- NFL approves more international games, some outside England
NEW YORK (AP) — The NFL's appetite for international games is growing.
- FanDuel bans employees from all daily fantasy play for money
NEW YORK (AP) — Daily fantasy sports operator FanDuel said Wednesday it will permanently ban all employees from playing any daily fantasy sports for money and begin an internal probe following reports a DraftKings employee may have had access to unfairly valuable data before winning $350,000 in a FanDuel contest.
- No Ordinary Joe, Cubs' Maddon might be MLB's best skipper
CHICAGO (AP) — Everyone expected some zaniness when Joe Maddon came to town.
- A sad-sack history: The Half-Dozen 'Cubbiest' Moments Ever
Cubs manager Joe Maddon says he doesn't believe in "any of that stuff."
- LSU-South Carolina game moved to Louisiana due to flooding
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina is moving its home game against LSU to Baton Rouge because of massive flooding around the university.
- Colts could be out of Luck on Thursday night
Other than a losing week, nothing bugs Pro Picks more than having no spread on a Thursday night game.
- Clayton Kershaw seeks elusive postseason success for Dodgers
LOS ANGELES (AP) — No one epitomizes the Los Angeles Dodgers' recent playoff failures more than Clayton Kershaw. As brilliant as he's been in his career — winning last year's NL MVP and three Cy Young Awards — the ace has yet to achieve success in the postseason.
- Blatter awaiting fate after ethics committee investigation
LONDON (AP) — Sepp Blatter could be facing a 90-day suspension.
- Ex-teammate: Arrested NBA player was giving cash to homeless
NEW YORK (AP) — A professional basketball player was about to give a handout to a man asking for money when police officers took him to the ground and arrested him, a former teammate testified Wednesday.
- Thunder's Durant ready for 1st game action since February
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — It has been eight months since Kevin Durant played in an NBA game.