- End of days comes for Ohio man's 'zombie Nativity' scene
CINCINNATI (AP) — A ghoulish holiday tradition outside of Cincinnati will soon come to a close after an Ohio man said he won't put up his "zombie Nativity" scene after this year.
- A bird, a plane, a polar bear? Wild guests at Alaska airport
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Scott Babcock was wrapping up an early morning runway inspection at America's farthest north airport when he saw what he thought were a couple of wolves.
- Oil change turns into owl sighting, bird named 'Shazam'
SALEM, N.H. (AP) — A routine oil change has turned into an unusual owl sighting for one car owner.
- Dog subject of court battle, faked death
PERRYVILLE, Mo. (AP) — A dog who was the subject of a two-year court battle and a faked death is back with his adopted family in Missouri.
- California man gets stuck in chimney during burglary attempt
CITRUS HEIGHTS, California (AP) — Authorities say a Northern California man tried to burglarize a business by entering through the chimney only to become stuck.
- Farmhouse for free, but buyer must move it off owners' land
ELLSTON, Iowa (AP) — Bargain hunters beware! A four-bedroom farmhouse in southern Iowa listed online for free comes with a catch: The new owner must move the building from the current owners' land.
- Holy cow! Wandering bovine returned to Philly nativity scene
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A cow in Philadelphia apparently wanted to be away from the manger, as it escaped twice Thursday morning from a church's live nativity scene.
- C-A-T named D-O-G is star canine trainer
ST. LOUIS (AP) — A cat with an unlikely name has an important job at a training center for dogs.
- Expecting dad stages own pregnancy photo shoot, shows belly
PEABODY, Mass. (AP) — An expecting father in Massachusetts has shown off his paternal glow with a pregnancy photo shoot.
- Grizzly crime solved: Candy factory's stolen bear found
ABILENE, Kan. (AP) — Police say a sweet tip led to the recovery of a bear statue that was stolen from outside a candy factory in central Kansas a year ago.