- Cruz, Trump trade insults to the end as Indiana votes
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Assailing each other with no letup, Republican front-runner Donald Trump and challenger Ted Cruz traded insults, charges and more Tuesday as Indiana voters went to the polls in what could be an all-but-decisive presidential primary election.
- US combat death in Iraq reflects intensifying war
STUTTGART, Germany (AP) — The combat death Tuesday of a U.S Navy SEAL who was advising Kurdish forces in Iraq coincides with a gradually deepening American role in fighting a resilient Islamic State, even as the Iraqis struggle to muster the military and political strength to defeat the militants.
- Northern Syrian city of Aleppo dragged deeper into violence
BEIRUT (AP) — A maternity hospital in a government-held section of Aleppo was struck by rocket fire Tuesday as battles killed 20 people and dragged the contested city in northern Syria deeper into chaos for a 12th straight day.
- Police begin wider body camera use after months of testing
BOSTON (AP) — After months of testing, many of the nation's big-city police forces are planning to expand their use of body cameras by the summer, but the number of officers with such gear will still be relatively small, an Associated Press review found.
- AP Exclusive: Dozens escaped from mental hospital since 2013
LAKEWOOD, Wash. (AP) — When a man accused of torturing a woman to death broke out of Washington state's largest mental hospital with another patient in early April, officials called it a rare occurrence and cited only two other escapes in the past seven years.
- NBA: 5 incorrect non-calls at end of Spurs-Thunder game
NEW YORK (AP) — The NBA said Tuesday there were five incorrect non-calls on the wild final sequence in San Antonio, including a foul on Oklahoma City's Dion Waiters that referees earlier had already acknowledged they missed.
- Red Sox 3B Pablo Sandoval has season-ending shoulder surgery
CHICAGO (AP) — Pablo Sandoval will miss the rest of the season.
- Dreams can come true: Leicester wins English soccer title
LONDON (AP) — Leicester City players crowded around a television inside the house of teammate Jamie Vardy, locked arm in arm, watching the action 100 miles away. And when the final whistle blew at Stamford Bridge, they raised their arms in triumph. One of the greatest sporting achievements in English history was complete.
- Phelps skipping Atlanta meet while awaiting birth of child
ATLANTA (AP) — Awaiting the birth of his first child, Michael Phelps has decided to skip an Olympic prep meet in Atlanta next week.
- Atletico Madrid reaches Champions League final on away goals
MUNICH (AP) — Antoine Griezmann scored to send Atletico Madrid to the Champions League final for the second time in three years despite a 2-1 defeat at Bayern Munich on Tuesday.