- Woman uses obituary to say Brady innocent in 'Deflategate'
BOSTON (AP) — A Massachusetts woman has used her own obituary to convey a final message on Tom Brady and the "Deflategate" scandal.
- A head scratcher: 9 brains found next to train tracks
GOUVERNEUR, N.Y. (AP) — Nine brains were found along a street in a northern New York village, but authorities say there's nothing to fear.
- Man sentenced for stabbing of bar doorman over bad drink
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — A 36-year-old man has been sentenced to more than 28 years in prison for a 2013 assault that prosecutors say stemmed from his anger over a botched drink.
- Colorado city going dark this weekend to help stargazers
TELLURIDE, Colo. (AP) — Telluride residents were asked to turn out the lights on Saturday night and early Sunday to help stargazers see the night sky free of light pollution.
- Fido al fresco? NY weighs allowing outdoor dining with dogs
NEW YORK (AP) — Never mind the doggie bag: Spot wants a seat at the outdoor table, or rather under it.
- Naked man rescued after getting stuck on Florida drawbridge
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Firefighters in Florida have rescued a naked man trapped on a raised drawbridge.
- Oregon community takes unusual approach to sea lion problem
BELLINGHAM, Wash. (AP) — An Oregon community is bringing in some unusual help to try to fix their sea lion problem. They're hoping a fake killer whale from Bellingham, Washington, will do the trick.
- Polish brown bear crosses borders, highway, seeking mate
WARSAW, Poland (AP) — A Polish brown bear went a wooing, little knowing that scientists were following all the way.
- Campaign worker sends fake news release saying foe left race
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — A campaign worker for a New Hampshire House hopeful has been charged with a felony for sending out a fake news release saying the opponent had dropped out of the race.
- Giant hole forms at entrance of Missouri golf course
BRANSON, Mo. (AP) — A big sinkhole discovered Friday near the driving range of a southwest Missouri golf course is attracting the attention of geological experts.