- Stymied? Republicans seek immigration response
WASHINGTON (AP) — United against President Barack Obama but uncertain how to stop him, outraged Republicans struggled for a response on immigration Friday that would check the president without veering into talk of impeachment or a government shutdown. Their remedy was far from clear.
- With snow still piled high, Buffalo faces flooding
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Residents of western New York may soon have to worry about the water in their basements as well as the snow on their roofs.
- More Cosby shows canceled as women allege rape
MELBOURNE, Fla. (AP) — As Bill Cosby's standup tour crumbled with shows canceled in six states, the embattled entertainer received standing ovations from a sold-out crowd when he took the stage and when he left it Friday in Florida.
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
The sexual assault allegations that recently resurfaced against Bill Cosby first became public in 2005 when a former employee of his alma mater, Temple University, claimed he had drugged and abused her a year earlier at his suburban Philadelphia home. Here's how the controversy over the allegations, some dating to the 1960s, has unfolded since then:
- Marine with robotic leg braces gets Bronze Star
SAN DIEGO (AP) — A Marine who was left paralyzed by a sniper's bullet in Afghanistan fulfilled a promise to himself on Friday and walked using robotic leg braces in a ceremony at Camp Pendleton, where he was awarded a Bronze Star.
- Bills plan to return home after game in Detroit
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — Bills President Russ Brandon says the team is planning to return to Buffalo after Monday night's game in Detroit against the New York Jets.
- NFL will hear Adrian Peterson's appeal Dec. 2
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Adrian Peterson's hearing for the appeal of his suspension will be held on Dec. 2. And it will not be in front of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.
- S'No problem: Bills fan to keep game streak alive
Mother Nature isn't going to throw a wrench into Ken Johnson's 21-year streak of attending every Buffalo Bills game — no matter where they play.
- Column: NFL should realign after NFC South debacle
ATLANTA (AP) — The Atlanta Falcons won't apologize for somehow being in first place with a losing record.
- Mike Schmidt: Marlins' Stanton too rich too early?
In the 1970s and again in '80s, I signed that era's version of the Giancarlo Stanton deal.