- Trump strains to unite GOP behind him; Ryan says no, for now
NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump is struggling in his efforts to unify the Republican Party behind his presidential campaign, the difficulty immediately underscored Thursday by a startling exchange of negative comments with GOP House Speaker Paul Ryan who said he was not ready to support him.
- AP Source: Clinton aide interviewed in email investigation
WASHINGTON (AP) — The FBI has interviewed Huma Abedin, a close aide to Hillary Clinton, as part of a federal investigation into Clinton's use of a private email server as secretary of state, a person familiar with the probe said Thursday.
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
- Los Angeles man guilty in 10 'Grim Sleeper' serial killings
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A former Los Angeles trash collector was convicted Thursday of 10 counts of murder in the "Grim Sleeper" serial killings that targeted poor, young black women over two decades.
- Iraq routed IS from Ramadi at a high cost: A city destroyed
RAMADI, Iraq (AP) — This is what victory looks like in the Iraqi city of Ramadi: In the once thriving Haji Ziad Square, not a single structure still stands. Turning in every direction yields a picture of devastation.
- Padres' Colin Rea has no-hitter against Mets through 6
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Colin Rea of the San Diego Padres is pitching a no-hitter through six innings against the New York Mets.
- Insurer says child told Paterno in '76 Sandusky molested him
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — A judge said that insurers in litigation with Penn State claim a boy told football coach Joe Paterno in 1976 that he had been molested by Jerry Sandusky, Pennlive.com reported Thursday.
- Carroll scores 21, Raptors beat Heat in OT to tie series
TORONTO (AP) — DeMarre Carroll scored 21 points, Jonas Valanciunas had 15 points and 12 rebounds, and the Toronto Raptors beat the Miami Heat 96-92 in overtime on Thursday night to even the Eastern Conference semifinals at one game apiece.
- Manziel silent outside court after hearing in domestic case
DALLAS (AP) — Johnny Manziel waded through a crowd of reporters after his first court appearance in a domestic violence case Thursday, ignoring questions and even an autograph request.
- Beast Mode goes silent as Seattle puts Lynch on retired list
RENTON, Wash. (AP) — Beast Mode is in retirement mode.