- Obama: Iran vote most important intl. debate since Iraq war
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is casting a looming congressional vote on the Iran nuclear deal as the nation's most consequential foreign policy debate since the authorization of the Iraq war, a now unpopular decision that still reverberates through American politics.
- Experts say pieces of missing Flight 370 may still be afloat
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — If a wing fragment found in the western Indian Ocean turns out to be part of missing Flight 370, experts say, there are probably other pieces of the aircraft that floated off rather than sinking to the bottom of the ocean. Finding them remains the hard part.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Economists dump on Trump boast to bring jobs back from China
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump vows to bring back the millions of American jobs lost to China and other foreign competitors if voters put him in the White House.
- Severe crackdown in China on church crosses draws backlash
LOWER DAFEI VILLAGE, China (AP) — About a dozen Catholics wept and sang hymns outside their church as a man climbed to the top of the building and sliced off its steel cross with a cutting torch. It toppled with a thud.
- Brady testimony in NFL 'Deflategate' released
NEW YORK (AP) — Tom Brady denied under oath to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell that he tampered with footballs before the AFC title game, and investigator Ted Wells said in a transcript that he never warned the New England Patriots quarterback he would be punished if he didn't turn over his cellphone.
- Dombrowski out as Tigers' president, GM; Al Avila takes over
DETROIT (AP) — The end of Dave Dombrowski's tenure in Detroit came suddenly and unexpectedly — like so many of the moves he made to build the Tigers into an American League powerhouse.
- Mayweather announces Sept. 12 fight with Andre Berto
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Floyd Mayweather Jr. will return to the ring for the first time since boxing's richest fight ever, facing Andre Berto on Sept. 12 in what he has said will be his final fight.
- AP NewsBreak: Miami lineman speaks of his heatstroke ordeal
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — Hunter Knighton once went a week without sleeping, afraid to close his eyes because the nightmares were inevitable. Panic attacks were common. Memories were hazy. Breathing was a struggle.
- Blue Jays' Aaron Sanchez suspended 3 games, John Gibbons 1
TORONTO (AP) — Toronto pitcher Aaron Sanchez was suspended for three games and manager John Gibbons for one for their roles in Sunday's brawling game between the Blue Jays and Kansas City Royals.