- Mets' Syndergaard loses bid for perfect game on hit in 7th
NEW YORK (AP) — Mets rookie Noah Syndergaard has lost his bid for a perfect game when Will Venable singled on the first pitch of the seventh inning.
- Mets reliever Mejia banned for year for positive drug test
NEW YORK (AP) — Just back from an 80-game drug suspension, New York Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia was banned for an additional 162 games Tuesday by Major League Baseball following a second positive test for performance-enhancing substances.
- Nationals land Papelbon in trade with Phillies
MIAMI (AP) — The Washington Nationals have a new closer, landing All-Star Jonathan Papelbon from the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Lesson learned: Minor leaguer hits HR but misses plate
BALTIMORE (AP) — When a player hits a home run, there's really only one overriding rule when running the bases: Touch 'em all.
- Rockies, Blue Jays swap star shortstops
DENVER (AP) — The Colorado Rockies and Toronto Blue Jays have swapped star shortstops.