- Toronto OF Saunders could return in April after knee surgery
DUNEDIN, Fla. (AP) — Toronto Blue Jays left fielder Michael Saunders had surgery on his left knee Friday and could return to the team sooner than previously expected, perhaps in mid-April.
- A-Rod shifts across the infield and works out at first base
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Stripped of his job at third base, Alex Rodriguez moved across the diamond and worked out at first base for the initial time with the New York Yankees.
- Pirates call it sickening to see 'Jihadi John' in team hat
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) — The Pittsburgh Pirates say it's "absolutely sickening" to see a photo of the Islamic State militant known as "Jihadi John" wearing a Pirates hat.
- Harvey throws to batters for 1st time since elbow surgery
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) — Matt Harvey drew an ovation from the crowd of 100-150 fans and high-fives from teammates after stepping off the mound Friday.
- Adam Wainwright may miss Cardinals' season opener
JUPITER, Fla. (AP) — Adam Wainwright won't pitch in exhibition games until mid-March because of his abdominal strain, a delay that could prevent the St. Louis Cardinals ace from starting the major league season opener at the Chicago Cubs on April 5.'