- Jesse Chavez beats Blue Jays in arbitration, awarded $4M
PHOENIX (AP) — Pitcher Jesse Chavez defeated the Toronto Blue Jays in salary arbitration, improving players to 3-0 this year in cases that went to hearings.
- APNewsBreak: Arrieta, Cubs agree at $10.7M, AP source says
CHICAGO (AP) — Jake Arrieta and the Chicago Cubs found a number that worked in the canyon between their arbitration proposals.
- Undefeated Mexico tops Puerto Rico in Caribbean series
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) — Outfielders Jeremias Pineda and Justin Greene had RBI doubles during a six-run eighth inning, and Mexico's undefeated Mazatlan Venados beat Puerto Rico's Santurce Cangrejeros 8-4 on Friday night to clinch the top seed in the semifinals of the Caribbean Series.
- Reds outfield prospect Duran suspended for positive test
NEW YORK (AP) — Cincinnati Reds outfield prospect Juan Duran has been suspended for the first 80 games of the season under Major League Baseball's drug program following a positive test for three performance-enhancing substances.
- Hoover beats Reds in arbitration, improving players to 2-0
PHOENIX (AP) — Reliever J.J. Hoover has won his salary arbitration case against the Cincinnati Reds, improving players to 2-0 against teams this year.