- Unpublished Orson Welles draft memoir obtained by university
DETROIT (AP) — A "very raw draft" of an unpublished Orson Welles memoir has joined the University of Michigan's archives on the trailblazing filmmaker, the school says.
- Man competent for trial in hammer deaths of dad, 87, mom, 85
PONTIAC, Mich. (AP) — A suburban Detroit man with a history of mental illness who is accused of beating his 87-year-old father and 85-year-old mother to death with a hammer has been found competent to stand trial.
- Federal data: As oil production soars, so do pipeline leaks
The oil pipeline leak that fouled a stretch of California coastline this week reflects a troubling trend in the nation's infrastructure: As U.S. oil production has soared, so has the number of pipeline accidents.
- Street artist Shepard Fairey finishes large Detroit mural
DETROIT (AP) — Street artist Shepard Fairey has finished work on a large mural in downtown Detroit.
- US State Dept. employee faces cyberstalking, hacking charges
ATLANTA (AP) — A U.S. State Department employee is accused of sending threatening emails to college-aged women in the U.S. from his computer at the U.S. Embassy in London, authorities said.