- Charlotte police free partial shooting video, doubts remain
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Newly released police video of a black man's fatal shooting, sought by protesters for days, isn't settling questions about whether the man threatened police with a gun before he was felled by a black officer.
- Suspect in Washington shooting 'zombie-like' when arrested
BURLINGTON, Wash. (AP) — The 20-year-old suspect in the deadly Washington state mall shooting said nothing and appeared "zombie-like" when he was arrested by authorities nearly 24 hours into an intense manhunt, authorities said.
- The Latest: Report: Suspect faces domestic-violence charges
BURLINGTON, Wash. (AP) — The Latest on a fatal shooting at a mall in Washington state (all times local):
- As Clinton focuses on debate, Trump says he'd champion women
ROANOKE, Va. (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is arguing that he'll do more to help women from the White House than Democratic rival Hillary Clinton. At the same time, he's taunting her over the infidelities of her husband.
- Things to Know about deadly shootings at mall in Washington
BURLINGTON, Wash. (AP) — Authorities arrested a suspect Saturday evening in in the slayings of five people in the makeup department of a Macy's store at a mall north of Seattle. Here are things to know about the shooting and the investigation:
- Doubts remain after Charlotte police shooting video released
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Charlotte police released dramatic video Saturday that shows officers with guns drawn surrounding a black man with his hands at his side before shots are fired and he buckles and falls. It's unclear if there was anything in the man's hands in the footage, which has done little to assuage his relatives.
- Black history finds home on National Mall with new museum
WASHINGTON (AP) — Black history officially has a new, prominent place in America's story.
- Syrian troops advance in Aleppo amid war's heaviest bombing
BEIRUT (AP) — Syrian troops captured a rebel-held area on the edge of Aleppo on Saturday, tightening their siege on opposition-held neighborhoods in the northern city after what residents described as the heaviest air bombardment of the 5 ½-year civil war.
- Ted Cruz calls his decision to back Trump 'agonizing'
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Ted Cruz appears uncomfortable defending the man he says he'll vote for in November, Donald Trump.
- Baltimore Police: 3 gunmen shoot, wound 8 in attack
BALTIMORE (AP) — Three gunmen shot and wounded eight people including a 3-year-old girl on an east Baltimore street Saturday night, police said, adding the suspects fled and the victims were all expected to survive.