- High court blocks same-sex unions in Virginia
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Same-sex couples will have to wait longer to begin marrying in Virginia after the U.S. Supreme Court agreed Wednesday to delay an appeals court ruling striking down the state's gay marriage ban.
- Prosecutor: Gunman camped out before killings
Zachary Levi Brimhall had picnicked with his parents at a remote spot in Oregon's Coast Range last weekend then stayed to camp.
- Women small business owners struggle to get loans
NEW YORK (AP) — Women are a growing force in the business world, but if they own a company, they may still struggle to get a loan from a bank.
- US safety agency offers online recall check
DETROIT (AP) — The U.S. government is offering a free online service for drivers to find out if their vehicles have been recalled but not repaired.
- Prosecutor: Gunman, others dead after shooting
COOS BAY, Ore. (AP) — A gunman lured his father to a remote Oregon campsite and killed him, then drove to a beach where he shot five cars in a parking lot, killing a Michigan camper who was sleeping in his vehicle, a prosecutor said Tuesday. The gunman then killed himself.