- Adviser gets 5 years in prison for defrauding NFL players
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina financial adviser has been sentenced to more than five years in prison for stealing about $3 million from his clients, including at least two pro football players.
- NASCAR stars are no longer driving into their 50s
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Just a generation ago, NASCAR drivers raced until they were embarrassing themselves, the money ran out or they simply couldn't make it to the track anymore. They could compete into their mid-50s, and make a really good living.
- NC State's Keatts building for 'long haul' with Wolfpack
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — New North Carolina State coach Kevin Keatts is getting to know the players he inherited and pursuing recruits who can thrive in his style of play.
- NASCAR has huge hole to fill after Earnhardt retires
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — There was a moment during the Bristol Motor Speedway race that captured the essence of Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- NC State freshman Kapita on list of early NBA draft entrants
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina State freshman Ted Kapita has made himself eligible for the NBA draft but isn't hiring an agent.
Sports News for North Carolina