- Road to debate: Trump built image as he built business
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump once claimed to be publicity shy.
- Clinton as communicator, from Wellesley to campaign trail
NEW YORK (AP) — Hillary Clinton has said it herself: She's not the most naturally gifted public communicator.
- Clinton, Trump buff foreign policy bona fides on debate eve
NEW YORK (AP) — Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump were meeting separately with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Sunday, giving the each candidate fresh bragging rights about their knowledge of foreign policy and readiness to lead the nation on the eve of their first presidential debate.
- In battle for Iraq's Mosul, many forces with many motives
BAGHDAD (AP) — An unlikely array of forces is converging on the city of Mosul, lining up for a battle on the historic plains of northern Iraq that is likely to be decisive in the war against the Islamic State group.
- Mall shooting suspect: 'Creepy,' multiple arrests, disputes
OAK HARBOR, Wash. (AP) — The 20-year-old man suspected of killing five people with a rifle at a Macy's makeup counter had a string of run-ins with the law in recent years, including charges he assaulted his stepfather, and was described by a neighbor as so "creepy, rude and obnoxious" that she kept a Taser by her front door.
- LSU fires Miles, Cameron, promotes Orgeron
LSU fired coach Les Miles and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron on Sunday, and promoted defensive line coach Ed Orgeron to interim head coach.
- Miami Marlins ace Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident
MIAMI (AP) — Jose Fernandez escaped from Cuba by boat on his fourth try as a teenager, and when his mother fell into the Yucatan Channel during the journey, he jumped in and pulled her out.
- Marlins players gather at park to grieve death of Fernandez
MIAMI (AP) — The Latest on the boating death of Miami Marlins pitching ace Jose Fernandez (all times local):
- The Latest: Rookie sensation Wentz, Eagles improve to 3-0
The Latest on the third week of the NFL season (all times Eastern):
- Russell Wilson injured in Seattle's 37-18 rout of 49ers
SEATTLE (AP) — Russell Wilson threw for 243 yards and a touchdown before suffering a left knee injury as the Seattle Seahawks rolled to a 37-18 rout of the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday.