- UK Treasury chief appeals for calm as companies eye move
LONDON (AP) — Britain's Treasury chief sought Monday to ease concerns about the vote to leave the European Union, saying the economy is as strong as it could be to face the uncertainty — even as a survey showed many companies are looking to move business out of the country.
- The Latest: Conservatives to have new leader by September 2
LONDON (AP) — The Latest on Britain's historic vote to leave the European Union (all times local):
- Stocks, pound fall again due to UK vote uncertainty
LONDON (AP) — European stocks and the pound fell further on Monday as concern grew over the potential economic costs of Britain's vote to bring its country, the world's fifth-largest economy, out of the European Union.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Supreme Court set to close out current term with 3 big cases
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court is set to close out its current term with opinions Monday in three remaining cases after a flurry of decisions last week.
- Trump emails: Can you spare $10 to help elect a billionaire?
WASHINGTON (AP) â The billionaire running for president now seeks to convince millions of Americans to give him money.
- Fading fishermen: A historic industry faces a warming world
SEABROOK, N.H. (AP) — The cod isn't just a fish to David Goethel. It's his identity, his ticket to middle-class life, his link to a historic industry.
- Iraqis suffer in desert camps after flight from Fallujah
AMIRIYAH AL-FALLUJAH, Iraq (AP) — Khaled Suliman Ahmed fled Fallujah in a wheelchair.
- Netanyahu: Deal with Turkey promotes 'stability' in Mideast
ROME (AP) — Israel and Turkey on Monday announced a reconciliation deal to end a bitter six-year rift between the Mideast powers.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt his legacy
Lionel Messi's surprising decision to stop playing for Argentina could damage his legacy with the national team and fans back home.
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
NEW YORK (AP) — The U.S. has selected its 12-player roster, led by Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony, that will try to win the Americans' third straight Olympic basketball gold medal.
- Muirfield plans another vote on admitting female members
GULLANE, Scotland (AP) — Muirfield intends to stage another vote on whether to admit female members after being stripped of its right to host the British Open.
- The Latest: Former runner-up Lisicki cruises into 2nd round
LONDON (AP) — The Latest on Wimbledon (all times local):
- Djokovic on Centre Court first at Wimbledon
LONDON (AP) — Novak Djokovic is ready to open his bid for a third straight Wimbledon title and fifth straight Grand Slam championship.
- Chile wins Copa; Messi misses, says he's quitting Argentina
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Lionel Messi put his penalty kick over the crossbar, grabbed his shirt, clenched his teeth and covered his face with both hands.