- Big smile in Denver bank robbery suspect mug shot
DENVER (AP) — The mug shot of a man captured after trying to flee a bank robbery in Denver shows him flashing a broad, toothy grin.
- Mexican's 'Harry Potter' hoard is world's biggest
MEXICO CITY (AP) — A Mexico City man is in Hogwarts heaven after his collection of "Harry Potter" memorabilia was named the world's largest.
- Falcon has cataract surgery, gets new lenses
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — A falcon in New Hampshire has undergone eye surgery to remove cataracts and has received new synthetic lenses.
- Oregon cops: Suspect drove fast, had strong smell
LEBANON, Ore. (AP) — Officers in western Oregon say a suspect they tried to collar at a traffic stop drove too fast for pursuing officers, but eventually he was just too fragrant.
- Crew makes 1,126-pound bowl of Hawaii rice dish
HONOLULU (AP) — A group is claiming a world record for a popular Hawaii dish, after putting together a massive bowl of rice, hamburger, eggs and gravy.
- Man who raised $55K for potato salad throws party
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio man who raised $55,000 in a joking crowdfunding appeal to pay for his first attempt at making potato salad threw a huge public party Saturday that promised "peace, love and potato salad."
- Charges dropped for man who sold rhino head
MILTON, N.H. (AP) — A New Hampshire man who tried to sell a 70-pound rhinoceros head online is happy that charges against him have been dropped.
- Cops: Man fired into neighbor's home to unload gun
MIDDLETOWN, Pa. (AP) — Police in Pennsylvania say a man accused of shooting a bullet through a neighbor's window told a judge he fired the gun because it was the only way he knew how to unload it.
- Police: Man refused to move for helicopter landing
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man was arrested after deputies say he refused to move his car so a helicopter could land and transport a victim to the hospital after a serious car accident.
- Maine woman finds 2-headed baby snapping turtle
HUDSON, Maine (AP) — A woman in Maine has come across a two-headed baby snapping turtle that was trying to cross the road.