- Trump, in flap with civil rights icon, meets with MLK's son
NEW YORK (AP) — Days before taking office, President-elect Donald Trump attempted to navigate the fallout of his flap with a civil rights leader and colleague of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. while also losing a member of his incoming administration to accusations of plagiarism.
- King Day highlights transition from Obama to Trump
ATLANTA (AP) — As Americans celebrate the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr., civil rights leaders and activists are trying to reconcile the transition from the nation's first black president to a president-elect still struggling to connect with most non-white voters.
- Reports: Istanbul nightclub attacker who killed 39 captured
ISTANBUL (AP) — A gunman suspected of killing 39 people during a New Year's attack on an Istanbul nightclub has been caught in a police operation, Turkish media reports said early Tuesday.
- Gene Cernan, last astronaut to walk on the moon, dies at 82
HOUSTON (AP) — Former astronaut Gene Cernan, who as the last person to walk on the moon returned to Earth with a message of "peace and hope for all mankind," died on Monday, his family said. He was 82.
- Officials: FBI arrests widow of Orlando nightclub shooter
WASHINGTON (AP) — The wife of the Orlando nightclub shooter, who was extensively questioned by federal agents in the days after the massacre, has been arrested by the FBI in connection with the attack, authorities said Monday.
- Curry, Warriors ready for another Cavs rematch
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — When the Warriors traveled to Cleveland last January after winning the 2015 NBA title by beating the Cavs, Stephen Curry had so many fond memories there he mentioned the chance of champagne smells still lingering in the visiting locker room all those months later.
- Falcons: Julio Jones will be ready to go in NFC championship
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — Don't fret, Atlanta Falcons fans.
- Villanova back to No. 1 in AP poll, leapfrogging Kansas
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Villanova coach Jay Wright likes this vantage point just fine.
- Steelers downplay Tomlin's description of Patriots
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Antonio Brown wanted to let the world in on the party when he live streamed the giddy celebration in the Pittsburgh Steelers' locker room after an 18-16 playoff win over Kansas City.
- AP Analysis: A-Rod's biggest call in weekend full of them
Aaron Rodgers doesn't just make the big throws, he designs them.