- Tigers agree to deal with Joe Nathan
DETROIT (AP) — Joe Nathan expects to fit in just fine in Detroit — and now the Tigers don't have to face the closer who has dominated them more than perhaps any other in baseball.
- AP Source: Yanks, Ellsbury reach $153M, 7-yr deal
NEW YORK (AP) — Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night.
- AP Source: Yanks, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal
NEW YORK (AP) — A person familiar with the negotiations says the New York Yankees were working toward an agreement with outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million.
- Clark 1st ex-big leaguer to run MLB players' union
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Tony Clark said he's "blown away" that he is the first former major leaguer to become head of the baseball players' union.
- Rays acquire C Hanigan, RHP Bell in 3-team trade
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Catcher Ryan Hanigan and reliever Heath Bell are eager to try to help the Tampa Bay Rays get back to the playoffs.