- Marine center offers degree, hands-on training
GRASSY KEY, Fla. (AP) — Molly, a bottlenose dolphin in her early 50s, can't see very well and requires special care. The staff at the Dolphin Research Center in the Florida Keys is teaching her to respond to verbal and touch-related signals before she loses her sight completely.
- Peabody ducks retire to Jack Daniel's distillery
LYNCHBURG, Tenn. (AP) — A group of ducks retiring from service at Memphis' Peabody Hotel has moved to Lynchburg.
- Semi overturns, spilling holiday hams on I-85 ramp
ATLANTA (AP) — A truck overturned in metro Atlanta, spilling tons of hams onto an interstate ramp.
- Dog that survived gassing headed to Rose Parade
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Things are coming up roses for a scrappy New Jersey beagle who survived a dog pound gas chamber.
- Fla. homeowner's group bans playing in street
LAKEWOOD RANCH, Fla. (AP) — A homeowner's association in Florida is prohibiting children from playing in the street.
- Idaho wildlife advocate pleads guilty to poaching
POCATELLO, Idaho (AP) — An outspoken critic of Idaho's phosphate industry and its deadly impact on some animals has pleaded guilty to poaching two elk.
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
SYDNEY (AP) — A tourist in Australia had to be rescued by police after plunging off a pier while browsing Facebook on her phone, officials said Wednesday.
- Man named Noel climbs Christmas tree in Conn. park
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut man named Noel who climbed a tree decorated with Christmas lights has been arrested.
- University of Md turtle mascot statue catches fire
COLLEGE PARK, Md. (AP) — University of Maryland police say finals-week offerings left around a statue of the school's mascot, Testudo, caught fire overnight, but the bronze terrapin is unharmed.
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. (AP) — Police say a woman applying for a job at a Delaware restaurant stole money from a tip jar.