- Gunman's hashtag hinted at Texas plot
PHOENIX (AP) — About 20 minutes before the shooting at a Texas cartoon contest that featured images of the Prophet Muhammad, a final tweet posted on an account linked to one of the gunmen said: "May Allah accept us as mujahideen," or holy warriors.
- Latest GOP campaigns for White House star Hillary Clinton
HOPE, Arkansas (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton starred in two presidential campaign launches this week. Neither was her own.
- Report: Germanwings crash co-pilot tried descent previously
PARIS (AP) — The co-pilot of Germanwings Flight 4525 appeared to practice a controlled descent on his previous flight, two hours before he crashed the A320 jet into a mountainside in March, French air accident investigators said Wednesday.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- California regulators approve unprecedented water cutbacks
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California water regulators adopted sweeping, unprecedented restrictions on how people, governments and businesses can use water amid the state's ongoing drought, hoping to push reluctant residents to deeper conservation.
- Kerry says he'll discuss pause in Yemen war with Saudis
DJIBOUTI (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Wednesday he'll discuss with Saudi Arabian officials how to implement a "humanitarian pause" in Yemen's civil war, citing increased shortages of food, fuel and medicine that are adding to a crisis that has already caused thousands of people to flee to neighboring countries.
- Idaho officer fatally shot; man held after high-speed chase
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — A 26-year-old north Idaho man accused of fatally shooting a veteran police officer and stealing his patrol car has been ordered held on $2 million bail.
- Daimler's self-driving big rig makes big entrance in Nevada
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Its name is "Inspiration" and Daimler Trucks says it's the first ever self-driving semi-truck licensed to drive on public roads — in this case Nevada's highways — not only for testing, but business, too.
- Woman seeks rescue from boyfriend in online pizza order
AVON PARK, Fla. (AP) — A central Florida woman who says her boyfriend was holding her and her children hostage sent a secret message asking for help in an online pizza order.
- NFL linebacker due in court to face 'revenge porn' charges
ELIZABETH, N.J. (AP) — An NFL linebacker facing charges over "revenge porn" is scheduled to appear in a New Jersey courtroom Wednesday morning for a plea conference.
- Conley comes back, leads Grizzlies past Warriors 97-90
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The masked man came to the rescue for the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Backlund's OT goal lifts Flames over Ducks 4-3
CALGARY, Alberta (AP) — Mikael Backlund didn't need to see the biggest goal of his NHL career go in.
- With Wall out, Hawks beat Wizards 106-90 to even series 1-1
ATLANTA (AP) — Shortly before tipoff, the Atlanta Hawks learned that John Wall wouldn't be playing for the Washington Wizards in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
- Kane, Crawford carry Blackhawks past Wild 1-0 for 3-0 lead
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Patrick Kane has been playing like he never left. Corey Crawford has resolutely rebounded from being benched.
- LEADING OFF: Royals get Holland back, Scherzer seeking help
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues today: