- The Latest: FBI probes package bomb blast at FedEx in Texas
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The Latest on serial bombings in Texas (all times local):
- Austin carnage now random; an arrest doesn't appear close
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A package bomb exploded shortly after midnight Tuesday inside a FedEx distribution center in Schertz, Texas, and the FBI and ATF are at the scene, spokeswomen for both agencies told The Washington Post.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Scandal-hit Weinstein Co. files for bankruptcy protection
NEW YORK (AP) — The Weinstein Co. filed for bankruptcy protection on Monday with a buyout offer in hand from a private equity firm, the latest twist in its efforts to survive the sexual misconduct scandal that brought down co-founder Harvey Weinstein, shook Hollywood and triggered a movement that spread out to convulse other industries.
- Senate committee launches effort to prevent election hacking
WASHINGTON (AP) — With the 2018 primary season already underway, leaders of the Senate intelligence committee are launching an effort to protect U.S. elections from a repeat episode of foreign interference.
- Wild night in Miami: Heat top Nuggets 149-141 in 2 OTs
MIAMI (AP) — They broke the stat system. That's how good Miami and Denver were — even modern technology couldn't keep up with the Heat and Nuggets.
- LeBron gets triple-double, Cavs beat Bucks without Lue
CLEVELAND (AP) — LeBron James made certain another news-filled day ended with his own headline.
- Leagues, casinos lobby states for cut of legal sports bets
WASHINGTON (AP) — With the Supreme Court poised to rule on a case that could end the federal ban on sports gambling, more than a third of U.S. states are considering legislation to get in on the action, and professional leagues and casino interests are lobbying against each other for the biggest cut of the winnings.
- Winter storm forces altered travel plans for NCAA Tournament
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — A winter storm expected to hit the Northeast is forcing at least one college basketball team to alter its travel plans for the third round of the NCAA Tournament.
- AP source: MLB hopes for Yanks-Red Sox in London in 2019
NEW YORK (AP) — Major League Baseball is working to finalize a two-game series between the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox at London's Olympic Stadium on June 29-30 in 2019, the sport's first regular-season games in Europe.