- Malaysian premier: plane debris to be sent to France
PARIS (AP) — A sea-crusted wing part washed up on an island in the western Indian Ocean may be the first trace of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 since it vanished nearly a year and a half ago, and a tragic but finally solid clue to one of aviation's most perplexing and expensive mysteries.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Top officials critical of Ohio cop indicted on murder charge
CINCINNATI (AP) — This time, some of the sharpest criticism of a police officer after the slaying of an unarmed black man came from top law enforcement and city officials.
- Afghan Taliban indicate pullout of peace talks in Pakistan
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The Afghan Taliban, who have been fighting to topple the Kabul government for almost 14 years, said on Thursday they are "not aware" of a new round of peace talks due the following day in Pakistan — a statement indicating the group may be pulling out of the negotiations.
- Brady fights on, files lawsuit to stop suspension
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Tom Brady took the fight over his "Deflategate" suspension to social media and federal court Wednesday, and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft backed the three-time Super Bowl MVP, saying "I was wrong to put my faith in the league."
- 'St-riike!' Ex-OF Eric Byrnes calls computer balls, strikes
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (AP) — "St-riike! ... And we're talking outside of outside corners."
- AP Sources: Phillies agree to trade Cole Hamels to Texas
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — After years of trade speculation, Cole Hamels' time in Philadelphia is ending.
- Beijing favorite in IOC vote for 2022 Winter Olympics
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — When it comes to votes on Olympic host cities, geopolitics can play a crucial role in determining the victor.