- Oilers sign No. 1 pick McDavid to 3-year, entry-level deal
EDMONTON, Alberta (AP) — Connor McDavid played 66 junior games for the Erie Otters this season and seven more at the world junior championship. Even when the hockey stopped, there was more to do.
- LA Kings' Voynov pleads no contest in domestic abuse case
TORRANCE, Calif. (AP) — Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov was sentenced to three months in jail Thursday after pleading no contest to beating his wife after an argument at a Halloween party last year.
- Kessel trade to Penguins highlights start of NHL free agency
On the first day of NHL free agency, a blockbuster trade stole the spotlight.
- Penguins acquire Phil Kessel from Maple Leafs in major trade
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Phil Kessel spent six years in Toronto trying to lift the Maple Leafs out of the churn of mediocrity.
- Sabres draftee Eichel signs entry level deal, leaving school
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Jack Eichel is eager to begin his NHL career.