- Islanders beat Capitals 3-1 to force Game 7
UNIONDALE, N.Y. (AP) — Nikolay Kulemin scored the go-ahead goal with 9:27 left and the New York Islanders beat the Washington Capitals 3-1 on Saturday to force Game 7 in the first-round playoff series.
- Home-ice advantage overrated in Wild-Blues series
ST. LOUIS (AP) — NHL teams play all season for home-ice advantage. Only to give it away.
- Rangers head to 2nd round, await Capitals or Islanders
NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Rangers aren't accustomed to this.
- Wild beat Blues 4-1 behind Dubnyk, take 3-2 series lead
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Devan Dubnyk forgot all about that six-goal embarrassment.
- Senators beat Canadiens 5-1 to force Game 6
MONTREAL (AP) — Ottawa goalie Craig Anderson brushed off a stick battle with Montreal forward Brandon Prust as easily as turned back the Canadiens on Friday night.