- Popovich, Ginobili reflect on their rocky start
On a January night in Indiana more than a decade ago, 26-year-old Manu Ginobili was sitting on the floor near the end of the San Antonio Spurs bench as coach Gregg Popovich walked toward him.
- RG3 benched: Redskins to start Colt McCoy vs. Indy
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) — Robert Griffin III mingled in the locker room and made small talk about shoes and food.
- Rivalry week will be last stand for some coaches
Will Muschamp knows he will be coaching his last game for Florida this weekend.
- No. 3 Arizona edges No. 15 SDSU for Maui title
LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP) — Stanley Johnson had shown glimpses of his precocious talent during Arizona's first five games, occasionally showing up on the highlight reels with a soaring dunk or blocked shot.
- US cities urged to keep price tags down for 2024
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — The magic number for the U.S. cities hoping to host the 2024 Olympics is $5 billion.
- Football feast heavy on playoff implications
Rivalries are like a big Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings — oh so appetizing but with the potential to leave you feeling sick and sleepy.
- Rebirth of ground game has teams running wild
There goes Melvin Gordon, ripping off another long run. And there's Samaje Perine piling up yards in punishing fashion. Oh, look, here comes Tevin Coleman — and there he goes, sprinting away from a bunch of flailing defenders.
- Butler knocks off No. 5 North Carolina, 74-66
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas (AP) — Butler's shooting numbers were awful. And it didn't matter.
- AP source: Tomas in process of deal with Arizona
Cuban outfielder Yasmany Tomas is in the process of agreeing to a $68.5 million, six-year contract with the Arizona Diamondbacks, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.
- Gilbert, Chattanooga stun No. 4 Lady Vols 67-63
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — Chattanooga's Jim Foster — a Hall of Fame coach and wine aficionado — watched his team deliver a vintage performance on the eve of Thanksgiving.