- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife
BOSTON (AP) — A Tennessee woman searching for the stranger she kissed while running the Boston Marathon this year says she finally heard back — from the mystery man's wife.
- Italian astronaut brews, sips first fresh espresso in space
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — The first Italian woman in space is now the world's first orbiting barista.
- Police: New Jersey man adds gasoline, lighter fluid to cake
MAYWOOD, N.J. (AP) — Police say a northern New Jersey man added more than eggs and flour to a birthday cake and nearly set his house on fire.
- 95-year-old man fights off would-be robber with cane
MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — Police say a 95-year-old World War II veteran used his cane to fight off a would-be robber in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Joyful noise or unholy din? New church 'bells' mean discord
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — The sound system next door is making it hard for Olga Lopatina to love thy neighbor: Christ the King church.
- Thinking it's a joke, man hangs up on pope; gets papal hug
VATICAN CITY (AP) — Hang up on Pope Francis and you might get a hug.
- California officer in hot water over ice bucket video
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A California officer faces insurance fraud charges after authorities say a video showed her participating in an ice-bucket challenge despite claiming she had a back injury.
- Bag carrying $63K in moldy bills found at Pennsylvania park
HOWARD, Pa. (AP) — A plastic bag containing $63,000 in moldy bills has been found at a Pennsylvania state park.
- Giant billowing aerial sculpture installed over Boston park
BOSTON (AP) — A giant aerial sculpture is floating over a park in Boston's Financial District, bringing a shimmer of spring where snowplow piles towered just weeks ago.
- Mother duck, brood waddle through school on trek to new home
BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — A mother duck and her brood got a brief tour of a Montana middle school as teachers and students herded them from their courtyard nest to a nearby creek.