- Trump gives more mixed signals in bipartisan health deal
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump sent more perplexing signals Wednesday about whether he backs a bipartisan Senate deal for steadying health insurance markets, saying he backs lawmakers' efforts to strike that compromise but "can never support" federal bailouts for insurers.
- IRS still enforcing Obama-era insurance mandate
WASHINGTON (AP) — Contrary to widespread perceptions, the IRS still appears to be enforcing the unpopular Obama-era requirement that most people carry health insurance or risk a fine.
- Xi urges stronger Chinese stand against 'grim' challenges
BEIJING (AP) — Chinese President Xi Jinping on Wednesday urged a reinvigorated Communist Party to take a stronger role in society and economic development to better address the nation's "grim" challenges as he opened a twice-a-decade national congress.
- Anthem will turn to CVS after troubled Express Scripts deal
Anthem has found a new partner to help run prescription drug coverage after the Blue Cross-Blue Shield insurer's rocky relationship with Express Scripts ends.
- Big question for US cities: Is Amazon's HQ2 worth the price?
WASHINGTON (AP) — Dozens of cities are working frantically to land Amazon's second headquarters, raising a weighty question with no easy answer:
- Amazon has brought benefits - and disruption - to Seattle
SEATTLE (AP) — Memo to the many places vying for Amazon's second headquarters: It ain't all food trucks and free bananas.
- US agency withdraws rule aimed at protecting animal farmers
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — The U.S. Department of Agriculture has killed a rule designed to protect the legal rights of farmers who raise chickens and hogs for the nation's largest meat processors.
- Blazes light up California pot farms ahead of legalization
GLEN ELLEN, Calif. (AP) — Desperate to see if wildfires had damaged his farm, Marcos Morales gunned his four-wheel-drive station wagon along the hidden dirt roads that crisscross Sonoma County vineyards.
- The Latest: States suing to force insurance subsidy payments
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump and health care legislation (all times local):
- Shell opens its first electric vehicle charging points
LONDON (AP) — Shell opened its first electric vehicle recharging points at three gas stations in Britain on Wednesday, part of the oil giant's efforts to respond to a global push toward zero-emission vehicles.