- More clemency coming after Obama shortens Manning's sentence
WASHINGTON (AP) — Embracing his clemency powers like never before, President Barack Obama is planning more commutations in his final days in office after a dramatic move to cut short convicted leaker Chelsea Manning's sentence.
- Inaugural speech is Trump's time to rise to the moment
WASHINGTON (AP) — Tradition suggests it's time for Donald Trump to set aside the say-anything speaking style and rise to the inaugural moment.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Were opportunities for clues from MH370 debris missed?
SYDNEY (AP) — Three nations shelled out around $160 million and years' worth of work on the underwater search for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. The result: No plane. The only tangible — and arguably most important — clues into what happened to the aircraft have come courtesy of ordinary citizens, who bore the costs themselves.
- For driverless cars, a moral dilemma: Who lives or dies?
BOSTON (AP) — Imagine you're behind the wheel when your brakes fail. As you speed toward a crowded crosswalk, you're confronted with an impossible choice: veer right and mow down a large group of elderly people, or veer left into a woman pushing a stroller.
- Oregon strength coach suspended after players hospitalized
The University of Oregon suspended football strength and conditioning coach Irele Oderinde one month without pay after three players were hospitalized following a series of intense workouts last week.
- Cloud of steroids hovers above Hall of Fame voting
NEW YORK (AP) — The cloud of steroids hovers above Hall of Fame voting, much as it shrouded baseball in the 1990s and early 2000s.
- Tomlin: Brown 'foolish' to livestream postgame locker room
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The father in Mike Tomlin regrets the language he used to describe the New England Patriots during the postgame speech Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown opted to livestream on social media after a taut playoff victory over Kansas City.
- Nathan Chen leads the way at US figure skating championships
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) â The pain in his hip is gone. All that's left is a surgical screw and a scar.
- Federer extends run of reaching 3rd round to 18 Aussie Opens
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Roger Federer relied on his Grand Slam experience during the most important points to beat Noah Rubin 7-5, 6-3, 7-6 (3) on Wednesday, maintaining his record of never failing to reach the third round at the 18 Australian Opens he's contested.