- Bigger, faster, stronger? Not everybody at spring training
PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) — Big and bloated or slim and sleek, plenty of big league players showed up to spring training this year looking nothing like they did last season.
- Holmes ties a record and builds a 4-shot lead at Doral
DORAL, Fla. (AP) — J.B. Holmes said one thing. His score said another.
- Hunter Pence breaks arm in Giants' win over Cubs
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) — San Francisco outfielder Hunter Pence broke his left forearm and will be sidelined six to eight weeks after being hit by a pitch in the sixth inning of the Giants' 8-6 victory over a Chicago Cubs split-squad Thursday.
- Warm weather forced Iditarod farther north
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Much of the start of the world's most famous sled dog race is covered in barren gravel, forcing Iditarod organizers to move the start further north where there is snow and ice.
- E'Twaun Moore lifts Bulls past Westbrook, Thunder
CHICAGO (AP) — E'Twaun Moore finished off Russell Westbrook and the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- MORNING RUNDOWN: MJ streak safe; Cadillac round for Holmes
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming games and the stories that will be talked about:
- Your Top Plays for Today
Your Top Plays for Today: AP's Sports Guide
- Portland's Matthews ruptures Achilles, out for season
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Trail Blazers guard Wesley Matthews ruptured his left Achilles tendon in Portland's game against Dallas on Thursday night and is out for the season.
- An ocean away, Pacquiao's trainer makes some noise from afar
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Armed guards patrolling the gym where Manny Pacquiao trains. Stealthy attempts to disrupt Pacquiao's sparring. And a bit of trash talking just to spice things up two months before the big fight.
- Year after rule changes, men's basketball back to old form
CINCINNATI (AP) — One year after the NCAA changed how rules were enforced to open up the game, men's basketball looks a lot like it once did.