- Quake-aid need acute in Nepal capital, more so in villages
KATHMANDU, Nepal (AP) — Shelter, fuel, food, medicine, power, news, workers — Nepal's earthquake-hit capital was short on everything Monday as its people searched for lost loved ones, sorted through rubble for their belongings and struggled to provide for their families' needs. In much of the countryside, it was worse, though how much worse was only beginning to become apparent.
- Tuesday's the day: Gay marriage arguments at Supreme Court
WASHINGTON (AP) — Tuesday is a potential watershed moment for America's gay and lesbian couples. After rapid changes that have made same-sex marriage legal in all but 14 states, the Supreme Court will hear arguments over whether it should be the law of the land.
- Kerry, Zarif set for nuke talks in NY as Senate weighs move
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration moved on two fronts Monday to advance its nuclear diplomacy with Iran, with talks between top U.S. and Iranian diplomats and an aggressive effort to sell the emerging deal to skeptical American lawmakers and constituencies.
- Jury instructions begin in trial of Colorado theater shooter
CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) — Colorado theater shooter James Holmes appeared calm as his judge instructed jurors Monday at the opening of a trial to determine if he'll be executed, spend his life in prison, or be committed to an institution as criminally insane.
- The Latest: Judge instructs jury in Colorado shooting trial
12:20 p.m. (MDT)
- Cavaliers move on, maybe without Love and Smith
CLEVELAND (AP) — The Cavaliers are bruised, not beaten or broken. Their playoff run ambles on amid uncertainty and a heaping dose of anxiety.
- Redskins to pick up 5th-year option on Robert Griffin III
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) — Despite Robert Griffin III's history of injuries and moves in and out of the lineup, the Washington Redskins plan to exercise the quarterback's fifth-year contract option for the 2016 season.
- Grizzlies, Bulls wary even with big leads in playoffs
The Grizzlies and Bulls head into their games Monday night in complete control of their respective series, needing just one more victory to advance to the next round.
- Capitals-Islanders Game 7 stirs 'Epic' memories
There's only been one Game 7 between the Capitals and Islanders, but it has stood the test of time — lots and lots and lots of time — as one of the great games in postseason annals.
- Vegas sets up 'concentric' security for upcoming megafight
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather hadn't even decided how much it would cost home viewers to watch their fight when the head of the Nevada Athletic Commission started planning security for their big bout.