- Italy toll rises to 247 as anguish mounts over quake past
AMATRICE, Italy (AP) — Rescue crews raced against time Thursday looking for survivors from the earthquake that leveled three towns in central Italy, but the death toll rose to 247 and Italy once again anguished over trying to secure its medieval communities built on seismic lands.
- Welcome to the Trump-Clinton conspiracy election
LOS ANGELES (AP) — It's a conspiracy: The 2016 campaign features one candidate who warned against the "vast right-wing conspiracy" and another who was a leader of the so-called "birther" movement.
- AP-NORC Poll: Gender matters, but does it hurt or help?
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — There's no "glass ceiling" keeping a woman from the presidential nomination anymore, but most Americans still think Hillary Clinton's gender will influence the November election. They're just divided on whether it's more of a curse than a blessing.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Turkey: US says Syria Kurds are pulling back in north Syria
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) â U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has told his Turkish counterpart that Syrian Kurdish forces have started withdrawing east of the Euphrates River, Turkish officials said Thursday.
- Hope Solo suspended from US soccer team for 6 months
CHICAGO (AP) — U.S. women's goalkeeper Hope Solo was suspended Wednesday for six months by U.S. Soccer for disparaging comments about Sweden following the Americans' early departure from the Rio Olympics.
- Britton's streak ends, but Orioles hold off Nationals in 9th
WASHINGTON (AP) — An attempted comeback forced Baltimore Orioles closer Zach Britton into a game that shouldn't have required him. Not long after, his perfect run ended.
- Ledecky hands medals to Harper, throws out first pitch
WASHINGTON (AP) — One by one, swimmer Katie Ledecky handed her Olympic medals to Bryce Harper. Four gold medals and one silver from the Rio Olympics sat in the hands of the reigning National League MVP.
- Hill solid, Turner homers and Dodgers beat Giants 1-0
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Justin Turner and the Dodgers aren't thinking cruise control just yet.
- Blatter says he will accept verdict as CAS appeal begins
LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) — Former FIFA president Sepp Blatter arrived for his appeal hearing against a six-year ban from football on Thursday, pledging to accept the verdict of the Court of Arbitration for Sport