- As baseball goes high-tech, stealing a base still old school
CINCINNATI (AP) — Billy Hamilton doesn't bother to watch video of pitchers' moves to home plate. When he reaches first, one of baseball's top base stealers goes more by observation and instinct.
- LEADING OFF: Gallo gets call; Burnett faces Giants
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues today:
- Teixeira's grand slam gives Yankees 7-2 win over Seattle
SEATTLE (AP) — For the first three innings, Seattle ace Felix Hernandez was conjuring up thoughts of perfection.
- Cole strikes out 9 batters as Pirates beat Giants 4-3
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Gerrit Cole struck out a nine to win his third straight start, Neil Walker hit a tiebreaking two-run double in the fifth after a pair of called strikeouts, and the Pittsburgh Pirates beat the San Francisco Giants 4-3 on Monday night.
- Kershaw leads Dodgers to 11-4 win over Rockies
DENVER (AP) — Clayton Kershaw's hitting actually overshadowed his pitching.