- Amid North Korea crisis, Pence becomes Trump emissary abroad
SYDNEY (AP) — As tensions rose on the Korean peninsula, U.S. Vice President Mike Pence, who has President Donald Trump's trust but little diplomatic experience to go with it, became the top American official headed to the region after North Korea again failed to successfully launch a ballistic missile.
- Trump sons take helm of company, eye domestic expansion
NEW YORK (AP) — Apprentices no more, Eric and Donald Trump Jr. are now at the helm of the Trump Organization and adjusting to the reality presented by their father's presidency. They're eyeing ways to use the new lease on the family fame by expanding the brand into parts of the United States that embrace him.
- Advocates fan out in global show of support for science
WASHINGTON (AP) — The world saw brain power take a different form Saturday.
- Global finance leaders dodge conflict with Trump White House
WASHINGTON (AP) — Global finance leaders sought to avoid conflict with the Trump administration over trade and environmental policy and welcomed signs the world economy is pulling out of the doldrums.
- Trump Health Dept. dismisses Obama appointed surgeon general
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration has relieved Dr. Vivek Murthy of his duties as U.S. Surgeon General.
- Trump tells 'dreamers' to rest easy, targets criminals
WASHINGTON (AP) — Young immigrants brought to the U.S. as children and now in the country illegally can "rest easy," President Donald Trump says, telling the "dreamers" they will not be targets for deportation under his immigration policies.
- Pentagon chief visits African nation home to key US base
DJIBOUTI (AP) — U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis on Sunday visited Djibouti to bolster ties with the tiny and impoverished African country that is home to an important base for U.S. counterterrorism forces, including drones.
- AP FACT CHECK: When Trump takes credit and assigns blame
WASHINGTON (AP) — One of the most consistent features of President Donald Trump's public statements is his drive to take credit and assign blame. It's a tendency that consistently lands him in trouble with history, either recent or long ago, and has been on display as he approaches his 100th day in office.
- Trump says he'll mark 100 days with Pennsylvania rally
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says he'll mark his 100th day in office with a "BIG" rally in Pennsylvania.
- Ryan: Russian election meddling probe will help US allies
TALLINN, Estonia (AP) — One of the reasons the U.S. Congress has launched an investigation into Russia's alleged meddling in the 2016 U.S. election is to "prevent the same kind of thing happening" to its NATO and other allies, U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan said Saturday.