- Hurricanes general manager Ron Francis signs extension
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The Carolina Hurricanes have signed general manager Ron Francis to a contract extension through the 2018-19 season, the team announced Tuesday.
- With Dayes back, NC State eager to run vs. William & Mary
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina State's Matt Dayes is back from injury and determined to be the program's first 1,000-yard rusher in more than a decade. And he's got plenty of help, too, in a backfield that will carry a big load this season for the Wolfpack.
- The 'Future' is now for Duke, QB Daniel Jones gets 1st start
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Shortly after quarterback Daniel Jones arrived on Duke's campus last year, his teammates nicknamed him the "Future."
- Panthers cut punter Mike Scifres, trim roster to 74
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Panthers released veteran punter Mike Scifres one day after trading for three-time Pro Bowler Andy Lee.
- Larson finally finds his way to victory lane after 3 years
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Kyle Larson first took off his steering wheel and hung it out the window as he did celebratory burnouts. Then he climbed to the roof of his car and raised his arms in triumph.
Sports News for North Carolina