- Davis helps No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66
KINGSTON, R.I. (AP) — Darrell Davis made a go-ahead 3-pointer from the corner with 20 seconds left and No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66 on Friday night.
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — "Havoc" is finally taking hold at Texas, where first-year coach Shaka Smart and the No. 24 Longhorns have shaken off a slow start to join the hunt for the Big 12 title.
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Auburn point guard Kareem Canty has left the team and is turning pro.
- Kansas concerned about defending hot-shooting Oklahoma
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Kansas coach Bill Self expects his Jayhawks to have their hands full Saturday dealing with Buddy Hield and the rest of the sharp-shooting Oklahoma Sooners.
- Hoosiers use late surge to upset No. 4 Hawkeyes 85-78
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP) — Indiana's Kevin "Yogi" Ferrell wanted the ball Thursday night.
- Williams leads No. 22 South Florida women past Cincinnati
CINCINNATI (AP) — Courtney Williams scored 17 of her 22 points in the first half and No. 22 South Florida rolled to a 78-51 win over Cincinnati on Friday night.
- Correction: T25-Tennessee-Vanderbilt story
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — In a story Feb. 11 on the Tennessee-Vanderbilt women's game, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Tennessee had lost to Texas A&M and Mississippi in its previous two road games leading up to the Vanderbilt trip. Tennessee had lost to Texas A&M and Mississippi State in its previous two road games.
- Mitchell's 22 lead No. 2 South Carolina to 86-71 win
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — The sting of losing to UConn hasn't disappeared. Dawn Staley, though, was happy to see No. 2 South Carolina get back on track with an 86-71 victory over No. 16 Florida on Thursday night.
- No. 7 Ohio State blasts Iowa 98-81 for 8th straight win
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — Kelsey Mitchell and Shayla Cooper each scored 20 points and seventh-ranked Ohio State blasted Iowa 98-81 on Thursday night for its eighth straight victory.
- No. 19 Miami women hold off Georgia Tech 58-55
ATLANTA (AP) — Keyona Hayes led a balanced attack with 16 points and No. 19 Miami held off Georgia Tech 58-55 on Thursday night despite missing three free throws in the closing seconds.