- Clinton says veep pick Kaine is everything GOP ticket isn't
MIAMI (AP) — Hillary Clinton debuted running mate Sen. Tim Kaine on Saturday as a can-do progressive committed to social justice and equality — "everything Donald Trump and Mike Pence are not" — at a boisterous rally ahead of next week's Democratic National Convention.
- The Latest: Democrats reach a compromise on superdelegates
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the 2016 presidential campaign (all times EDT):
- How Hillary Clinton chose Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine as her VP
MIAMI (AP) — Hillary Clinton's search for a vice president started with a commanding victory in the New York primary and a special delivery in a plastic Duane Reade bag. Three months later, it ended with a phone call to a shipyard office, where Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine was waiting.
- DNC rules meeting agrees to a compromise on superdelegates
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The role of superdelegates could be significantly reduced in future Democratic presidential primaries under a compromise deal struck at the Democratic National Convention rules committee Saturday.
- Police: Munich suspect was obsessed with mass shootings
MUNICH (AP) — The gunman whose rampage at a Munich mall left nine people dead was a depression-plagued teenager who avidly read books and articles about mass killings and apparently tried to lure young victims to their deaths through a faked Facebook posting, authorities said Saturday.
- White Sox ace Chris Sale scratched for 'clubhouse incident'
CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago White Sox ace Chris Sale was scratched from his start against the Detroit Tigers on Saturday night after he was involved in what the team said was a "non-physical clubhouse incident."
- Decision time: IOC poised to rule on Russia's status for Rio
LONDON (AP) — As the clock ticks down to the opening ceremony in Rio de Janeiro, international Olympic leaders are facing a seminal moment.
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at Athletes Village
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Ready or not, the Rio Olympics are opening their doors.
- A relieved Froome heads to Paris to secure 3rd Tour title
MORZINE, France (AP) — After two crashes, a bloodied knee and even a run up legendary Mont Ventoux, a relieved Chris Froome can cruise into Paris on Sunday and secure his third Tour de France title in four years.
- Closing in on 3,000 hits, Suzuki is on the upswing at age 42
MIAMI (AP) — Closing in on 3,000 hits, Ichiro Suzuki isn't inclined to stop there. He's 42, and for some time has said — in Japanese and English — he wants to play until at least 50.