- Art houses program protest as '1984' heads back to theaters
NEW YORK (AP) — On Tuesday, it will be "1984" again in movie theaters across the country.
- Philadelphia Museum breaks ground on Gehry-led expansion
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The Philadelphia Museum of Art has broken ground on a $196 million expansion project led by world-renowned architect Frank Gehry.
- Cosby prosecutors seek to use talk of quaaludes, Spanish fly
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Prosecutors preparing to try actor Bill Cosby on sexual-assault charges want to use not only his explosive deposition testimony about getting quaaludes to give to women before sex but also his riffs on trying to slip women the supposed aphrodisiac Spanish fly.
- Burglars of a feather 'flock' together in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The gang members start their days in the impoverished neighborhoods of South Los Angeles, but their real work begins in some of the city's wealthiest enclaves.
- Ex-Power Ranger sentenced to 6 years in fatal stabbing
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A former actor who played one of television's "Power Rangers" was sentenced Thursday to six years in prison for stabbing his roommate to death with a sword two years ago.
- Review: Dazzling 'Ghost in the Shell' is lost in translation
"I've been having glitches," Scarlett Johansson's part-human, mostly cyborg robot says in "The Ghost in the Shell." "It will pass."
- Missing 'La La Land'? 'The Greatest Showman' is coming
LAS VEGAS (AP) — 'City of Stars' might still be stuck in your head, but the Oscar-winning 'La La Land' songwriting duo Benj Pasek and Justin Paul already have another big screen musical on the horizon: "The Greatest Showman" starring Hugh Jackman as P.T. Barnum.
- Amazon celebrates theaters, previews Haynes' 'Wonderstruck'
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Amazon Studios might have a streaming component, but executives say the company is fully committed to the theatrical experience.
- With 'Formation' and 'Black Beatles,' Mike WiLL has made it
ATLANTA (AP) — Whenever Mike WiLL Made-It receives any praise for his work on Beyonce's anthemic "Formation," he thinks about all of the people who doubted he would ever work with the Grammy-winning pop star.
- FBI recovers Rockwell painting stolen in New Jersey in 1976
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The FBI has recovered a 1919 Norman Rockwell painting stolen more than 40 years ago from a New Jersey home.