- LeBron's triple-double helps Cavs top Hawks in thriller
CLEVELAND (AP) — LeBron James shook off an atrocious shooting start and withstood Atlanta's gritty comeback to record a triple-double, and the Cleveland Cavaliers moved within one win of the NBA Finals by beating the Hawks 114-111 in overtime on Sunday night to take a 3-0 series lead.
- Juan's World! Montoya beats Power for second Indy 500 win
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — His career at a crossroads, his confidence shot, Juan Pablo Montoya received a lifeline from The Captain.
- The Latest: Carl Edwards wins NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600
The Associated Press covers the biggest day in motorsports, from Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix to the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600. The latest from the tracks:
- Carl Edwards races to first victory for new JGR team
CONCORD, N.C. (AP) — Even a master strategist like Joe Gibbs wasn't sure his team made the right call.
- Stamkos has goal and assist, Lightning beat Rangers 2-0
NEW YORK (AP) — Scoring goals made the Tampa Bay Lightning one of the NHL's most entertaining teams this season. Playing defense for the first time in three games has them within a victory of the Stanley Cup finals for the second time in franchise history.
- Golden State Warriors 1 win away from NBA Finals
HOUSTON (AP) — Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors aren't worried about a letdown in Game 4 after taking a 3-0 lead over the Houston Rockets in the Western Conference finals.
- AP Source: Adrian Peterson tells coach he won't be at OTAs
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Vikings will open their optional team practices this week without Adrian Peterson.
- Federer 'not happy' about on-court fan's French Open selfie
PARIS (AP) — Roger Federer was not amused.
- FRENCH OPEN LOOKAHEAD: American teen Tiafoe makes Slam debut
PARIS (AP) — When Frances Tiafoe steps on Court 5 at the French Open for his Grand Slam main-draw debut Monday, he'll be the first 17-year-old American man to play in the clay-court tournament since 1989, when a couple of guys named Pete Sampras and Michael Chang did it.
- Rangers beat Yanks 5-2 for New York's 10th loss in 11 games
NEW YORK (AP) — Adam Rosales hit a two-run homer off Chris Capuano that bounced off the top of the left-field wall, Yovani Gallardo won for the second time since mid-April and the Texas Rangers sent the New York Yankees to their 10th loss in 11 games with a 5-2 victory Sunday night.