- Finance minister resigns after decisive 'no' bailout vote
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis resigned Monday, saying he was told shortly after Greece's decisive referendum result that some other eurozone finance ministers and the country's other creditors would appreciate his not attending the ministers' meetings.
- The Latest: French minister: the ball is in Greece's court
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — The latest on the bailout referendum in Greece (all times local):
- More than 1 million expected at pope's Mass in South America
QUITO, Ecuador (AP) — Pope Francis travels to the Ecuadorean port of Guayaquil on Monday for a Mass expected to draw more than a million people, as Latin America's first pontiff tours his home continent with a message of compassion for the weak and respect for an ailing planet.
- Wins, setbacks mark the path to nationwide same-sex marriage
WASHINGTON (AP) — In 2004, when Massachusetts became the first state to allow same-sex couples to marry, President George W. Bush declared support for a constitutional amendment "to protect the institution of marriage." Voters in 13 states changed their constitutions to define marriage as the union of a man and a woman. In most of those states, the vote wasn't even close.
- Hard-hit Gaza neighborhood still trying to recover from war
SHIJAIYAH, Gaza Strip (AP) — After weeks of sharing cramped quarters with relatives during last year's war between Hamas and Israel, 39-year-old Mohammed al-Selek thought nothing of it when he heard the incoming roar of two mortar shells. But once a suffocating cloud of acrid smoke filled the stairwell, his heart sank — the family's home had been struck by Israeli fire.
- Carli Lloyd becomes Captain America for US women
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — For a brief time Sunday night, Carli Lloyd's Wikipedia page listed her position as "President of the United States."
- Earnhardt wins rain-delayed Daytona ahead of Dillon's crash
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A horrific last-lap accident that left drivers fearing for Austin Dillon's safety muted Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s victory in the rain-delayed race at Daytona International Speedway.
- The Latest: VP Biden dotes on grandson as he watches final
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — The latest from the Women's World Cup final (all times local):
- 4 Royals elected to start All-Star Game; Reds' Frazier, too
NEW YORK (AP) — The All-Star Game will have a Kansas City flavor, just not as much as it appeared last month.
- All-Williams matchup headlines Monday's action at Wimbledon
LONDON (AP) — One five-time Wimbledon champion is guaranteed to reach the quarterfinals. Another is assured of elimination.