- Hungary bus fleet delivers 4,000 migrants to Austria welcome
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — Thousands of exhausted, elated migrants reached their dream destinations of Germany and Austria on Saturday, completing epic journeys by boat, bus, train and foot to escape war and poverty.
- The Latest: Germany probe of Facebook post on drowned boy
The latest news as tens of thousands of migrants pour into countries across Europe. All times local (CET):
- Canada less welcoming to refugees under Harper's leadership
TORONTO (AP) — Canada has long prided itself for opening its doors wider than any nation to asylum seekers, but the number it welcomes has waned since Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper took power almost 10 years ago.
- Drowned Syrian boys' aunt fights to bring family to Canada
COQUITLAM, British Columbia (AP) — The aunt of a drowned Syrian boy whose death has sparked global outrage about the plight of refugees in Europe says she still hopes to bring the rest of her family to Canada.
- Jailed clerk vows not to back down, no resolution in sight
GRAYSON, Ky. (AP) — Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis will spend Labor Day weekend in isolation at the Carter County Detention Center with her Bible and her clear conscience.
- Nadal blows 2-set Slam lead for 1st time, loses to Fognini
NEW YORK (AP) — For the first time in his career, Rafael Nadal lost a Grand Slam match after taking a two-set lead.
- What to watch on college football's kickoff weekend
With appetizers out of the way, it's time to move on to the main course on this first weekend of college football.
- Serena Williams' comeback extends Grand Slam try at US Open
NEW YORK (AP) — Even if her latest troublesome first set had finished only an hour earlier, it seemed a distant memory by the time Serena Williams smacked a cross-court forehand passing winner on the run and wound up doing the splits behind the baseline.
- Tom Brady posts statement on Facebook
Tom Brady posted a statement on Facebook on Friday night, a day after U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman vacated the New England quarterback's four-game suspension in the "Deflategate" scandal.
- Untested so far at US Open, Federer faces Kohlschreiber
NEW YORK (AP) — Roger Federer has gotten in some practice during his matches so far at the U.S. Open.