- Mayor calls ghostly face seen in Salem streetlamp 'eerie'
SALEM, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts city known for celebrating the occult is drawing attention after its mayor snapped a photo that appears to show a scowling face trapped in a streetlamp.
- What's in a name? Bronx Zoo proudly displays 'snot otters'
NEW YORK (AP) — It's a salamander by any other name — and some of those names are comical.
- South Dakota man claims he found mouse in Coca-Cola can
MITCHELL, S.D. (AP) — A South Dakota man is suing Coca-Cola after allegedly finding a mouse in a can of soda.
- Bigfoot on the lam: Sasquatch statues vanish from Ohio store
NORTH LIMA, Ohio (AP) — Police in Ohio are on the lookout for Bigfoot after a gift shop owner reported that statues of the hairy creature vanished from outside her store.
- Australian firefighters contend with pet crocodile
DARWIN, Australia (AP) — Firefighters who fought a blaze at a house in the tropical Australian city of Darwin on Thursday contended with the added distraction of being watched by a 4-meter (13-foot) pet crocodile.
- 911 call: Man wants police dog to search for stolen heroin
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — Police say an Ohio man called 911 to request a police dog to help track down heroin allegedly stolen from him.
- Sickly snake slithers into elementary school classroom
PRINCETON, N.J. (AP) — A sickly snake that slithered into a classroom at a New Jersey elementary school has been turned over to a rescue center.
- Toy given to police officer as safety talisman gets to Ohio
CINCINNATI (AP) — Police in Ohio have received a stuffed toy given by a child to a Pennsylvania police officer to help keep him safe.
- Dead 43-foot whale washes up on beach at New Jersey shore
TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) — A badly decomposed whale has been hauled off a New Jersey beach.
- Stork delivery? Woman gives birth to baby at Nebraska zoo
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A woman whose baby was due mid-May went into labor early and gave birth at a Nebraska zoo.