- 'Zombie' event staged at Oklahoma Capitol to support taxes
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Anti-tax "zombies" in Oklahoma were stopped outside the entrance to the state Capitol on Saturday in a staged event by groups supporting tax increases to prevent cuts to health, education and other services.
- Honolulu store owners say thieves are targeting cans of Spam
HONOLULU (AP) — Cans of Spam have become a common item that's being stolen from Honolulu stores and then sold on the streets for quick cash, according to authorities.
- To learn how to say New Zealand leader's name, just call her
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — When an Australian journalist wanted to find out how to correctly pronounce the name of New Zealand's incoming prime minister, he — unwittingly — went straight to the top.
- Devils fans help young anthem singer who forgets the words
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Hockey fans have come to the rescue of a girl who apparently forgot the words while singing the national anthem at a New Jersey Devils game.
- KFC Twitter follows 11 Herbs and Spices, intrigues internet
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A Twitter user has earned kudos online for discovering a subtle message on KFC's account.
- Police: Newborn's dad sold heroin in hospital maternity ward
GREENSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania man has been jailed on charges he sold heroin in the hospital maternity ward room where people were visiting his newborn daughter.
- 2-story 'Star Wars' replica in yard for Halloween is big hit
PARMA, Ohio (AP) — A two-story, "Star Wars"-inspired Halloween yard display in Ohio is enticing kids to get toy lightsabers and attracting hundreds of visitors from across the state.
- No Go: Pokemon-costumed man arrested after White House jump
WASHINGTON (AP) — A Kentucky man dressed as the Pokemon character Pikachu is accused of trying to jump the White House fence — all in the name of making a YouTube video.
- Student's yearbook photo rejected because he's holding gun
STANDISH, Maine (AP) — A Maine high school has rejected a student's submitted yearbook photo because it shows him holding a shotgun.
- Police: Robbery suspect left wallet behind at crime scene
FAIR LAWN, N.J. (AP) — Police in New Jersey have arrested a robbery suspect who they say left his wallet behind at the scene of the crime.