- The Latest: Nishikori advances to 3rd round at Wimbledon
LONDON (AP) — The Latest on Wimbledon (all times local):
- 5 Americans advance in early play on Day 4 at Wimbledon
LONDON (AP) — Five American players picked up victories at Wimbledon on Thursday as the tournament scrambled to get back on schedule after two days of bad weather.
- The Latest: Abbey Weitzeil top qualifier for 100M freestyle
The Latest on the Olympics ahead of the Rio Games (all times local to Rio):
- There's a youth movement underway in US track
EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — Possible new slogan for the U.S. Olympic track team: Higher, Faster, Younger.
- NBA free agency just hours away and all eyes are on Durant
Miami President Pat Riley is a big fan of the symbolic 12:01 a.m. phone call to his team's top targets. San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich says he would rather be sleeping at that moment. And more than $1 billion in deals will likely be hammered out in the next couple of days alone.
- NHL free agent pool is deep even without Stamkos
The big fish is gone, so now teams will circle around the other targets when NHL free agency opens Friday.
- For Michael Phelps, the 5th Olympics may mean the most yet
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Michael Phelps surged to the wall, and then whipped around to spot his time.
- US swimmers using therapy dogs to relax before races
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Kacey Oberlander is missing her dogs back home, and she's more than a little stressed competing in the high-pressure environment at the U.S. Olympic swimming trials.
- Who's new on the US Olympic swimming team for Rio
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Michael Phelps wondered whether the younger generation of swimmers is ready to fill his very large shoes. The 18-time Olympic champion is finding out that, yes, the new kids are all right.
- Ailing hip leaves Lolo out of Olympic trials
EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — Looking for a Lolo Jones fix? Don't look in Rio this year.