- Firefighters rescue dog trapped in gap between walls
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) — Los Angeles County firefighters got creative to rescue a dog that had fallen into a six-inch-wide gap in West Hollywood, California.
- Teacher jailed for showing high school class violent movie
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A former substitute teacher convicted of showing a movie including graphic sex and violence to a high school class was sentenced on Wednesday to 90 days in jail.
- Man accused of buying auto insurance from scene of car wreck
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a Pennsylvania man called an insurance company from a crash scene to buy auto coverage and later claimed his wreck happened after he got the policy.
- Bill to make 'Hang on Sloopy' Ohio's rock song passes House
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A proposal to make "Hang On Sloopy" Ohio's official rock song has struck the right note with state representatives.
- Emu jumps fence, escapes from farm when noise spooks bird
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) — An emu jumped a fence and escaped from a farm in North Carolina when it was spooked by a loud piece of farm equipment.
- Malfunctioning Miami Beach welcome sign sends mixed message
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A sign welcoming tourists to Miami Beach briefly offered visitors a confusing message.
- Texan arrested with sword in cane, tried to visit jailed son
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — A San Antonio man trying to visit his jailed son also landed behind bars after being caught with a combination cane and 2-foot sword.
- Faucet theft from German spy building causes water leak
BERLIN (AP) — Police say someone removed faucets from the still-incomplete headquarters of Germany's foreign intelligence service in Berlin, causing a large water leak.
- Rooms going fast at Hungary's village for rent
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — Rooms at Hungary's village-for-rent are going fast.
- Court: Man burned by fajitas while praying can't sue eatery
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey appellate court says a man cannot seek damages for burns he suffered while bowing his head in prayer over a sizzling steak fajita skillet at a restaurant.