- China's coal consumption falls for 3rd year in a row
BEIJING (AP) — China's consumption of coal fell in 2016 for a third year in a row, official data showed Tuesday, as the world's top carbon polluter has emerged as a global leader in addressing global warming.
- Report: Uber exec out after failing to disclose allegation
NEW YORK (AP) — A top engineering executive at Uber, Amit Singhal, is out five weeks after his hire was announced. According to a report in the tech blog Recode, Singhal failed to disclose that he'd left his previous job at Google because of a sexual harassment allegation.
- Senate confirms billionaire investor as commerce secretary
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate on Monday confirmed billionaire investor Wilbur Ross as commerce secretary as President Donald Trump adds to his economic team.
- South Korean prosecutors to indict Samsung's de facto chief
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korean special prosecutors said they would indict Samsung's de facto chief Tuesday on bribery, embezzlement and other charges linked to a political scandal that has toppled President Park Geun-hye.
- Judge to hear arguments on Dakota Access oil pipeline work
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — A federal judge will hear arguments Tuesday about whether to stop the final bit of construction on the disputed Dakota Access pipeline, perhaps just days before it could start moving oil.
- Takata pleads guilty in air bag scandal, agrees to pay $1B
DETROIT (AP) — Japanese auto parts maker Takata Corp. pleaded guilty to fraud Monday and agreed to pay $1 billion in penalties for concealing an air bag defect blamed for at least 16 deaths, most of them in the U.S.
- World stocks edge higher before Trump speech, China congress
HONG KONG (AP) — World stocks eked out modest gains and the dollar weakened against the yen on Tuesday as investors awaited a speech by President Donald Trump to the U.S. Congress.
- Malaysian tycoon stresses over Vancouver project with Trump
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Malaysian property developer Tiah Joo Kim got way more than he bargained for when he signed a licensing deal to use the Trump brand on the Trump International Hotel and Tower that is opening this week in the Canadian city of Vancouver.
- The Latest: Judge: Higher fine wouldn't help Takata victims
DETROIT (AP) — The Latest on Takata's guilty plea in an investigation of dangerous air bag inflators (all times local):
- Saudi Aramco inks $7 billion deal for Malaysian oil venture
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Oil major Saudi Aramco has signed a $7 billion deal to take a 50 percent stake in a mega Malaysian oil refinery project, in a pact expected to help Saudi Arabia increase trade in Southeast Asia.