- Assembly to consider 20-week abortion ban in special session
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The Wisconsin Assembly has voted to take up bills that would ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy and repeal Wisconsin's prevailing wage for construction workers, as well as state budget votes, in a special legislative session.
- AP-CA--California News Digest, CA
Hello! Here's a look at how AP's general news coverage is shaping up in California. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the AP-Los Angeles bureau at 213-626-1200, firstname.lastname@example.org, or to the AP-San Francisco bureau at 415-495-1708, email@example.com. Christopher Weber is on the news desk for Los Angeles followed by Robert Jablon. Janie Har is in San Francisco.
- Figures on government spending and debt
WASHINGTON (AP) — Figures on government spending and debt (last six digits are eliminated). The government's fiscal year runs Oct. 1 through Sept. 30.
- Military recruits still not using American-made sneakers
BOSTON (AP) — New Balance thinks the U.S. military is dragging its feet.
- Iran to US: Nuke deal could result in joint cooperation
VIENNA (AP) — In a message to Washington, Iran's foreign minister on Friday called for an end to "coercion and pressure" at the nuclear talks, suggesting a deal acceptable to his country will open the door to cooperation on fighting the upsurge of Middle East extremism threatening both nations' interests.
- A-Rod, Yanks settle dispute, he gets ball from 3,000th hit
NEW YORK (AP) — Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees settled their dispute over a marketing payment with a deal announced Friday that gives $3.5 million to charitable groups, saves the team $5.5 million and gets A-Rod the home run ball from his 3,000th hit.
- BC-WA--Washington News Coverage Advisory, WA
Washington state at 1 p.m.
- AP Source: Kings, Marco Belinelli agree to 3-year, $19M deal
The Sacramento Kings and guard Marco Belinelli have agreed to a $19 million, three-year contract, a person with knowledge of the deal said Friday.
- The Latest: House votes to regulate chemicals in kids' items
SALEM, Ore. (AP) — The latest on the activities of the Oregon Legislature as lawmakers press closer to adjourning the 2015 legislative session:
- AP-AZ--Arizona News Digest, AZ
Good afternoon. Here's a look at how AP's general news coverage is shaping up in Arizona. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the AP-Phoenix bureau at 602-258-8934 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Terry Tang is on the desk. AP-Southwest News Editor Josh Hoffner can be reached at 602-258-8934 or email@example.com.
- Russia mulls new selective sanctions against Western nations
MOSCOW (AP) — Russia will consider new selective retaliatory measures against some specific Western countries, the nation's security chief said Friday, pointing at Finland as a possible target.
- The Latest: Greek PM urges voters to ignore scaremongers
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — The latest news on Greece's financial woes and its upcoming referendum on Sunday (all times local):
- Mexico City proposes regulations for Uber
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico City is proposing regulations that would allow Uber and other smartphone-based ride-sharing apps to operate, while requiring drivers and cars to be registered.
- Greek campaigns neck and neck before crucial referendum
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — The brief but intense campaign in Greece's critical bailout referendum ends Friday, with simultaneous rallies in Athens supporting "yes" and "no" answers to a murky question in what opinion polls suggest will be a very close vote.
- O'Reilly signs $52.5 million, 7-year extension with Sabres
The Buffalo Sabres have made newly acquired forward Ryan O'Reilly their highest-paid player by signing him to a $52.5 million, seven-year contract extension on Friday.