- Protests disband after IS group carries out 2nd Iraq bombing
BAGHDAD (AP) — Anti-government protesters disbanded at least temporarily Sunday from the heavily fortified Green Zone they had stormed a day earlier after the Islamic State group carried out its second major attack in Iraq in as many days — a pair of car bombs that killed more than 30 people.
- US once again forced to turn to Russia for help on Syria
GENEVA (AP) — Scrambling to resuscitate a nearly dead truce in Syria, the Obama administration has again been forced to turn to Russia for help, with little hope for the desired U.S. outcome.
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
- Elephants perform for final time at Ringling Bros.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus bid farewell to its performing elephants on Sunday, as the show closed its own chapter on a practice that has entertained audiences in America for two centuries but has come under fire by animal rights activists.
- Schumer: Probe billboards using phone data to track shoppers
NEW YORK (AP) — A U.S. senator is calling for a federal investigation into an outdoor advertising company's latest effort to target billboard ads to specific consumers.
- Warriors whip Portland at home in opener of West semifinals
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — From the opening tip, Klay Thompson shot lights-out and even heaved one in from way out in Stephen Curry territory. Draymond Green began yapping from the start while doing his thing to make plays every which way, calling on his teammates to bring an edge on defense.
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73
MIAMI (AP) — Dwyane Wade took a moment before tipoff Sunday to reflect on all that his Miami Heat endured this season.
- Brad Keselowski wins crazy crash-fest at Talladega
TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — Two cars went airborne, 35 were involved in an accident of some kind, and Danica Patrick had the wind knocked out of her in a vicious crash into the wall.
- Blues even series on Backes' OT game-winner, beat Stars 4-3
DALLAS (AP) — David Backes gave the St. Louis Blues a big gift on his 32nd birthday, with another overtime goal to go home even.
- Pomeranz gives up RBI single to Kershaw, Padres fan 14 times
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Drew Pomeranz did just fine for the San Diego Padres, giving up just three hits over seven innings.