- Pilots in helium-filled balloon land safely in Mexico
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Two pilots in a helium-filled balloon landed safely off the coast of Mexico early Saturday after an audacious, nearly 7,000-mile-long trip across the Pacific Ocean that shattered two long-standing records for ballooning.
- Hatfields, McCoys make moonshine legally in southern W.Va.
GILBERT, W.Va. (AP) — After generations of bootlegging, direct descendants of the Hatfields have teamed up with the McCoy name to produce legal moonshine in southern West Virginia with the state's blessing — the start of a new legacy for the families made famous for their 19th-century feud.
- AP Interview: NYC mayor says he has moved past police crisis
NEW YORK (AP) — Weeks removed from an open revolt from his own police force that had officers turning their backs on him, Mayor Bill de Blasio now declares he has moved past the rift, striking a tenuous truce with a strategy to stay above the fray and public opinion that eventually soured on the cops' behavior.
- Whitney Houston's daughter found unresponsive in tub
ATLANTA (AP) — The daughter of late singer and entertainer Whitney Houston was found unresponsive in a bathtub Saturday and taken to a hospital in the north Atlanta suburbs, police said.
- Drivers: Return to your dealers for a 2nd air bag recall fix
NEW YORK (AP) — Drivers, bring your vehicles back to the shop for more work on faulty air bags.
- Up to foot of snow possible for Midwest, Northeast
A storm gathering steam over the southern Rockies is expected to dump up to a foot of snow on parts of the Midwest and perhaps even more on Boston, which is still recovering from a winter walloping it received just a few days ago. It's also bad news for those planning to drive to Super Bowl parties.
- Letter with suspicious powder received at Samaritan's Purse
BOONE, N.C. (AP) — The FBI says it is investigating a suspicious letter containing white powder that was sent to the headquarters of the Samaritan's Purse charity in western North Carolina.
- Attorney: Video exists of 'Suge' Knight in deadly run-in
LOS ANGELES (AP) — An attorney for Marion "Suge" Knight says there's video of an incident in which the hip-hop music mogul hit two men with his pickup truck, killing one.
- Just whose Internet is it? New federal rules may answer that
WASHINGTON (AP) — Whose Internet is it anyway?
- Things to know about the Boston Marathon bombing trial
BOSTON (AP) — Jury selection in the federal death penalty trial of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is heading into its second month as Judge George O'Toole Jr. continues the process of questioning prospective jurors individually to find 18 people who can be fair and impartial. Here is a look at what's happened so far and a look ahead: