- Nats stretch streak to 10 with 1-0 win vs. D-Backs
WASHINGTON (AP) — Denard Span and the Washington Nationals ran off with another victory.
- McIlroy stumbles to 74, worst start in 2 months
PARAMUS, N.J. (AP) — Rory McIlroy took a week to celebrate his blockbuster summer and paid for it in The Barclays with his worst start in two months.
- Angels complete sweep with 2-0 win at Boston
BOSTON (AP) — Hours after a devastating blow to the Los Angeles rotation, the Angels were reassured and relieved by rookie starter Matt Shoemaker.
- Source: Wolves get Young as part of Love trade
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Timberwolves have secured the final piece they were looking for in a blockbuster Kevin Love trade.
- No Mo'ne on mound, Philly loses to Chicago in LLWS
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) — Chicago manager Darold Butler has a message for the Windy City.
- Phelps back in international comp, advances in 100
GOLD COAST, Australia (AP) — It was raining, and it was pouring for Michael Phelps' return to international competition. It was anything but boring.
- Dodgers beat Padres 2-1 behind Kershaw's 10 Ks
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The first-place Dodgers have staged plenty of comebacks this season. Just not after seven innings.
- Rays get just 1 hit off Price, beat Tigers 1-0
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — The Tampa Bay Rays overcame a masterful performance by David Price.
- Foles, offense sharp as Eagles beat Steelers
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — This was more like last year's Eagles.
- Manziel, Browns agree he's not ready to start
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — On one knee and far from the action, quarterback Johnny Manziel leaned on his orange helmet and watched.