- Trump expected to tap Exxon's Tillerson to lead State Dept.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President-elect Donald Trump moved closer to nominating Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson as his secretary of State on Saturday, a decision that would bring a business leader with close ties to Russia into the Cabinet.
- Trump team challenges intel on Russian election influence
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump's presidential transition team on Saturday challenged the veracity of U.S. intelligence assessments that Russia was trying to tip the November election to the Republican. A top Senate Democrat demanded a full congressional investigation.
- More than 30 dead as tanker rams into vehicles on Kenya road
NAIVASHA, Kenya (AP) — A runaway tanker carrying volatile gas slammed into other vehicles and burst into flames on a major road in Kenya, killing at least 33 people and injuring 10, officials said early Sunday.
- Twin blasts near Istanbul soccer stadium kill 29 , wound 166
ISTANBUL (AP) — Twin attacks by a suicide bomber and a car bomber near an Istanbul soccer stadium Saturday night killed 29 people and wounded 166 others in the latest large-scale assault to traumatize a nation confronting an array of security threats.
- At least 60 killed as crowded church collapses in Nigeria
LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — The roof of a crowded church collapsed onto worshippers in southern Nigeria on Saturday, killing at least 60 people, witnesses and an official said.
- Islamic State militants re-enter Syria's historic Palmyra
BEIRUT (AP) — Islamic State militants re-entered the historic city of Palmyra in central Syria on Saturday for the first time since they were expelled by Syrian and Russian forces nine months ago.
- KKK, other racist groups disavow the white supremacist label
PELHAM, N.C. (AP) — In today's racially charged environment, there's a label that even the KKK disavows: white supremacy.
- Non-OPEC oil producers to cut output 558,000 barrels a day
VIENNA (AP) — OPEC has persuaded 11 non-members to cut oil production, a move aimed at draining a worldwide oil glut and boosting low prices that have squeezed government finances in Russia and Saudi Arabia.
- Dylan expresses awe over Nobel Prize, alludes to Shakespeare
STOCKHOLM (AP) — Bob Dylan has expressed awe at receiving the Nobel Prize in literature and thanked the Swedish Academy for including him among the "giants" of writing.
- Lousiville's Lamar Jackson wins Heisman Trophy
NEW YORK (AP) — Lamar Jackson was trying to remember the last time he cried. He was pretty sure it involved losing a little league football game.