- Orioles' game in Baltimore postponed due to safety concerns
BALTIMORE (AP) — The Baltimore Orioles' home game against the Chicago White Sox was postponed Monday night because of safety concerns after riots broke out near Camden Yards following the funeral of Freddie Gray.
- Bucks avoid elimination again, beat Bulls 94-88 in Game 5
CHICAGO (AP) — Michael Carter-Williams had 22 points and eight assists, Khris Middleton scored 21 points, and the Milwaukee Bucks avoided elimination again with a 94-88 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Monday night in Game 5 of their first-round playoff series.
- Nets beat Hawks behind 35 from Williams, tie series at 2-2
NEW YORK (AP) — Deron Williams finally delivered the game that's expected of him, and he wasn't going to let the Nets lose it.
- Kuznetsov's goal leads Capitals past Isles 2-1 in Game 7
WASHINGTON (AP) — Unburdened by the catastrophes of past Game 7s littering the Washington Capitals' playoff history, rookie Evgeny Kuznetsov delivered a breathtaking, series-clinching goal that got Alex Ovechkin's seal of approval.
- Johnson scores 2, Lightning beat Detroit 5-2 to force Game 7
DETROIT (AP) — With two splendid passes and a shot, the Tampa Bay Lightning covered the length of the ice in about six seconds — and offered their response to the laborious nature of the playoff grind.
- Cavaliers move on without Love, out with dislocated shoulder
CLEVELAND (AP) — The Cavaliers will move forward in the NBA playoffs without Kevin Love and with their title hopes shaken.
- Hamilton traded back to Texas after troubled Angels stint
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Josh Hamilton is back with the Texas Rangers after two troubled seasons with the Los Angeles Angels filled with poor performance, injuries and an alcohol and drug relapse.
- Cards ace Adam Wainwright out for season with torn Achilles
ST. LOUIS (AP) — The tests results were no surprise. Before Adam Wainwright left the field in Milwaukee, the St. Louis Cardinals anticipated they'd be losing their staff ace for the season.
- Dodgers pitcher McCarthy out for season with elbow injury
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dodgers pitcher Brandon McCarthy will miss the rest of the season with a torn elbow ligament, creating a hole in the middle of the rotation for a Los Angeles team with World Series aspirations.
- 2-time plane crash survivor Austin Hatch now student aide
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — The highlights from Austin Hatch's first season at Michigan still resonate, even as he gives up his playing role on the basketball team.