- Young John Glenn's pillowcase featured planets, stars
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — When future astronaut John Glenn nestled in his bed, it may not have been sugar plums that danced in his head, but celestial bodies.
- Gorilla at Philadelphia Zoo takes stand against dirty hands
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A male gorilla at the Philadelphia Zoo is taking a stand against dirty hands by opting to walk on two legs.
- Dead man walking: Court rejects Romanian's claim he's alive
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — Constantin Reliu learned in January that he was dead.
- Store owner: Thieves swipe birds worth thousands of dollars
MENIFEE, California (AP) — A business owner says thieves smashed a window of a Southern California pet store and made off with six birds worth thousands of dollars.
- Mocha master: SKorea barista adorns coffee with works of art
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Would you like cream, sugar and art with that?
- Blimp tows water skier across Southern California lake
LAKE ELSINORE, Calif. (AP) — Yes, that was a blimp towing a water skier across the surface of a Southern California lake.
- Police say Indiana man took taxi to and from bank robbery
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — Police say a 19-year-old Indiana man took a cab to and from a bank robbery and that he paid the driver with some of his stolen cash.
- Gold spills on Russian runway after plane door glitch
MOSCOW (AP) — Russian news reports say the hatch of a cargo plane carrying precious metals accidentally flew open upon takeoff — scattering at least 3 tons of gold on the runway.
- Authorities: Man steals SUV at gunpoint during test drive
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Authorities say a man who took an SUV on a test drive stole the vehicle at gunpoint.
- Maine resident Jesus Christ sends letter to Oprah Winfrey
WATERBORO, Maine (AP) — A letter from Jesus Christ might be the affirmation Oprah Winfrey needs to run for the presidency.