- LEADING OFF: Hamilton vs Angels; Kershaw tries to break skid
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues today:
- Experts: Hacking probe will stretch if Cards execs involved
HOUSTON (AP) — The federal hacking investigation of the St. Louis Cardinals could take longer if high-level executives are implicated in the breach of the Houston Astros' database, according to legal experts.
- Late-inning offense carries Arizona to win
PHOENIX (AP) — Jeremy Hellickson has found a good groove when pitching at home in Chase Field, and that's not so easy to do in the hitter-friendly ballpark.
- Kazmir helps A's blank Mariners 4-0
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Scott Kazmir pitched eight sparkling innings, Marcus Semien homered for the first time in nearly two months, and the Oakland Athletics beat the Seattle Mariners 4-0 on Thursday night.
- Red Sox use 8-run first to beat Jays 12-6
TORONTO (AP) — Wade Miley warmed up in the bullpen, then he waited nearly half an hour to take the mound for the bottom of the first inning.