- No nuke agreement yet: Iran talks push past deadline
LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) — With stubborn disputes unresolved, nuclear talks between Iran and six world powers went past a self-imposed deadline and into overtime as negotiators renewed efforts to hammer out the outline of an agreement.
- Indiana governor wants changes to religious-objections law
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana Gov. Mike Pence asked lawmakers Tuesday to send him a clarification of the state's new religious-freedom law later this week, while Arkansas legislators passed a similar measure, despite criticism that it is a thinly disguised attempt to permit discrimination against gays.
- Religious freedom laws not used against gays in the past
NEW YORK (AP) — Religious freedom laws like the one causing an uproar in Indiana have never been successfully used to defend discrimination against gays — and have rarely been used at all, legal experts say.
- Buhari wins in Nigeria, defeating Goodluck Jonathan
ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — Amid anger over an Islamic insurgency that has claimed thousands of lives, Nigerians threw out the incumbent and elected a 72-year-old former military dictator Tuesday in a historic transfer of power following the nation's most hotly contested election ever.
- Nigeria new leader Muhammadu Buhari has strict reputation
ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — Nigeria's next president, the first opposition candidate to unseat a democratically elected president in the country's history, also knows how to take power through other means.
- AP Newsbreak: AP study projects average MLB salary tops $4M
NEW YORK (AP) — Even before the first pitch of the 2015 season is thrown, an eye-popping baseball record will be set.
- Thunder star Kevin Durant has bone graft surgery
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Thunder star Kevin Durant had bone graft surgery Tuesday for a fracture in his right foot, and the team expects he'll return to basketball activities in four to six months.
- Capitals LW Alex Ovechkin reaches 50 goals for 6th time
WASHINGTON (AP) — Alex Ovechkin has become only the sixth player in NHL history to score at least 50 goals in a season six times.
- Florida State's Winston shows off for NFL coaches, GMs
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Jameis Winston dodged brooms and blocking pads. He threw over outstretched arms and tennis rackets. He completed passes from the pocket and on the run.
- Breanna Stewart, Jewell Loyd top AP women's All-America team
Breanna Stewart is among the best players in women's basketball, and she never takes it for granted.