- Chargers, Panthers hope 4th quarter struggles behind them
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — There's potential for the fourth quarter of Sunday's game between the San Diego Chargers and Carolina Panthers to be a wild one.
- Brown tops 1,000-point plateau, No. 21 Duke women beat Elon
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Lexie Brown made 7 of 12 from the field, including 3-of-4 3-pointers, all eight of her free-throw attempts and finished with 25 points on Thursday night to help No. 21 Duke beat Elon 68-61.
- Newton: 'Demoralizing' season not due to lack of preparation
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said that while this season has been "demoralizing," his struggles on the field aren't from a lack of preparation off of it.
- NASCAR star Earnhardt cleared to race again after concussion
CONCORD, N.C. (AP) — NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr., who missed the final 18 races of last season because of a concussion, has been medically cleared to return next year.
- No. 7 North Carolina holds off Davidson 83-74
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — Justin Jackson buried shot after shot from behind the arc in the best performance of his career for No. 7 North Carolina. Coach Roy Williams didn't have much to feel good about otherwise.
Sports News for North Carolina