- Trump vows continued fight in Afghanistan; reversing stance
WASHINGTON (AP) — Reversing his past calls for a speedy exit, President Donald Trump recommitted the United States to the 16-year-old war in Afghanistan, declaring U.S. troops must "fight to win." He pointedly declined to disclose how many more troops will be dispatched to wage America's longest war.
- Analysis: Trump promises victory, but his plan is murky
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is vowing to win what has seemed to be an unwinnable war.
- Divers search McCain's flooded compartments for 10 sailors
SINGAPORE (AP) — The focus of the search for 10 U.S. sailors missing after a collision between the USS John S. McCain and an oil tanker in Southeast Asian waters shifted Tuesday to the damaged destroyer's flooded compartments.
- Mattis: IS militants caught in Iraq-Syria military vise
BAGHDAD (AP) — Expelled from their main stronghold in northern Iraq, Islamic State militants are now trapped in a military vise that will squeeze them on both sides of the Syria-Iraq border, U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said.
- 4 surviving Barcelona attack suspects appear in court
MADRID (AP) — Four alleged members of a terror cell accused of killing 15 people in attacks in Barcelona and a Spanish resort appeared in court Tuesday, a day after the last missing member of the cell was gunned down by police near Barcelona.
- Beckham Jr. dodges serious injury in Giants' loss to Browns
CLEVELAND (AP) — Odell Beckham Jr. didn't point fingers or make accusations.
- Browns players kneel in prayer during national anthem
CLEVELAND (AP) — Kneeling and bowing their heads, the Cleveland Browns bonded over something bigger than football.
- Top 25 Heat Check: Who is most likely to flop in 2017?
The preseason Top 25 is out and for all those fans feeling good about their team to start the season, there is plenty of history that can spoil the fun.
- Sold out or not, Vegas will party during Mayweather-McGregor
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor may not have sold out yet, but that won't stop Las Vegas from putting on its party hat.
- AP source: NFL, Goodell working on 5-year contract extension
Commissioner Roger Goodell is on track to maintain his prominent place at the table for the next round of collective bargaining between NFL owners and players, a process that's sure to be contentious.