- NFL doctor sends strong response to House report
SEATTLE (AP) — The co-chairman of the NFL's head, neck and spine committee has sent a letter to Congress stressing that he was not contacted during a government study on the link between football and brain disease.
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host Super Bowls
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The NFL awarded Super Bowls to Atlanta, Miami and Los Angeles, three cities that made significant financial investments in new stadiums or recently upgraded an existing one.
- Derby winner Nyquist is sick and won't run in Belmont
NEW YORK (AP) — So much for a rematch in the Belmont Stakes.
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena Williams in Paris
PARIS (AP) — Even before Serena Williams quickly and easily seized control of her first-round match Tuesday, things were shaping up rather well for her at the French Open.
- Pirates pitcher Vogelsong dealing multiple facial fractures
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Ryan Vogelsong remains hospitalized with swelling and multiple facial fractures, a day after the veteran took a 92 mph fastball to the head from Colorado pitcher Jordan Lyles.
- Blues go back to goalie Brian Elliott for Game 6
ST. LOUIS (AP) — The St. Louis Blues are going back to goaltender Brian Elliott for Game 6 of the Western Conference finals against the San Jose Sharks.
- ON BASKETBALL: Green's history may have helped him
MIAMI (AP) — Draymond Green has a history, and in this case it seems to have been helpful.
- Column: McGregor vs Mayweather, a freak show with precedent
The freak show that Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Connor McGregor are talking about will almost surely never happen, and for that anyone who would even consider opening their wallet to pay for it should be grateful.
- Concussion group says ex-NFL player Bubba Smith had CTE
BOSTON (AP) — Former NFL defensive end Bubba Smith was diagnosed with the brain disease CTE by researchers after his death, the Concussion Legacy Foundation said Monday.
- Sailors' nightmare in Rio Olympics: plastic bags, trash
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — If you're the head of world sailing, this is your worst Olympic nightmare.