- Police outside cop funeral turn backs on NY mayor
NEW YORK (AP) — Hundreds of officers outside the church where a funeral was held for a policeman killed along with his partner in an ambush shooting turned their backs on the mayor as he spoke during Saturday's service.
- Key developments in police-communities tension
The killings of two unarmed black men by white police officers in Missouri and New York this summer touched off protests and a national debate over police conduct that intensified after grand juries refused to indict the officers.
- N. Korea compares Obama to monkey in hacking row
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea on Saturday blamed the U.S. for shutting down its Internet amid the hacking row over the movie "The Interview" and compared President Barack Obama to a monkey.
- US mission in Havana to become embassy amid thaw
HAVANA (AP) — A half-century after Washington severed relations with Cuba, the United States' seven-story mission looms over Havana's seaside Malecon boulevard as the largest diplomatic outpost in the country.
- Agonizing, lonely search for missing kids in China
BEIJING (AP) — In the grainy video, Zhang Xiuhong can see her daughter ride her bike down a country road on her way to school one spring afternoon six years ago.
- Devils replace DeBoer with 3-headed coaching staff
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — The New Jersey Devils are replacing the fired Pete DeBoer with a three-headed coaching staff.
- Sports deaths: elegant Tony Gwynn, Jean Beliveau
For one, the tool of choice was a bat. For the other, a stick.
- Cleveland reaches 50 years of sports futility
CLEVELAND (AP) — For this golden anniversary, there won't be any gifts exchanged or champagne-sipping celebrations.
- Chiefs QB Alex Smith out with lacerated spleen
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Alex Smith thought he had some indigestion. It turned out to be a lacerated spleen.
- Rockets top Grizzlies in overtime in Smith's debut
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Josh Smith immediately paid dividends for the Houston Rockets, while the Memphis Grizzlies remained spiraling on their longest losing streak of the season.