- Trump, Sanders look to emerge from New Hampshire with wins
MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders hope to emerge from New Hampshire's primary Tuesday with their first wins of the 2016 presidential election, victories that would lend needed credibility to the unexpected contenders' pursuit of their parties' nomination.
- Hong Kong activists, police clash over holiday food stalls
HONG KONG (AP) — Hong Kong's Lunar New Year celebration descended into chaotic scenes as protesters and police, who fired warning shots into the air, clashed over a street market selling fishballs and other local holiday delicacies, with dozens injured and arrested.
- The Latest: German train crash was head-on
BERLIN (AP) — The Latest on a train crash in Germany that has caused deaths and injuries (all times local):
- Iraqi woman charged with role in Kayla Mueller's death
WASHINGTON (AP) — The wife of a senior Islamic State leader who was killed in a U.S. raid last year has been charged in federal court with holding American Kayla Mueller hostage and with contributing to the aid worker's death, the Justice Department says.
- Taiwan seeks detention of developers of toppled building
TAINAN, Taiwan (AP) — Prosecutors have requested the detention of the developers of a high-rise apartment building in southern Taiwan that collapsed over the weekend following a strong earthquake, killing dozens of people, official media said Tuesday.
- Will Osweiler step in as Peyton steps out in Denver?
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — One of the biggest winners from the Super Bowl didn't even take a snap.
- Knicks fire coach Derek Fisher; Rambis gets interim job
GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP) — Derek Fisher had just finished a long playing career when Phil Jackson picked him to coach the New York Knicks. Just 1 1/2 seasons later, Jackson decided he needed someone else.
- James, Irving lead Cavaliers past Kings 120-100
CLEVELAND (AP) — LeBron James came close to his 40th career triple-double several times this season.
- Morris, US youth gain valuable experience before busy year
CARSON, Calif. (AP) — Jordan Morris made his ninth appearance for the United States last Friday, which gave him nine more games for the national team than as a professional.
- No. 1 UConn takes top-ranked showdown with 66-54 win
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — UConn coach Gene Auriemma smiled at his three upperclass starters, savoring the latest virtuoso performance on the big stage by Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck and Moriah Jefferson — and fretting about their departure next season.