- Towns, Timberwolves battle back to top Hornets 125-120 in OT
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Perhaps this was the type of win the talented and young Minnesota Timberwolves needed to get on a roll.
- Charlotte defeats Oregon State 69-66 in a see-saw game
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Jon Davis scored eight of his 22 points in the final three minutes as Charlotte held off Oregon State 69-66 in a wild see-saw game Saturday night.
- Smith's 17 pts help UNC Greensboro hold off Liberty, 72-65
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Marvin Smith scored 17 points, including a pair of free throws with 10 seconds left to put the game out of reach, and UNC Greensboro held off a late rally to beat Liberty, 72-65 on Saturday night.
- Drexel fends off pesky High Point 78-72 behind Jonsonn, Lee
HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP) — Kari Jonsson scored 25 points, Kurk Lee finished with 16 points, Rodney Williams added 13, and Drexel pulled away late to beat High Point 78-72 Saturday night.
- Dorn, Henderson help NC State top Boston University 77-73
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — There's a long list of things that North Carolina State coach Mark Gottfried figures his young team will improve on as the season wears on.
Sports News for North Carolina