- Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack at Planned Parenthood
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — A gunman who opened fire inside a Planned Parenthood clinic was arrested Friday after engaging in gun battles with authorities during an hourslong standoff that killed three people and wounded nine others, officials said.
- The Latest: Official says gunman ID'd as Robert Lewis Dear
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — The latest on the shooting at Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado. (All times local):
- The Latest: Francis visits Anglican shrine outside Kampala
KAMPALA, Uganda (AP) — The latest on Pope Francis' first trip to Africa. (All times local.)
- Use of banned pesticide not isolated event in US territories
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — Nine months after a vacationing family nearly died from exposure to methyl bromide on the island of St. John, authorities have come to at least one troubling conclusion: The use of the banned pesticide was not an isolated event in U.S. Caribbean territories.
- Protest over Chicago teen's shooting ties up retail district
CHICAGO (AP) — Hundreds of protesters blocked store entrances and shut down traffic in Chicago's ritziest shopping district on Black Friday to draw attention to the 2014 police killing of a black teenager who was shot 16 times by a white officer.
- Boykin, No. 15 TCU beat No. 7 Baylor 28-21 in double OT
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Trevone Boykin threw an 8-yard touchdown pass to KaVontae Turpin in the second overtime and No. 15 TCU beat No. 7 Baylor 28-21 on a rainy Friday night, knocking the Bears out of contention for their third straight Big 12 title.
- Curry scores 41 points, Warriors pour in 3s to go 17-0
PHOENIX (AP) — The Golden State Warriors rained 3s in the desert and pushed their NBA-record start to 17-0.
- Police: Puig gets swollen eye during encounter with bouncer
MIAMI (AP) — Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig sustained a swollen eye and facial bruises during a fight with a bouncer.
- PLAYOFF PULSE: Like it or not, Iowa 1 win away from playoff
Iowa is a victory away from the College Football Playoff.
- No. 3 Hawkeyes go to 12-0 with 28-20 victory over Nebraska
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Iowa certainly didn't change the minds of critics who say the Hawkeyes don't look the part of a national championship contender.