- Reports: Kuroda to return to Japan, pitch for Carp
TOKYO (AP) — Japanese media are reporting that Hiroki Kuroda, a free agent with the Yankees, will return to Japan in 2015 to pitch for the Hiroshima Carps.
- MLB average salary exceeds $3.8 million
NEW YORK (AP) — Major League Baseball's average salary shot up to more than $3.8 million this year following the steepest rise in more than a decade, putting big leaguers on track to top the $4 million barrier for the first time in 2015.
- LJ Mazzilli, son of Lee, gets 50-game drug ban
NEW YORK (AP) — The Mets' L.J. Mazzilli, a son of former major league All-Star and manager Lee Mazzilli, was suspended for 50 games Tuesday under baseball's minor league drug program following a second positive drug test.
- Phil Hughes, Twins agree to $58M, 5-year contract
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Phil Hughes finished his first season in Minnesota one out shy of a $500,000 bonus. His new deal with the Twins more than takes care of that.
- Sergio Romo finalizes $15M, 2-year deal with Giants
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Sergio Romo tested free agency, had some offers and ultimately decided he wanted to stay put in San Francisco pitching for the only team he has known.