- Failure on health bill also hurts prospects for tax overhaul
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Republicans' failure to repeal Barack Obama's health care law deals a serious blow to another big part of President Donald Trump's agenda: tax reform.
- Now what? Options for next year as health law drama fades
As the political drama over health care legislation in Washington fades, the rest of the country faces a more immediate concern: Getting insurance for next year.
- Many governors welcome demise of GOP health care bill
CHERRY HILL, N.J. (AP) — Governors of both parties had warned Congress for weeks that the Republican health care bill threatened to saddle their states with big costs and potentially leave millions of people without coverage, especially because of the cutbacks planned to Medicaid.
- Analysis: The outsider dealmaker faltering in White House
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump campaigned as an outsider — celebrating his lack of political experience by selling himself as a dealmaker willing to buck Republican orthodoxy and his own party's leadership. He alone would reshape Washington.
- Gorsuch hearings show him as careful, folksy, testy at times
WASHINGTON (AP) — Nominees appearing before the Senate all have one goal in mind: Win confirmation. And when one party controls the Senate and the White House, the strategy of saying as little as possible doesn't vary much. But because Supreme Court nominees spend several long days in televised hearings, they still manage to reveal a few things about themselves, professionally and personally.
- Elite! Chiozza hits 3 at OT buzzer, Gators beat Wisconsin
NEW YORK (AP) — With 4 seconds left in overtime, Chris Chiozza took off with the ball, hoping to get to the hoop or find an open man. Instead, the Florida point guard stopped short right at the 3-point line and let fly with a shot that will go down in Gators' history.
- Elite 8-bound: Kentucky beats UCLA 86-75 in South semifinal
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — De'Aaron Fox credits some sticky Kentucky defense for the Wildcats' latest berth in a regional final.
- TIPPING OFF: Kansas, Gonzaga, Oregon, Xavier eye Final Four
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — It's finally time to award the first spots in the Final Four.
- Booker scores 70 in Boston, but Celtics outlast Suns 130-120
BOSTON (AP) — Devin Booker is only 20 and already has a place alongside Wilt Chamberlain, Kobe Bryant and just a few others in NBA history.
- NBA bans Joakim Noah 20 games for drug violation
Joakim Noah of the New York Knicks was suspended 20 games without pay for violating the league's anti-drug policy.