) — British Prime Minister David Cameron says there are "strong indications" that a brutal attack in London is terror-related.
- One block: How neighbors saw twister's deadly path
MOORE, Okla. (AP) — Dan Garland could feel the latch on the shelter door begin to turn in his hand. It was as if the storm outside were a living, breathing thing — and it was trying desperately to get in.
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
MOORE, Okla. (AP) — The tornado that tore through an Oklahoma City suburb destroyed or damaged as many as 13,000 homes and may have caused $2 billion in overall damage, officials said Wednesday.
- Greuel thanks supporters after failed LA mayor bid
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Wendy Greuel is thanking supporters who tried to make her Los Angeles' first woman mayor.
- Bears LB Urlacher announces his retirement
CHICAGO (AP) — Brian Urlacher wasn't sure how dominant he could be any longer, so he's calling it a career after 13 seasons with the Chicago Bears.
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
VIRGINIA WATER, England (AP) — Sergio Garcia apologized to Tiger Woods for saying he would have "fried chicken" at dinner with his rival, a comment that Woods described as hurtful and inappropriate.
- AP Source: Coach K returning to US men's team
Mike Krzyzewski had decided to remain coach of the U.S. men's Olympic basketball team.
- Clark future uncertain if PGA follows anchor ban
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Tim Clark considers his future in golf uncertain now that the game's two governing bodies have outlawed the anchored putting stroke.
- Twins' Plouffe has concussion, on 7-day DL
ATLANTA (AP) — The Minnesota Twins placed third baseman Trevor Plouffe on the seven-day disabled list with a concussion Wednesday after he was struck in the head by Dan Uggla's shin while breaking up an attempted double play.