- After 3 years, MH370 search ends with no plane, few answers
SYDNEY (AP) — After nearly three years, the hunt for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 ended in futility and frustration Tuesday, as crews completed their deep-sea search of a desolate stretch of the Indian Ocean without finding a trace of the plane.
- AF447 searcher recalls pain of failure as MH370 hunt ends
SYDNEY (AP) — Searchers' frustration over Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is difficult to overstate, from the monstrous waves that battered search crews in one of the world's most desolate stretches of ocean to the dearth of information on the plane's flight path that stymied investigators. And now, perhaps most brutal of all, comes the admission of defeat.
- Istanbul gunman captured after more than 2 weeks on run
ISTANBUL (AP) — Turkish police captured the gunman who carried out the deadly New Year's nightclub attack in Istanbul, with officials saying Tuesday that he's an Uzbekistan national who trained in Afghanistan and confessed to the massacre.
- Interior nominee Zinke to be quizzed on public lands, coal
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican Rep. Ryan Zinke says he would never sell, give away or transfer public lands, a crucial stance in his home state of Montana and the West where access to hunting and fishing is considered sacrosanct.
- Trump tries to calm tensions after Lewis squabble
NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump spoke of national unity to a son of Martin Luther King Jr., seeking to ease friction over the president-elect's squabble with Rep. John Lewis, a protege of the slain civil rights leader.
- Warriors rout defending champion Cavaliers 126-91 in rematch
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Now, everybody can sit back for a few months and envision the possibility of another scintillating NBA Finals between Cleveland and Golden State.
- Steelers downplay Tomlin's vulgar description of Patriots
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Antonio Brown wanted to let the world in on the party when he live-streamed the giddy celebration in Pittsburgh's locker room after an 18-16 playoff win over Kansas City.
- No. 9 UNC tops Syracuse 85-68 for Williams' 800th career win
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina coach Roy Williams stood at midcourt, looking to the Smith Center rafters to watch video messages from former players congratulating him on his 800th win.
- Green fouls LeBron, appears to mock him for flopping
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Draymond Green and LeBron James went at it again in the first half of the Cavaliers' visit to Golden State on Monday.
- Paul hurt, but Clippers trounce Thunder to go 7-0 in 2017
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The last time Chris Paul went down with an injury, the Los Angeles Clippers went into a tailspin.