- Suicide bombings kill 97 people at Ankara peace rally
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Nearly simultaneous explosions targeted a Turkish peace rally Saturday in Ankara, killing at least 97 people and wounding scores in Turkey's deadliest attack in years — one that threatens to inflame the nation's ethnic tensions.
- Knowing what to do if shooting starts still hazy at colleges
Eight years after the Virginia Tech massacre led to tighter security at colleges across the U.S., some schools make "active shooter" training mandatory for incoming students, while others offer little more than brief online guidance on what to do if there's a gunman on the loose, a review by The Associated Press finds.
- Attorney: Army officer recommends no jail time for Bergdahl
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — An Army officer is recommending that Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl face a lower-level court martial and be spared the possibility of jail time for leaving his post in Afghanistan, his lawyer said Saturday.
- The Latest on the Million Man March anniversary: Farrakhan
WASHINGTON (AP) — The latest from the National Mall as thousands of African-Americans from across the country mark the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March, calling for changes in policing and in black communities. All times are local.
- Palestinians stab Israelis in 2 Jerusalem attacks
JERUSALEM (AP) — Palestinians carried out two stabbing attacks in Jerusalem on Saturday before being shot dead by police, while another two Palestinians were killed during a violent demonstration near the Gaza border fence, as violence continued to spread following a series of attacks against civilians and soldiers in the past week.
- Red River relief for Texas as Longhorns upset No. 10 Sooners
DALLAS (AP) — Tyrone Swoopes threw a touchdown pass and ran for another score as Texas found relief in the Red River rivalry yet again, upsetting No. 10 Oklahoma 24-17 on Saturday.
- No. 1 Ohio State struggles then shakes off Maryland 49-28
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Still unbeaten, still underwhelming. Ohio State didn't do much to quiet the critics who argue it shouldn't be No. 1.
- No. 3 Baylor romps to 66-7 win over Kansas to stay unbeaten
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Seth Russell tossed three touchdown passes, Shock Linwood ran for 135 yards and a score, and third-ranked Baylor romped to a 66-7 victory over woebegone Kansas on Saturday.
- No. 19 Georgia loses star RB Nick Chubb to knee injury
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Georgia running back Nick Chubb has left Saturday's game with Tennessee after injuring his left knee on the first play from scrimmage.
- DeGrom outduels Kershaw with 13 Ks; Mets beat Dodgers 3-1
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jacob deGrom sure seems to thrive on baseball's biggest stages.