- Trump in Washington: Is this a campaign or hotel promotion?
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump's campaign is defending his eyebrow-raising decision to spend precious campaign time promoting his business in the final days of the long presidential campaign as his poll numbers sink.
- Republicans contend with Trump factor among Hispanic voters
HIALEAH, Fla. (AP) — Berta Delgado told the Spanish-speaking conservative activists at her door that she is "100 por ciento" Republican, and agreed with their assessment that Democratic Senate candidate Patrick Murphy is too liberal. She said she'd vote for Sen. Marco Rubio.
- Iraqi forces evacuate 1,000 civilians from Mosul front lines
KHAZER, Iraq (AP) — Iraqi special forces have moved more than 1,000 people out of villages near the front lines of the battle to retake the Islamic State-held city of Mosul and surrounding areas, where the U.N. says militants have committed a number of abuses in recent days, officials said Wednesday.
- French authorities declare the Calais migrant camp empty
CALAIS, France (AP) — French authorities declared the Calais migrant camp known as "the jungle" empty on Wednesday, after fires set by departing migrants accelerated plans to evacuate the burgeoning slum.
- Syria airstrikes kill 22, mostly children, outside school
BEIRUT (AP) — Airstrikes in Syria killed up to 22 people, mostly children, on Wednesday when warplanes struck a residential area housing a school complex in the northern rebel-held province of Idlib, activists and rescue workers said.
- Kluber, Perez, Indians beat Cubs 6-0 in World Series opener
CLEVELAND (AP) — Corey Kluber and the Cleveland Indians are off to a pitch-perfect start in the World Series.
- What to watch for in Game 2 of the World Series
What to watch for tonight in Game 2 of the World Series:
- World Series Game 2 start moved up an hour, rain in forecast
CLEVELAND (AP) — Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon was making a move on the mound during the World Series opener when first baseman Anthony Rizzo pointed out another change.
- Leonard, Spurs spoil Durant's Warriors debut with blowout
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Kawhi Leonard and the San Antonio Spurs put on such a basketball show they sent the loyal Golden State fans to a rare early exit. What a strange sight at Oracle Arena for opening night and Kevin Durant's long-awaited Warriors debut.
- Bling and baseball: Cleveland at center of sports storm
CLEVELAND (AP) — Blinking back tears, LeBron James extended his right ring finger, the one sparkling with 400 diamonds, and touched the championship banner.