- Suspect in custody after shooting at Planned Parenthood
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — A gunman burst into a Planned Parenthood clinic and opened fire, launching several gunbattles and an hourslong standoff with police as patients and staff took cover under furniture and inside locked rooms. By the time the shooter surrendered, three people were killed — including a police officer — and nine others were wounded, authorities said.
- Pope to visit Central African Republic's divided capital
BANGUI, Central African Republic (AP) — Georgette Dossio mourns a son whose body she can never bury. Sitting on the dirt under a tent of scrap wood and tarp, she is comforted by her neighbors at the airport displaced-persons camp where she has lived for nearly two years.
- Hamstrung by Congress, Obama tries to clinch climate pact
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is trying to negotiate a legacy-making climate change pact this coming week in Paris with one hand tied behind his back. Congress can't even agree whether global warming is real.
- Pope honors Ugandan Christian martyrs as example of faith
NAMUGONGO, Uganda (AP) — Pope Francis on Saturday honored Uganda's 19th century Christian martyrs and encouraged its 21st century Christian youths during a day that saw nearly a half-million Ugandans turn out to see the pontiff before he heads to Central African Republic for the final leg of his African journey.
- GOP rhetoric on Muslims seen as having little cost
Some leading Republican presidential candidates seem to view Muslims as fair game for increasingly harsh words they might use with more caution against any other group for fear of the political cost. So far, that strategy is winning support from conservatives influential in picking the nominee.
- Boykin, No. 15 TCU beat No. 7 Baylor 28-21 in double OT
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Trevone Boykin had quite a closing act in his final home game for No. 15 TCU.
- Police: Puig gets swollen eye during encounter with bouncer
MIAMI (AP) — Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig sustained a swollen eye and facial bruises during a fight with a bouncer.
- Curry scores 41 points, Warriors pour in 3s to go 17-0
PHOENIX (AP) — The Golden State Warriors rained 3s in the desert and pushed their NBA-record start to 17-0.
- PLAYOFF PULSE: Like it or not, Iowa 1 win away from playoff
Iowa is a victory away from the College Football Playoff.
- No. 3 Hawkeyes go to 12-0 with 28-20 victory over Nebraska
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Iowa certainly didn't change the minds of critics who say the Hawkeyes don't look the part of a national championship contender.