- The 50th Super Bowl goes to San Francisco Bay Area
BOSTON (AP) — The NFL will celebrate its 50th Super Bowl in northern California, where its newest, most high-tech venue is being built.
- Clippers won't offer Del Negro new deal as coach
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Vinny Del Negro is out as coach of the Los Angeles Clippers after a season in which the team won its first division title but lost in the first round of the playoffs.
- Garcia, Woods take their shots at each other
VIRGINIA WATER, England (AP) — Tiger Woods and Sergio Garcia don't like each other, and they're making no effort to disguise their feelings.
- Experienced Heat, upstart Pacers ready to go
MIAMI (AP) — Dwyane Wade's rookie season ended with a playoff loss to the Indiana Pacers. The next year, the Miami Heat were headed to the Eastern Conference finals and certain that an NBA championship was in their sights.
- Romo active on field while idled over cyst removal
IRVING, Texas (AP) — Tony Romo pointed here and there, showing receiver Dez Bryant the best way to use a block on the first day of offseason practice.
- Yankees, Man City to co-own NYC MLS team
NEW YORK (AP) — Hoping their baseball success will translate to titles in another sport, the Yankees are combining with English power Manchester City to own a Major League Soccer expansion team in New York that will start play in 2015.
- ESPN cutting workforce, 'smartly managing costs'
NEW YORK (AP) — ESPN is cutting its workforce, the latest Disney division to reduce staff.
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
LONDON (AP) — Andy Murray has withdrawn from the French Open after seeking medical advice on his back injury.
- Golf adopts rule to ban anchored putting stroke
Golf's two governing bodies outlawed the anchored putting stroke used by four of the last six major champions, approving a new rule that starts in 2016 and urging the PGA Tour to follow along so the 600-year-old sport is still played under one set of rules.
- Smith makes headlines heading into Hall vote
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Bruton Smith just can't help himself sometimes.