- Strong aftershocks rattle devastated Italian earthquake zone
AMATRICE, Italy (AP) — Strong aftershocks rattled residents and rescue crews alike Friday as hopes began to dim that firefighters would find any more survivors from Italy's earthquake. The first funerals were scheduled for some of the 267 dead.
- Trump immigration waffle reflects voter confusion on issue
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — Dean Green supports Donald Trump partly because of the GOP presidential nominee's tough, deport-them-all stance on illegal immigration. But the 57-year-old Republican paused as he complained about U.S. immigration policy and acknowledged that deporting all 11 million people in the U.S. illegally would separate families.
- Rebels, civilians to evacuate long-besieged Damascus suburb
DARAYA, Syria (AP) — Buses, ambulances and trucks lined up at the entrance of a blockaded Damascus suburb on Friday to evacuate rebels and civilians under a deal struck between the Syrian opposition forces and the government.
- UN official: For Afghan women 'glass is half full'
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — As the United States prepared to invade Taliban-ruled Afghanistan 15 years ago, then-First Lady Laura Bush took over her husband's weekly radio address to tell the American people that part of the reason for going to war after the attacks of September 11, 2001, was to liberate Afghan women from the brutality that had been forced on them by the extremists' regime.
- Senegal clamps down on Quranic schools that exploit children
DAKAR, Senegal (AP) — Twelve-year-old Boubacar was picked up from the streets of Senegal's capital at night by police, along with dozens of other children, in the latest crackdown on begging.
- Moore loses no-hitter with 2 outs in 9th, Giants top Dodgers
LOS ANGELES (AP) — After losing his no-hit bid with one out to go, Matt Moore just smiled.
- US swimmer Lochte's legal troubles mount in Brazil
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Brazilian police charged American swimmer Ryan Lochte on Thursday with filing a false robbery report over an incident during the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Romo gives Cowboys scare as Seattle rolls past Dallas 27-17
SEATTLE (AP) — Three plays were all it took for Dallas to get yet another injury scare surrounding Tony Romo.
- Ryder Cup comes into view at FedEx Cup
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. (AP) — The FedEx Cup is all about the $10 million bonus at the end of the four playoff events.
- Harrison, Matthews, Peppers talk PEDs with NFL investigators
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison and Green Bay Packers defensive players Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers met this week with NFL investigators looking into allegations linking them to performance-enhancing drugs, the players' union said Thursday.