- Gunman's hashtag hinted at Texas plot
PHOENIX (AP) — About 20 minutes before the shooting at a Texas cartoon contest that featured images of the Prophet Muhammad, a final tweet posted on an account linked to one of the gunmen said: "May Allah accept us as mujahideen," or holy warriors.
- Analysis: Despite Saudi strikes, Yemen rebels remain dug in
SANAA, Yemen (AP) — More than a month of relentless airstrikes by a coalition led by Saudi Arabia has inflicted painful damage on Shiite rebels in Yemen, but they show little sign of collapse.
- Kerry trip to Djibouti highlights importance of small nation
DJIBOUTI (AP) — A sleepy coastal nation in the Horn of Africa, Djibouti was the last French colony to achieve independence. Today, nearly four decades later, the mainly Sunni nation has become a critical part of U.S. foreign policy.
- Latest GOP campaigns for White House star Hillary Clinton
HOPE, Arkansas (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton starred in two presidential campaign launches this week. Neither was her own.
- Nepal's earthquake highlights village exodus of the young
KHADKA TOLE, Nepal (AP) — Gone, the girl says as she squints into the sun, the air around her shimmering with wind-blown wheat chaff. She points to one house after another nestled in the green hills, most shattered from the massive earthquake that hit Nepal last month.
- Conley comes back, leads Grizzlies past Warriors 97-90
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The masked man came to the rescue for the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Backlund's OT goal lifts Flames over Ducks 4-3
CALGARY, Alberta (AP) — Mikael Backlund didn't need to see the biggest goal of his NHL career go in.
- With Wall out, Hawks beat Wizards 106-90 to even series 1-1
ATLANTA (AP) — Shortly before tipoff, the Atlanta Hawks learned that John Wall wouldn't be playing for the Washington Wizards in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
- Kane, Crawford carry Blackhawks past Wild 1-0 for 3-0 lead
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Patrick Kane has been playing like he never left. Corey Crawford has resolutely rebounded from being benched.
- LEADING OFF: Royals get Holland back, Scherzer seeking help
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues today: