- Presidential race shows deep seated strife toward
WASHINGTON (AP) — It started with Mexicans being publicly compared by presidential candidate Donald Trump to criminals and rapists. It escalated to ejections, to sucker punches, to pepper spray. And now violence and strife seems to be a commonplace occurrence out on the campaign trail.
- AP-NORC Poll: Voters interested, not excited about election
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) — Mary Heintzelman shakes her head in disgust over the presidential election.
- AP-NORC Poll finds bare confidence in government, elections
WASHINGTON (AP) — Few Americans have much confidence in the U.S. political system, the government in general, or in either political party.
- In business and politics, Trump stokes internal rivalries
WASHINGTON (AP) — When Donald Trump acquired a pair of Atlantic City casinos in the mid-1980s, he pitted his managers against each other in a ferocious competition over everything from booking entertainers to attracting high-rolling gamblers.
- The Latest: WWII plane in fatal crash pulled from river
NEW YORK (AP) — The Latest on the fatal crash of a vintage World War II plane into the Hudson River between New York and New Jersey (all times local):
- 8 Russian athletes test positive in 2012 doping retests
MOSCOW (AP) — Russia's Olympic Committee said Saturday that eight of the country's athletes have registered positive in doping retests for the 2012 London Games.
- LeBron, Cavs confident, healthy as they return to NBA Finals
TORONTO (AP) — LeBron James isn't just going back to the NBA Finals. He's returning with a team that's healthy and whole, which makes this trip unlike last year.
- Thunder look to close out defending champion Warriors
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Thunder won't say they have to win Game 6 against the Golden State Warriors on Saturday to win the Western Conference finals.
- The Latest: Ferrer into 4th round at French Open
PARIS (AP) — The Latest on the French Open (all times local):
- Svitolina downs former champion Ivanovic at French Open
PARIS (AP) — In her seven previous matches with Ana Ivanovic, Elina Svitolina had only managed to win a set.