- Mylan boosts EpiPen patient programs, doesn't budge on price
The maker of EpiPens offered patients more help to pay for its costly emergency allergy shots but didn't budge Thursday on the $608 price.
- Correction: Giants-Mara story
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) â In a story Aug. 24 about New York Giants owner John Mara commenting on placekicker Josh Brown's one-game suspension, The Associated Press erroneously reported some of the details of the allegations made against Brown and details of the NFL's personal conduct policy. According to the NFL, Brown allegedly grabbed his ex-wife by her wrist, not her throat, and the ex-wife's allegations of 20 abusive incidents were contained in a court filing, not made to the media. Additionally, the NFL's personal conduct policy doesn't mandate a six-game suspension. It calls for a baseline suspension of six games without pay for violations involving assault, with consideration given to possible mitigating or aggravating circumstances.
- UN agency: No confirmed Zika cases linked to Rio Olympics
GENEVA (AP) — The U.N. health agency says reports from national authorities indicate no confirmed laboratory cases of the Zika virus in anyone associated with the Rio Olympics.
- Red Sox end 7-4 trip with 2-1 loss to Rays
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Not even David Ortiz could help the Boston Red Sox overcome missed opportunities in the final game of a long trip away from Fenway Park.
- FANTASY PLAYS: Busts just as important as sleepers in prep
While many fantasy football players are searching for value plays and sleepers, it's just as important to think about the busts.
- Colts under pressure to find more consistent pass rush
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indianapolis Colts defensive coordinator Ted Monachino can already sense the pressure building outside the locker room.
- FANTASY PLAYS: Sleepers who should outperform draft position
Uncovering sleepers in fantasy football isn't easy with so many players seeking and finding much of the same information.
- Arkansas governor criticizes marijuana, casino proposals
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) — Legalizing medical marijuana would be a drain on the state's resources, Gov. Asa Hutchinson said Thursday as legalization supporters asked the state's highest court to dismiss an attempt to prevent a vote on their proposal this fall.
- Health care sector pulls stock market lower again
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks fell in light trading for a second day on Thursday as investors sifted through a mix of earnings reports.
- The Latest: Senate delays vote on oil spill settlement split
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — The Latest on lottery legislation in the Alabama Legislature (all times local):
- The Latest: Health department has advice on post-flood mold
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) â The Latest on Louisiana flooding (all times local):
- 5 rabid bats in Washoe County; cat euthanized, dogs treated
RENO, Nev. (AP) — State and county health officials say five bats with rabies have been found in Washoe County over the past two months.
- Romero strikes out Ortiz to end it, Rays hold off Red Sox
ST .PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Enny Romero earned his first major league save, relieving with two outs in the ninth inning and fanning Red Sox slugger David Ortiz to give the Tampa Bay Rays a 2-1 win Thursday and a four-game split with the Red Sox.
- Error in marijuana initiative could delay changes to law
HELENA, Mont. (AP) — Organizers of a ballot initiative that aims to immediately reverse new restrictions to medical marijuana distribution in Montana may have inadvertently set their cause back by half a year.
- Dominican Republic has 3 babies with birth defect from Zika
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) — The Dominican Republic has reported its first three cases of babies born with a birth defect linked to the mosquito-borne Zika virus.