- Frantic rescue underway in Indonesia as quake kills scores
MEUREUDU, Indonesia (AP) — A strong earthquake rocked Indonesia's Aceh province early Wednesday, killing nearly 100 people and sparking a frantic rescue effort in the rubble of dozens of collapsed and damaged buildings.
- The Latest: Syrian rebels in Aleppo propose 5-day cease-fire
BEIRUT (AP) — The Latest on the conflict in Syria (all times local):
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Trump promises to heal divisions, plans visit to Ohio State
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — President-elect Donald Trump promised to "heal our divisions and unify our country" as he prepares to meet with some of the victims of last week's car-and-knife attack at Ohio State University.
- Survivor recalls fear, anger on day of Pearl Harbor attack
PEARL HARBOR, Hawaii (AP) — Surprise, fear, anger and pride overcame Jim Downing as Japanese planes bombed Pearl Harbor.
- Red Sox get ace Chris Sale from White Sox for hefty package
OXON HILL, Md. (AP) — No surprise that Chris Sale got traded, it was time to go. The real shocker? That the Boston Red Sox swooped in to snag him.
- Friends remember Rashaan Salaam as more than a football star
Friends, ex-teammates and former coaches remembered 1994 Heisman Trophy winner Rashaan Salaam as much more than a football star upon hearing of his death in a park not far from the University of Colorado, where he stamped his name as one of the greatest players in the program's history.
- LEADING OFF: What to watch at the baseball winter meetings
A look at what's happening today at the baseball winter meetings in Oxon Hill, Maryland:
- Rhule facing big task as Baylor's coach after Temple success
Matt Rhule is taking on a Texas-sized challenge at Baylor after leading Temple to unprecedented success.
- No. 5 Duke beats No. 21 Florida 84-74 in Jimmy V Classic
NEW YORK (AP) — Almost everybody in Madison Square Garden was impressed with the game Amile Jefferson had for No. 5 Duke.