- Fiat Chrysler, Nissan report strong June US sales
DETROIT (AP) — Nissan's U.S. sales rose more than 13 percent in June, while Fiat Chrysler posed an 8 percent gain as the auto industry headed for another healthy sales month.
- Events leading to government probe of big-rig hitches
March 1, 2011: Fontaine Fifth Wheel sends service bulletin to customers telling them that the Ultra LT hitch used on semis may not lock properly and trailers can detach from tractors on the road. The bulletin also is sent to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Tractor-trailer hitches could be faulty, 6,000 may be in use
BATAVIA, Ohio (AP) — On a twisty, snow-lined hill that the locals call "Devil's Backbone," a 12-ton semi-trailer came loose from its tractor and plowed into an oncoming line of pre-dawn commuters.
- AP News Guide: Oregon weed legal soon, but not legally sold
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Come Wednesday, the pot stashes in Oregon are legal — up to 8 ounces. So is the homegrown, up to four plants a household.
- Consumer Reports finds some newer cars burn too much oil
DETROIT (AP) — Newer cars aren't supposed to need more oil between oil changes, but Consumer Reports found that some engines — mainly from Audi, BMW and Subaru — require an extra quart as often as once a month.