- The Latest: Clinton camp: Nomination Tues will make history
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The Latest on the Democratic National Convention (all times EDT):
- Sanders urges fans to rally behind Clinton as DNC heats up
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Sen. Bernie Sanders urged supporters to rally behind Hillary Clinton at the Democratic convention, but ardent followers who marched for hours in punishing heat Monday and planned to do so again seemed intent on keeping his upstart campaign alive.
- Mom: Warning didn't keep slain son safe at Florida nightclub
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — Stephanie White clutched a stack of photos while sitting in a chair in her home. The television was on, loud, and turned to the local news. A story came on about the mass shooting at a nightclub that took her baby's life.
- Former Oregon lumber town rides digital wave to a comeback
PRINEVILLE, Oregon (AP) — It was not long ago that Crook County had five major lumber mills. Timber was king, and the rural Oregon county was the nation's top producer of ponderosa lumber.
- Evacuees return but huge California wildfire still raging
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (AP) — Most of the roughly 20,000 evacuees forced out by a wildfire were cleared to go home, but firefighters still have huge work ahead Tuesday in taming a massive wildfire northwest of Los Angeles.
- Shutting down 'shark finning': US fishermen promise a fight
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — American fishermen are digging in for a fight over a congressional proposal to send a message to the rest of the world by shutting down the vestiges of the U.S. harvest of shark fins, prized for soup and traditional medicine in Asia.
- Miami mother tells court missing toddler is dead
MIAMI (AP) — Miami police are continuing to search for a missing 2-year-old, even though the child's mother has told a judge that the child died.
- Craft breweries try to stand out with creative tap handles
RANDOM LAKE, Wis. (AP) — Cone heads, zombies, beards, bananas — they are some of the creative beer tap handles that have become a big business as the number of craft breweries has skyrocketed.
- Wish granted: Six-year-old boy will be garbage man for a day
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Ethan Dean will be living his dream on Tuesday.
- Judge set to decide on $15B Volkswagen settlement
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A $15 billion settlement over Volkswagen's diesel emissions cheating scandal faced a critical test, as a federal judge decided whether to grant it preliminary approval.