- Greece looks to reopen bailout talks as euro future in doubt
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Greece and its membership in Europe's joint currency faced an uncertain future Monday, with the country under pressure to restart bailout talks with creditors as soon as possible after Greeks resoundingly rejected the notion of more austerity in exchange for aid.
- The Latest: Greeks defiant but worried after landmark vote
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — The latest on the fallout from the Greek referendum (all times local):
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- The Latest: Special bathroom awaits pope in Ecuadorean city
QUITO, Ecuador (AP) — Here are the latest developments from Pope Francis' trip to South America:
- South Carolina lawmakers return for Confederate flag debate
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — While it appears there is broad support in the South Carolina Legislature to bring down the Confederate flag, the depth of that support will get its first test this week as lawmakers return to Columbia to come up with a specific plan.
- Fraying family ties cut to heart of theater gunman's defense
CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) — They show up in court every day, a visible reminder to jurors that even a killer has parents who love him and who don't want him to die.
- Hard-hit Gaza neighborhood still trying to recover from war
SHIJAIYAH, Gaza Strip (AP) — After weeks of sharing cramped quarters with relatives during last year's war between Hamas and Israel, 39-year-old Mohammed al-Selek thought nothing of it when he heard the incoming roar of two mortar shells. But once a suffocating cloud of acrid smoke filled the stairwell, his heart sank — the family's home had been struck by Israeli fire.
- Carli Lloyd becomes Captain America for US women
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — For a brief time Sunday night, Carli Lloyd's Wikipedia page listed her position as "President of the United States."
- Serena beats Venus in 2 sets in 4th round at Wimbledon
LONDON (AP) — Serena Williams extended her mastery over big sister Venus, and kept alive her bid for Grand Slam history.
- Running of the bulls festival starts; crowd doused in wine
PAMPLONA, Spain (AP) — Thousands of revelers doused each other with wine Monday to celebrate the start of the famed San Fermin running of the bulls festival in this northern Spanish city.
- McIlroy ruptures ligament in ankle while playing soccer
LONDON (AP) — Rory McIlroy injured his left ankle while playing soccer, leaving the world's No. 1 player in doubt of defending his British Open title next week at St. Andrews.
- Earnhardt wins rain-delayed Daytona ahead of Dillon's crash
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A horrific last-lap accident that left drivers fearing for Austin Dillon's safety muted Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s victory in the rain-delayed race at Daytona International Speedway.
- The Latest: Radwanska advances to Wimbledon quarterfinals
LONDON (AP) — The Latest from Wimbledon (all times local):