- More than 300 at wake for 2 nuns killed in Mississippi
DURANT, Miss. (AP) — More than 300 people came to a small church Sunday evening to say farewell to two nuns killed in their Mississippi home, even though more than half had to watch the service called vigil for the deceased on a monitor outside.
- Wednesday speech could clarify Trump's immigration policy
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump announced he'll be making a speech on illegal immigration on Wednesday in Arizona, after a week of speculation that he might be softening his hard-line promise to deport 11 million people living in the United States illegally.
- Italy probes whether negligence played role in quake toll
AMATRICE, Italy (AP) — Italian authorities are vowing to investigate whether negligence or fraud in adhering to building codes played a role in the high death toll in last week's earthquake in Italy.
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
- Beyonce slays at MTV VMAs, Britney Spears does not
NEW YORK (AP) — Beyonce owned the MTV Video Music Awards — like she did in 2014 — with a 16-minute performance featuring her recent hits from "Lemonade," working various stages with strong, layered vocals, skilled dance moves and even an outfit change — all as the audience watched in awe and cheered her on.
- Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Defiant, and determined to be a conduit for U.S. change, Colin Kaepernick plans to sit through the national anthem for as long as he feels is appropriate and until he sees significant progress in America — specifically when it comes to race relations.
- Reed wins Barclays, Fowler loses Ryder Cup spot
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. (AP) — Patrick Reed had a crystal trophy, a clear shot at the richest payoff in golf and a spot on the Ryder Cup team.
- Fowler plays his way off US Ryder Cup team
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. (AP) — Rickie Fowler lost the lead, the tournament and a guaranteed spot on the Ryder Cup team.
- Larson takes advantage of late restart for first Cup victory
BROOKLYN, Mich. (AP) — During the last couple laps of his first Sprint Cup victory, Kyle Larson was emotional.
- Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) — As Ryan Harlost stepped to the mound on Sunday, he took it all in.