- In climate bid, Obama stares down melting Alaska glacier
SEWARD, Alaska (AP) — President Barack Obama stared down a melting glacier in Alaska on Tuesday in a dramatic use of his presidential pulpit to sound the alarm on climate change.
- The Latest on Thailand: Bomb fingerprints match suspect's
BANGKOK (AP) — The latest on Thailand's bomb investigation (all times local):
- Hungary railway station remains closed to migrants
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — Thousands of migrants remain stranded at Budapest's main international railway station as Hungarian authorities are sticking to European Union rules and preventing them from leaving for Germany and other countries west.
- Police in Illinois hunt for 3 suspects after officer killed
FOX LAKE, Ill. (AP) — Police in helicopters, with dogs and armed with rifles conducted a massive manhunt in northern Illinois into Tuesday night after an officer was fatally shot while pursuing a group of men.
- AP Exclusive: Records show university's response to Holmes
DENVER (AP) — More than a month before James Holmes' rampage on a Colorado movie theater, the head of his neuroscience graduate program called a campus police officer with alarming information: Holmes had told his psychiatrist that he wanted to kill people to make up for his failure in science.
NEW YORK (AP) — Nick Kyrgios does what he wants and says what he wants on a tennis court, seemingly no matter the ramifications, and amid all the near-napping, cursing and racket smashing, he troubled Andy Murray for moments at the U.S. Open.
- Latest on US Open: Petra Kvitova wins easily in 1st round
NEW YORK (AP) — The latest on the U.S. Open (all times local):
- Los Angeles back from dead as US candidate for 2024 Olympics
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles is the official U.S. nominee for the 2024 Olympic games — a dramatic turnaround for a city that just two months ago was considered out of the running.
- 'Concussion' director says no compromises were made for NFL
NEW YORK (AP) — A day after its trailer debuted online and months before it hits theaters, the Will Smith football head-trauma film "Concussion" is already sparking controversy.
- '84 Olympics were shining moment for Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles has a grand idea of how to celebrate the 40th anniversary of its successful role as host of the 1984 Olympics. Do it again.