- Boy, 9, injured after hit in head at baseball game
WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — A 9-year-old bat boy is hospitalized after being hit in the head during a National Baseball Congress World Series game.
- Sjostrom and Hosszu set world marks at swim championships
KAZAN, Russia (AP) — The women are getting it done at the world swimming championships.
- What's going on with American Pharoah after Haskell win
OCEANPORT, N.J. (AP) — When the music played about 10 minutes before the start of the Haskell Invitational, there was no way American Pharoah could lose.
- Ramirez tries vault, tagged out in 9th; Chisox fall to Rays
CHICAGO (AP) — Alexei Ramirez made a valiant effort, that's for sure.
- Beltre has 3rd career cycle for Rangers
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Adrian Beltre had his third career cycle Monday night, becoming the first major league player since the 1930s to accomplish that feat.
- Hessman sets minor league HR record with No. 433
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Call him the real-life Crash Davis.
- Packers TE Quarless loses daughter at birth
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Green Bay Packers tight end Andrew Quarless revealed Monday he missed the first two days of training camp because his daughter died at birth last week.
- Cespedes hits 3 doubles, Mets top Marlins, take NL East lead
MIAMI (AP) — The New York Mets acquired Yoenis Cespedes last week, hoping he would be a big hit in the middle of their lineup.
- Mariota collides with scout during Titans' night practice
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Marcus Mariota gave the Tennessee Titans a momentary scare Monday night when he scrambled and ran to the sideline where he crashed into a scout.
- Price dominant in Toronto debut, Jays beat Twins 5-1
TORONTO (AP) — David Price was blown away by the reception he got in his Toronto debut.