- German police rescue men tangled up with mannequin, toy car
BERLIN (AP) — Police in western Germany have freed two men who became entangled with a mannequin and a large, remote controlled car.
- Skier lost in New York doesn't know how he got to California
WILMINGTON, N.Y. (AP) — Police on Wednesday were trying to piece together how a 49-year-old skier whose disappearance sparked a massive search on a snowy New York mountainside ended up six days later in California, confused and still in ski clothes.
- Love on the rocks: Penguins celebrating Valentine's Day
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Penguins are looking for love with big red hearts at a San Francisco aquarium.
- Is Maryland ready to rid 'Northern scum' from state song?
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — Maryland lawmakers who support changing the official state song think the time is right to finally wipe away "Northern scum" and other sensitive pre-Civil War phrases.
- Dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
BANGOR, Maine (AP) — The director of a Maine day care says cookies dropped off by a parent as a Valentine's Day treat left about dozen staff members feeling high.
- 'Unseen' museum exhibit to depict glow-in-the-dark creatures
NEW YORK (AP) — Feel as though you're in the dark when it comes to the underwater world?
- San Francisco firefighters rescue 2 dogs from cliff
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — It's usually cats in trees that need a firefighter's help but not Friday, when two dogs were rescued by San Francisco firefighters after sliding halfway down a cliff.
- Fries, not flowers: Fast-food chains try to lure valentines
NEW YORK (AP) — Is that love in the air or french fries? White Castle, KFC and other fast-food restaurants are trying to lure sweethearts for Valentine's Day.
- NYC woman stood up by mystery man described in huge mural
NEW YORK (AP) — It wasn't meant to be for a New York City woman seeking a mystery missed connection via a 20-foot mural asking him to meet her on Valentine's Day.
- 100 pizzas and counting: German police probe pizza stalker
BERLIN (AP) — German police are investigating a case of severe pizza stalking in the western town of Dortmund.