- Obama's power plant climate plan shifts to courts, states
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama sought to clamp down Monday on power plant emissions with a federal plan that — if successful — would attempt to slow global warming by dramatically shifting the way Americans get and use electricity.
- GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in debate preview
MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — The Republican Party's presidential class demanded aggressive steps to curb illegal immigration, seizing on a delicate political issue while facing off in New Hampshire on Monday night during a crowded and pointed preview of the 2016 primary season's first full-fledged debate.
- Rebooting Greece: how to get its economy going again
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — After so much pain, Greece must now figure out how to get its economy back on its feet.
- New Hampshire officials probing tent collapse that killed 2
LANCASTER, N.H. (AP) — Safety officials in New Hampshire have begun investigating the collapse of a circus tent during a severe storm that killed two spectators and injured at least 22 other people.
- Cooler weather helps crews battling California wildfire
LOWER LAKE, Calif. (AP) — Firefighters were working aggressively to regain control after a raging Northern California fire jumped a highway that had served as a containment line for the massive blaze — one of 20 wildfires burning in California.
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The National Baseball Congress suspended using batboys and girls during its World Series games in Kansas following the death of a 9-year-old boy who was accidentally hit in the head with a bat during a game.
- Sjostrom and Hosszu set world marks at swim championships
KAZAN, Russia (AP) — The women are getting it done at the world swimming championships.
- What's going on with American Pharoah after Haskell win
OCEANPORT, N.J. (AP) — When the music played about 10 minutes before the start of the Haskell Invitational, there was no way American Pharoah could lose.
- Beltre has 3rd career cycle for Rangers
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Adrian Beltre had his third career cycle Monday night, becoming the first major league player since the 1930s to accomplish that feat.
- Hessman sets minor league HR record with No. 433
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Call him the real-life Crash Davis.