- Smith's 11 overtime points lifts Dayton over Davidson
DAVIDSON, N.C. (AP) — Scoochie Smith, without a field goal in regulation, made three 3-pointers and scored 11 points in overtime and Dayton defeated Davidson 89-82 on Friday night, with its eighth straight victory giving it a half-game lead in the Atlantic 10.
- Lack gets 9th career shutout, Hurricanes beat Senators 3-0
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Eddie Lack spent a lot of time this season watching his Carolina Hurricanes teammates play while he dealt with concussion issues. He made the most of a rare chance to play against the Ottawa Senators.
- UNC hires North Texas' Mike Ekeler as linebackers coach
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina has hired Mike Ekeler from North Texas to coach its linebackers.
- Canes send Bickell to minors for 1st game after MS diagnosis
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Carolina Hurricanes forward Bryan Bickell is expected to skate in his first hockey game since being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
- Bubble Watch: Izzo's Spartans still shoring up NCAA resume
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Michigan State and Tom Izzo have repeatedly made March the Spartans' month with strong finishes and Final Four runs. The Spartans are having a tougher time locking down their NCAA Tournament spot and building late-season momentum this time around.
Sports News for North Carolina