- 1 dead, over 100 hurt in train crash at New Jersey station
HOBOKEN, N.J. (AP) — A rush hour commuter train crashed through a barrier at the busy Hoboken station and lurched across the waiting area Thursday morning, killing one person and injuring more than 100 others in a grisly wreck that renewed questions about whether long-delayed automated safety technology could have prevented tragedy.
- NJ train crash raises many familiar safety issues
WASHINGTON (AP) — The investigation into a New Jersey commuter train that hurtled into a station building Thursday raises many familiar issues from other crashes, including whether the tragedy could have been prevented or mitigated if a key safety technology had been in place.
- Dismissing risks, Trump goes all-in on Bill Clinton's past
NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump says he took the moral high ground at the first presidential debate by not mentioning the infidelities of former President Bill Clinton. But he hinted at them, talked about them immediately afterward and then sent his campaign's top backers out to do the same.
- Trump goes after Clinton _ Bill Clinton _ in rancorous race
BEDFORD, N.H. (AP) — Donald Trump abruptly resurrected Bill Clinton's impeachment on Thursday, adding the former president's infidelities to the already-rancorous 2016 campaign. Trump warned voters in battleground New Hampshire that a Hillary Clinton victory would bring her husband's sex scandal back to the White House.
- Clinton struggling to win over the young voters she needs
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) — John Morales was interning for Bernie Sanders' campaign when the longshot Democratic candidate's hopes started to fade in the spring. That's when Libertarian Gary Johnson caught his interest.
- David Ortiz given standing ovation in Yankee Stadium finale
NEW YORK (AP) — Boston Red Sox star David Ortiz was given a 30-second standing ovation by fans at Yankee Stadium when he walked to home plate for the first at-bat of his final game in the Bronx.
- Vontaze Burfict active for Bengals' game vs Dolphins
CINCINNATI (AP) — Linebacker Vontaze Burfict was active Thursday night for the Cincinnati Bengals' game against the Miami Dolphins.
- Americans need short memory in the Ryder Cup
CHASKA, Minn. (AP) — The American Ryder Cup team could use what might be Dustin Johnson's greatest asset in golf.
- Willett less than thrilled to be his brother's keeper
CHASKA, Minn. (AP) â We interrupt the all-important preparations for the 41st Ryder Cup to bring you this important public-service message:
- Lady Gaga will perform during Super Bowl halftime show
NEW YORK (AP) — It's official: Lady Gaga will headline the Super Bowl halftime show next year.