- John Glenn, the 1st American to orbit Earth, dies at age 95
WASHINGTON (AP) — John Glenn, whose 1962 flight as the first U.S. astronaut to orbit the Earth made him an all-American hero and propelled him to a long career in the U.S. Senate, died Thursday. The last survivor of the original Mercury 7 astronauts was 95.
- Trump meets with Ohio State victims, taking on somber duty
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — In the midst of his Cabinet deliberations, President-elect Donald Trump flew to Ohio Thursday to meet with victims and families after the latest U.S. outbreak of violence, a somber duty that became all too familiar to his predecessor.
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
- Trump picks fast food executive Andrew Puzder for Labor
WASHINGTON (AP) — President-elect Donald Trump plans to add another wealthy business person and elite donor to his Cabinet, saying he would nominate fast-food executive Andrew Puzder as labor secretary.
- US Supreme Court lets Alabama execution go ahead
ATMORE, Ala. (AP) — The U.S. Supreme Court late Thursday said Alabama could execute an inmate convicted of killing a convenience store clerk, a decision handed down after a whirlwind of legal fillings and two court-ordered delays.
- Full circle: RG3 back as Browns starting quarterback
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Three months later, Robert Griffin III is starting anew with the Browns.
- Police investigating racist graffiti in Giants player's home
MOONACHIE, N.J. (AP) — Police are investigating a break-in and the scrawling of racist graffiti at the New Jersey home of a New York Giants player.
- Jackson, Watson divvy up wins at College Football Awards
ATLANTA (AP) — Lamar Jackson picked up another trophy for his marvelous season.
- Chris Petersen the playoff rookie among final four coaches
ATLANTA (AP) — Chris Petersen chatted up Nick Saban while they waited to pose with the championship trophy, looking for any bit of insight that might help the College Football Playoff's rookie coach.
- Oklahoma's Westbrook takes small-town skills to big stage
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — Dede Westbrook looked like a contortionist at the end his 29-yard touchdown grab against Baylor.