- Why Ryan Reynolds says he's a dangerous poker player
PARK CITY, Utah (AP) — Ryan Reynolds and Ben Mendelsohn ventured deep into the heart of America to film the gambling drama "Mississippi Grind," a gritty, 70s-style road trip movie about two near-strangers travelling from Dubuque, Iowa to New Orleans.
- Melissa Rivers files lawsuit in mother Joan Rivers' death
NEW YORK (AP) — While Joan Rivers lay sedated in a Manhattan clinic, her doctors performed unauthorized medical procedures, snapped a selfie with the comedian and failed to act as her vital signs deteriorated, according to a malpractice lawsuit filed Monday by her daughter, Melissa.
- Sundance Watch: 'Cobain' premieres, women talk Hollywood
PARK CITY, Utah (AP) — The Associated Press is all over the Sundance Film Festival, from its premieres to the Hollywood glitz. Here's what they've seen and heard:
- McCain gives thumbs up to 'American Sniper' movie
WASHINGTON (AP) — The chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee says critics of U.S. foreign policy are disparaging the movie, "American Sniper" and denigrating the memory of Chris Kyle, the U.S. serviceman depicted in the film.
- Sundance First Look: New doc goes inside Kurt Cobain's head
PARK CITY, Utah (AP) — "Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck," a fiery, evocative and deeply felt look at one of rock's most misunderstood and tragic figures, presents a portrait of a man and an artist in despair with the aid of never-before-seen home videos, personal notes and archival footage.
- A murder at the edge of the world takes 'Fortitude' to crack
NEW YORK (AP) — A sick child. Buried treasure. A bit of wiggle room in honoring wedding vows. An all-important tourist project suddenly imperiled. Plus polar bears that outnumber humans, which means everyone (kids included) totes a rifle just in case.
- Petty earns writing credit for Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me'
NEW YORK (AP) — Tom Petty has earned a writing credit on Sam Smith's megahit "Stay With Me" for its similarities to his song "I Won't Back Down."
- Broadway theaters shutter as snowstorm blasts New York City
NEW YORK (AP) — Broadway theaters are shuttering as a snowstorm blasts Times Square.
- 'American Sniper' maintains lead position at box office
LOS ANGELES (AP) — "American Sniper" continued to stay in moviegoers' sights.
- Kate Hudson reveals derriere at Versace, Portman hits Dior
PARIS (AP) — At Paris' high-octane couture week, what happens on the catwalk is only half the story.