- California couple married 75 years dies in each other's arms
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Jeanette and Alexander Toczko were each 8 years old when they became smitten with one another. They married in 1940 and were rarely apart in the decades since.
- 140 pairs of underwear stolen from store hit by 4 bra heists
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) — First they took the bras. Now they've come back for the panties.
- Denver campaign would allow marijuana use in bars
DENVER (AP) — Beer? Wine? Or weed?
- German authorities seize tank, other WWII weapons in raid
BERLIN (AP) — Authorities seized a 45-ton Panther tank, a flak cannon and multiple other World War II-era military weapons in a raid on a 78-year-old collector's home in northern Germany, prosecutors said Friday.
- New law takes the lie out of Ohio's fireworks 'Liar's Law'
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — Ohio eliminated part of its "Liar's Law" that for years has required residents to make empty promises to take fireworks they bought out of state within 48 hours.
- Connecticut town's Boom Box Parade celebrates 30th year
WILLIMANTIC, Conn. (AP) — Willimantic's annual Independence Day parade once again will include the traditional Little League teams, floats sponsored by local businesses, fire trucks, and politicians. But, for the 30th consecutive year, there will be no marching bands.
- Pilot saves own bacon, glides pig-shaped balloon after crash
PROVO, Utah (AP) — The pig couldn't fly, the cowboy got away, and the pilot's OK.
- Dolphin leaps onto boat, injuring California woman
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A dolphin leaped onto a boat in Southern California, crashing into a woman and breaking both her ankles.
- Cat rescued from engine of pickup truck after 28-mile ride
HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. (AP) — A cat has been rescued from the engine of a pickup truck after a 28-mile ride from Pennsylvania to New Jersey.
- Man charged with robbing same New Jersey bank 5 years later
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) — A Philadelphia man robbed a New Jersey bank four months after he was released from prison for robbing the same place five years earlier, prosecutors said.