- Coca-Cola names Quincey as next CEO, Kent stays as chairman
NEW YORK (AP) — Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent will step down from that role next year and be succeeded by the company's No. 2 executive, at a time when people are drinking less sugary soda including its flagship Coke drink.
- Obama orders review of election hacking
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama has ordered intelligence officials to conduct a broad review on the election-season hacking that rattled the presidential campaign and raised new concerns about foreign meddling in U.S. elections, a White House official said Friday.
- McConnell to coal-state Dems: Accept 4-month deal for miners
WASHINGTON (AP) — Coal-state Democrats who are threatening a government shutdown over health benefits for retired miners should "take yes for answer" and stop stalling a short-term spending bill, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Friday.
- South Korean president is impeached in stunning fall
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korean lawmakers on Friday impeached President Park Geun-hye, a stunning and swift fall for the country's first female leader amid protests that drew millions into the streets in united fury.
- Dylann Roof laughed during church slaying confession to FBI
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Dylann Roof hesitated for about 20 seconds when an FBI agent asked him what he was doing on the night nine black church members were killed during Bible study.
- Doping report details 'institutional conspiracy' in Russia
LONDON (AP) — A new report into systematic Russian doping details a wide-ranging "institutional conspiracy" that involved more than 1,000 athletes across more than 30 sports, including evidence corroborating large-scale sample swapping at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
- The Latest: Mutko says Russia will resort to legal action
LONDON (AP) — The Latest on the Russian doping report (all times local):
- Panthers' Kuechly questionable with concussion vs. Chargers
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Panthers coach Ron Rivera says three-time All-Pro middle linebacker Luke Kuechly will play against the San Diego Chargers on Sunday if he's cleared from the NFL's concussion protocol.
- Fowler gets $82.5 million, 5-year deal with Cardinals
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Dexter Fowler is headed from the World Series champions to their biggest rival.
- UEFA not happy about FIFA's proposals on expanded World Cup
NYON, Switzerland (AP) — UEFA is not happy about the way FIFA is pushing through plans to expand the 2026 World Cup.