- Judge's NFL bashing skips judgment of Brady in 'Deflategate'
NEW YORK (AP) — A judge's ruling freeing New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to play football erased his four-game suspension but failed to address the root question of the "Deflategate" scandal: What did Brady know about a plot to deflate balls before January's AFC championship game?
- Pats coach Belichick on having Brady back: 'He never left'
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Like every game, Patriots coach Bill Belichick says he's focused on his next opponent. But he doesn't feel like he's got a new edge with star quarterback Tom Brady able to play in the season opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Serena Williams' comeback extends Grand Slam try at US Open
NEW YORK (AP) — Can't count out Serena Williams, no matter how big the deficit, no matter how off-target her strokes, no matter how much the pressure might be mounting as she bids for a calendar-year Grand Slam.
- Latest on US Open: Serena rallies to beat Mattek-Sands in 3
NEW YORK (AP) — The latest on the U.S. Open (all times local):
- Eagles clear spot for Tebow, trading Barkley to Cardinals
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Tim Tebow made Matt Barkley expendable.
- Column: Football should be Xs and Os, not proselytizing
ATLANTA (AP) — A football season begins, and with it comes religion on the gridiron.
- Day, Spieth rolling in opposite directions at TPC Boston
NORTON, Mass. (AP) — Brendon de Jonge described his opening round Friday at the Deutsche Bank Championship as coming out of nowhere. Jordan Spieth's start — his third straight round over par — was becoming far too familiar for him.
- Mets have no plans to shut pitcher Matt Harvey down
MIAMI (AP) — The New York Mets plan for Matt Harvey to keep pitching as long as they keep playing.
- Davis homers twice again, passes Cruz for ML lead
TORONTO (AP) — Baltimore Orioles slugger Chris Davis has homered twice against the Toronto Blue Jays on Friday night and has five homers in his last eight at-bats to overtake Seattle's Nelson Cruz for the major league lead.
- Week 1: How will quarterback competitions conclude?
An offseason spent analyzing quarterback competitions comes to a conclusion this weekend as college football season starts with all behind center.