- Top-ranked Wildcats beat Southern 69-43
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Aaron Gordon scored 21 points, Nick Johnson added 17 and Arizona opened its second week at No. 1 with a 69-43 rout over Southern on Thursday night.
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
NEW YORK (AP) — It was an average performance from Jabari Parker, and it drew praise worthy of another stellar effort by the Duke freshman.
- No. 12 Baylor beats Northwestern State 91-84 in OT
WACO, Texas (AP) — Kenny Chery scored 12 of his 20 points in overtime and No. 12 Baylor returned from an extended break with a 91-84 victory over Northwestern State on Wednesday night.
- Thames leads No. 24 SDSU over S. Utah, 76-39
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Xavier Thames scored 16 points and Josh Davis had 13 points and 14 rebounds to lead No. 24 San Diego State to a 76-39 laugher over Southern Utah on Wednesday night.
- No. 10 UConn upset by Stanford 53-51 at home
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Chasson Randle scored 22 points and Stanford handed No. 10 UConn its first loss of the season, 53-51 on Wednesday night.
- Peters leads No. 2 Duke women over Albany 80-51
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Haley Peters scored 17 points to help No. 2 Duke beat Albany 80-51 on Thursday night.
- No. 13 Oklahoma St. beats Michigan St. 63-57
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — Tiffany Bias hit all of her free throws in the final seconds and No. 13 Oklahoma State held off Michigan State to win 63-57 on Thursday in the Puerto Rico Classic.
- No. 18 Purdue holds off Green Bay 49-45
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — KK Houser hit three of four free throws in the final 11 seconds and scored 17 points as No. 18 Purdue escaped with a 49-45 win a Green Bay Wednesday night.
- Sims, No. 9 Baylor women beat Mississippi 87-80
WACO, Texas (AP) — Odyssey Sims is still able to lead No. 9 Baylor when she is having a tough shooting night. Her shots seem to go in when they are needed the most.
- Mavunga leads No. 14 North Carolina to 74-66 win
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) — Freshman Stephanie Mavunga had 20 points and 12 rebounds to lead No. 14 North Carolina to a 74-66 victory over No. 10 South Carolina on Wednesday night, ending the Gamecocks perfect start.