- Was Trump's Taiwan contact a policy shift or a misstep?
BEIJING (AP) — Was President-elect Donald Trump signaling a shift in U.S.-China relations when he referred to Taiwan's leader as "president" following a phone call this past week or was it an unintentional misstep?
- Trump threatens payback for US companies that move abroad
WASHINGTON (AP) — President-elect Donald Trump is threatening heavy taxes as retribution for U.S. companies that move their business operations overseas and still try to sell their product to Americans.
- Democrats' task: Rebuild the blue political wall in Midwest
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Democrats need to rebuild the political "blue wall" of traditionally Democratic upper Midwest and Great Lakes states that Republican Donald Trump captured with an appeal to white, working-class voters.
- Site of deadly Oakland warehouse fire an artist space, maze
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The converted warehouse known as the "Ghost Ship" where a deadly fire ripped through a late-night dance party was an artist workspace and illegal home for a rotating cast of a dozen or more residents, those who lived there or visited often said.
- Fidel Castro's ashes interred in a private ceremony
SANTIAGO, Cuba (AP) — Fidel Castro's ashes were being interred in a private ceremony Sunday morning after Cuban officials made a last-minute cancellation of plans to broadcast the events live on national and international television. International media were also barred from the ceremony.
- Penn State gives playoff committee something to ponder
The College Football Playoff selection committee was given something to ponder by Penn State.
- Penn State makes playoff case with 38-31 win over Wisconsin
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — As Penn State's band played and Lucas Oil Stadium rocked, thousands of fans clad in their traditional white shirts chanted "We Are Penn State."
- No. 1 Alabama romps past Florida 54-16 in SEC title game
ATLANTA (AP) — This was merely an annoyance for Alabama, a chance to add another trophy to its overflowing cases. The Crimson Tide did just enough things wrong to give Nick Saban something to complain about over the next month, but in the end it was another dominating victory for the nation's top-ranked team.
- Watson, Clemson claim ACC title and await playoff berth
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) â Deshaun Watson's mission is not over.
- No. 11 UCLA upsets top-ranked Kentucky 97-92
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) — Only briefly did UCLA appear vulnerable against top-ranked Kentucky in its usual charged environment that has made the Wildcats one of the hardest teams to beat at home.