- Wacha in bullpen to start NL division series
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Michael Wacha, who starred in the postseason as a rookie last fall, will be in the St. Louis Cardinals' bullpen for the start of the NL division series.
- Playoff managers hit, miss on contesting calls
For Buck Showalter, Don Mattingly and every other manager in these playoffs, it promises to be a most challenging postseason.
- Royals return to playoffs in dramatic fashion
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — It had been 29 years since the Kansas City Royals had last been to the postseason — nearly three decades spent mostly in baseball's backwater, a small-market organization on a shoe-string budget trying in vain to compete with the big boys.
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Rain had started to fall at Kauffman Stadium as the echoing roars finally faded into the night. Eric Hosmer popped out of the dugout one last time, looked to the sky and let it soak in.
- Volquez looks to continue revival against Giants
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Edinson Volquez's renaissance began with a simple game of catch.