- Trump: I'm not considering firing special counsel Mueller
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Sunday that he is not considering firing special counsel Robert Mueller even as his administration was again forced to grapple with the growing Russia probe that has shadowed the White House for much of his initial year in office.
- McCain returning home to Arizona, will likely miss tax vote
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican Sen. John McCain is returning home to Arizona after being hospitalized for the side effects of his brain cancer treatment and likely will miss a crucial vote on the GOP tax package, President Donald Trump said Sunday.
- Sudden power outage creates 'nightmare' at Atlanta airport
ATLANTA (AP) — A sudden power outage brought the world's busiest airport to a standstill Sunday, grounding more than 1,000 flights in Atlanta just days before the start of the Christmas travel rush. Hours after the blackout began, authorities announced that electricity would be restored at the Hartfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport by midnight.
- Flames threaten coastal communities as firefighters mourn
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Thousands of firefighters tried Sunday to shield coastal communities from one of the biggest wildfires in California history while a funeral procession rolled past burn-scarred hillsides in honor of one of their colleagues who was killed battling the flames.
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump and the mirage of overseas profits
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump speaks often of a pile of money sitting overseas that will come rushing back into the U.S. once his tax plan is in place. That's something of a mirage.
- Panthers owner Richardson selling NFL team
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Carolina Panthers have announced that owner Jerry Richardson is selling the NFL franchise amid an investigation by the league into allegations of sexual and racist misconduct by Richardson in the workplace.
- Patriots rally behind Gronkowski, edge Steelers 27-24
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski did it to the Pittsburgh Steelers again.
- Jimmy Time! Garoppolo leads 49ers to third straight win
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Jimmy Garoppolo led one final scoring drive in the closing seconds to cap a fantastic first home start, Robbie Gould kicked a game-winning 45-yard field goal as time expired, and the San Francisco 49ers topped the Tennessee Titans 25-23 on Sunday.
- Jaguars thump Texans 45-7 for 1st playoff berth since 2007
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Khan waited until the final few minutes to start celebrating.
- Foles throws 4 TDs, Eagles get first-round bye
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Nick Foles replaced the injured Carson Wentz, and nothing really changed for the Philadelphia Eagles.