- The Latest: 9 bodies recovered from burned Oakland warehouse
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The Latest on a deadly fire in a converted warehouse in Oakland, California (all times local):
- Fire tears through Oakland dance party, killing at least 9
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Firefighters struggled to get to bodies in the rubble Saturday after a fire tore through a converted Oakland warehouse during a late-night electronic music party, killing at least 9 people and making the charred structure unsafe for emergency crews to enter. Officials said at least two dozen more were missing in the rubble of the building.
- Rain and sorrow accentuate memorial for dead at Brazil club
CHAPECO, Brazil (AP) — On a rainy Saturday that only accentuated the grief, 20,000 people filled a tiny stadium under umbrellas and plastic ponchos to say goodbye to members of the Chapecoense soccer club who died in a plane crash.
- Bergdahl seeks pardon from Obama to avert desertion trial
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the former prisoner of war who's accused of endangering comrades by walking off his post in Afghanistan, is asking President Barack Obama to pardon him before leaving office.
- For now, Trump bears signs of a dealmaker, not a policymaker
WASHINGTON (AP) — He phones. He kibitzes. He cajoles. He threatens. He rewards.
- No. 1 Alabama romps past Florida 54-16 in SEC title game
ATLANTA (AP) — This was merely an annoyance for Alabama, a chance to add another trophy to its overflowing cases. The Crimson Tide did just enough things wrong to give Nick Saban something to complain about over the next month, but in the end it was another dominating victory for the nation's top-ranked team.
- Alabama's Saban aims to help Kiffin land another head job
ATLANTA (AP) — Alabama coach Nick Saban wants to help offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin get another head coaching job.
- No. 11 UCLA upsets top-ranked Kentucky 97-92
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) — Only briefly did UCLA appear vulnerable against top-ranked Kentucky in its usual charged environment that has made the Wildcats one of the hardest teams to beat at home.
- Players: Kerr's marijuana admission could spark dialogue
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — David West has undergone four surgeries in his long NBA career: left knee, right elbow and right foot twice to fix a couple of toes.
- Mayfield, Oklahoma top Oklahoma St. 38-20 to win Big 12
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — With his best receiver sidelined, Baker Mayfield still boosted his Heisman Trophy resume.