- New Apple headquarters to have theater named for Steve Jobs
CUPERTINO, Calif. (AP) — Apple has announced that its new headquarters will open for employees in the spring and will include a theater named for its late co-founder, Steve Jobs.
- Amazon resists request for Echo info in Arkansas slaying
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Amazon is resisting an effort by Arkansas prosecutors to obtain potential recordings from a slaying suspect's Amazon Echo smart speaker, saying authorities haven't established that their investigation is more important than a customer's privacy rights.
- Study: Technology trouble dents car and truck reliability
DETROIT (AP) — Technology glitches including Bluetooth phone pairing and misunderstood voice commands put a dent in car and truck reliability scores in a major survey of automobile owners.
- High court ruling limits international reach of patent laws
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Wednesday sided with California-based Life Technologies Corp. in a patent infringement case that limits the international reach of U.S. patent laws.
- Yahoo salvages Verizon deal with $350 million discount
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Yahoo is taking a $350 million hit on its previously announced $4.8 billion sale to Verizon in a concession for security lapses that exposed personal information stored in more than 1 billion Yahoo user accounts.
- Online options for Oscar-nominated flicks expand Tuesday
NEW YORK (AP) — More movies and cheaper options arrive online Tuesday for movie fans still needing to catch up on Oscar-nominated flicks.
- Uber to investigate sexual harassment claim by engineer
LONDON (AP) — Uber's chief executive ordered an investigation Monday into a sexual-harassment claim made by a female engineer who said her prospects at the company evaporated after she complained about advances from her boss.
- AP, other media ask judge to order release of iPhone records
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Associated Press and two other news organizations asked a judge Monday to force the federal government to reveal how much it paid for a tool to unlock an iPhone used by one of the San Bernardino, California, shooters.
- Italy cabbies clash with riot police during strike over Uber
ROME (AP) — Thousands of Italian taxi drivers protesting legislation they say will favor Uber clashed with riot police Tuesday, intensifying a weeklong cab strike that has crippled transportation in Rome, Milan and Turin.
- Historic Manhattan cathedral activates eco-friendly power
NEW YORK (AP) — The historic St. Patrick's Cathedral in Manhattan has activated a geothermal plant — part of a series of environmentally friendly upgrades.