- Man arrested in NC, body of missing woman found
22 Nov. 20145:12 PM ET
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say they found the body of a missing Virginia woman after arresting her boyfriend in North Carolina.Multiple media outlets report the body of 34-year-old Shelly Gravely was found early Saturday in Henry County, Virginia.
- NC man pleads guilty in fatal boat crash
22 Nov. 20142:23 PM ET
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — A Guilford County man who pleaded guilty to causing a boat crash that killed a pregnant woman and her 3-year-old son has avoided prison.The Winston-Salem Journal reports (http://bit.ly/14ZBdmu ) 54-year-old Michael Greene of McLeansville pleaded guilty to three counts of involuntary manslaughter. He was sentenced to one year of house arrest. He must pay a $500 fine and perform 50 hours of community service. Greene also can't operate a boat for three years.
- Body of missing Georgia man found in NC
22 Nov. 201412:46 PM ET
HENDERSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) — The body of a missing Georgia man has been found in the French Broad River in North Carolina.The Hendersonville Times-News reports (http://bit.ly/14Zzk9l ) Andrew Sprinkle's body was found under a tree in the river Friday afternoon. Crews had been searching for Sprinkle since his truck was found wrecked, abandoned and partially submerged in the frigid water Nov. 15 along U.S. Highway 276.
- NC State trustees recommend tuition increases
22 Nov. 201411:41 AM ET
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — N.C. State University's trustees are recommending a 3 percent tuition hike for in-state students in each of the next two years.The News & Observer of Raleigh reports (http://bit.ly/1xD5L8d ) that a 6 percent yearly increase is recommended for out-of-state undergraduates.
- Asheville-area tourism at record levels
22 Nov. 201410:54 AM ET
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Officials are predicting a record-setting year for Asheville-area tourism.The Asheville Citizen-Times reports (http://avlne.ws/1BVBaH4 ) that occupancy rates in Buncombe County hit an all-time high in October, with more than 86 percent of lodging rooms filled. According to hotel-data company STR Global, the previous monthly high was 81 percent.
- No. 4 Duke tops Stanford to win Coaches vs Cancer
23 Nov. 20141:19 AM ET
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Cash 5' game
23 Nov. 20141:10 AM ET
- NC Lottery
23 Nov. 20141:10 AM ET
- Redmond scores 2, Avalanche beat Hurricanes 4-3
23 Nov. 20141:02 AM ET
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Fantasy 5' game
23 Nov. 201412:58 AM ET
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Powerball' game
23 Nov. 201412:40 AM ET
- Tragedies lead 2 women to form outreach group
23 Nov. 201412:03 AM ET
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Cash 4 Evening' game
22 Nov. 201411:58 PM ET
- No. 4 DUKE 70, STANFORD 59
22 Nov. 201411:56 PM ET
- Hurricanes-Avalanche Sums
22 Nov. 201411:53 PM ET