- Houston Astros fire manager Bo Porter
HOUSTON (AP) — The Houston Astros are looking toward the future, and they decided there is no time like the present to get going on that.
- Hamels, 3 Phils relievers combine to no-hit Braves
ATLANTA (AP) — The biggest number for Cole Hamels after six innings wasn't the zero in the hits allowed column but the 108 pitches thrown by the Philadelphia Phillies' starter.
- Homer-happy Nationals beat Dodgers 6-4
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Gio Gonzalez picked a good time to earn his first victory for Washington in the second half, coming against a talented Dodgers lineup the Nationals could see in the postseason.
- Royals stop slide with 4-3 victory over Rangers
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Salvador Perez homered and drove in three runs, and the Kansas City Royals beat the Texas Rangers 4-3 on Monday night to snap a three-game losing streak.
- Rockies win, after losing end of suspended game
DENVER (AP) — The new kids got things rolling and the familiar face with the bushy beard brought the win home.