- CIAA to move 8 championships _ but not basketball _ from NC
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Division II Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association says it will move eight of its 10 conference championships set for North Carolina — but not its two basketball tournaments — because of a state law that restricts the rights of LGBT people.
- NCAA to hold Oct. 28 procedural hearing in UNC academic case
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The NCAA's academic case against North Carolina now has an added step likely to delay resolution a little longer: a procedural hearing.
- Panthers LT Michael Oher ruled out with late-week concussion
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Panthers left tackle Michael Oher has been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons after developing concussion-related symptoms two days before the game.
- Demon Deacons' defense aims to slow Wolfpack in ACC matchup
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Wake Forest's defense has been good enough to give its offense time to figure some things out after a bumpy start. And that has the Demon Deacons heading into Saturday's game with instate rival North Carolina State near the top of their Atlantic Coast Conference division.
- Duke hosts Virginia, hopes for momentum boost from ND upset
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — The Blue Devils and Cavaliers both pulled off impressive victories last week. So which team has more momentum now?
Sports News for North Carolina