- Amazon courts food shoppers
NEW YORK (AP) — Amazon wants you to order your turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce online this Thanksgiving — its latest effort to make its Prime subscription service a central part of food shopping, much the way it's done for other consumer goods.
- Rising star: YouTube playing key role in Google's success
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — YouTube has emerged as a break-out star in Google's cast of services as the online video site upstages cable television for a younger generation of viewers looking for amusement, news and music on their smartphones.
- Twitter cuts staff, kills off Vine app amid pressure to grow
NEW YORK (AP) — Twitter, seemingly unable to find a buyer and losing money, is cutting about 9 percent of its employees worldwide.
- More changes await Twitter users as service tries to grow
NEW YORK (AP) — Twitter users are bound to see changes as the beleaguered service favored by journalists, celebrities, politicians and cranks tries to broaden its appeal and attract advertisers.
- Ford's 3Q profit falls on recall, truck launch
DEARBORN, Mich. (AP) — Troubles in Ford Motor Co.'s home market — including slowing U.S. sales, a massive recall and the difficult launch of new heavy-duty pickups — are hurting the company's bottom line.
- Health law consumers face least choice in program's history
WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans in the health insurance markets created by President Barack Obama's law will have less choice next year than any time since the program started, a new county-level analysis for The Associated Press has found.
- Online privacy may be boosted by new FCC data rules
NEW YORK (AP) — New privacy rules may make it easier to escape at least some online tracking.
- Apple adds keyboard touch functions to Mac in major refresh
CUPERTINO, Calif. (AP) — Apple's high-end Mac laptops are getting a touch control strip above the keyboard, part of a long-awaited update aimed at reviving interest in a product often overshadowed by newer gadgets like the iPad and iPhone.
- Altria to close 2 tobacco facilities affecting 580 workers
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Altria, the maker of Marlboro cigarettes, said Thursday that it will close manufacturing facilities in Pennsylvania and Illinois by early 2018, affecting about 580 workers.
- US charges 61 defendants in call center scam based in India
WASHINGTON (AP) — It can be a frightening call to get — and it's a familiar one for many Americans.