- 5 dead, at least 2 missing after floods in Texas, Kansas
HOUSTON (AP) — Central Texas authorities spotted a body during an aerial search Sunday, bringing the death toll from flooding the state to five.
- Trump's movement campaign likely to turn on the margins
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Donald Trump calls his presidential campaign a mass movement, but he must show he can coax enough support from voters who twice delivered the White House to Barack Obama.
- More than 700 feared dead in recent Mediterranean crossings
POZZALLO, Sicily (AP) — Survivor accounts have pushed to more than 700 the number of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean Sea shipwrecks over three days in the past week, even as rescue ships saved thousands of others in daring operations.
- Syria's cease-fire strengthens al-Qaida branch
BEIRUT (AP) — Al-Qaida's branch in Syria has recruited thousands of fighters, including teenagers, and taken territory from government forces in a successful offensive in the north, illustrating how the cease-fire put in place by Russia and the United States to weaken the militants has in many ways backfired.
- Storm safe rooms as a wedding gift? Sure, in Tornado Alley
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Never mind toasters, blenders and slow cookers. Joplin, Missouri, tornado survivors Kayla and Ricky Smith had a more practical request for a wedding gift — shelter from the next big storm.
- Party Around the World: Great sports, great spots to party
From the breathtaking view at a ski station in the French Alps to a horse race that "stops the nation" Down Under to the wackiest golf hole in the Arizona desert — make that the entire planet — sports fans will find the party.
- Alexander Rossi pulls off stunning upset in 100th Indy 500
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — An unfamiliar driver, an American no less, ushered in a new era at Indianapolis Motor Speedway by outlasting his faster rivals — and his fuel tank.
- 'You belong': Shelby Rogers of US in 1st Slam QF in Paris
PARIS (AP) — When Shelby Rogers finished last season at No. 146, she set a rather modest goal for 2016: boosting her ranking enough to gain direct entry into Grand Slam tournaments so she wouldn't need to go through qualifying rounds.
- The Latest: Williams-Williams, Hingis-Mirza lose in doubles
PARIS (AP) — The Latest on the French Open (all times local):
- The newest face of US water polo didn't come from California
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. (AP) — Donna Johnson just wanted her five children to be safe around the pool at her Miami home. That was it, really, the first step in Ashleigh Johnson's path from prodigy to USA water polo.