- Kraft takes the offensive, defends team, seeks NFL apology
CHANDLER, Ariz. (AP) — The New England Patriots came out swinging upon their arrival at the Super Bowl.
- Manfred knows he'll get hit as commish _ his name is on ball
NEW YORK (AP) — Rob Manfred knows he'll get pounded now that he's baseball commissioner — his name is printed in blue script on the sweet spot between the seams of every big league ball.
- Kobe Bryant to have shoulder surgery, likely out for season
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) — Kobe Bryant will have surgery Wednesday on his torn right rotator cuff, likely ending his 19th season with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- LeBron, Cavs climb in standings, back in title conversation
CLEVELAND (AP) — LeBron James sat in his corner cubicle with a towel wrapped around his waist and a look of satisfaction on his face that had been missing for weeks.
- Super Bowl bad guys don't take long to circle the wagons
CHANDLER, Ariz. (AP) — Those bad guys from New England finally made it out West, and it didn't take long for them to begin circling the wagons.
- AP source: Yanks thinking of not making $6M payment to A-Rod
NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Yankees are thinking about not making a $6 million payment to Alex Rodriguez if he hits six home runs and ties Willie Mays at 660 for fourth place on the career list.
- Thunder F Durant out vs Wolves with sprained toe
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Kevin Durant is sitting out the Thunder's game against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday night with a sprained big toe on his left foot.
- Smith goes from MVP to barely seeing field for Seattle
PHOENIX (AP) — Malcolm Smith stood out for always being in the right spot.
- Super Bowl Media Day: The art of saying little to nothing
PHOENIX (AP) — This is not a story about Super Bowl Media Day. Thank God. This IS a story about the story of Super Bowl Media Day.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds off No. 19 Texas 89-86
AMES, Iowa (AP) — Iowa State accomplished what it set out to do: respond to a brutal loss at Texas Tech with another big win over a ranked team.