- Skiers have reservations over airbag safety system
VAL GARDENA, Italy (AP) — Some skiers are concerned they will turn into the puffy "Michelin Man" when they are not supposed to.
- Weekend Sports In Brief
- Student books heading from Minnesota to Liberia
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — More than 22,000 books are on their way from Minnesota to Liberian students out of school because of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.
- Tennessee Supreme Court rules on hospital liens
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Tennessee Supreme Court has ruled unanimously that hospitals must release liens against patients once they and their insurers have paid their full charges.
- Seahawks, Packers, Cowboys, Steelers in playoffs
Now that they've qualified for the postseason, there's no relaxing for the Packers, Lions, and Steelers.
- NFL Capsules
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Dallas ended a four-year playoff drought Sunday in a dominating 42-7 victory over the Indianapolis Colts, with Tony Romo throwing four touchdown passes and breaking Troy Aikman's franchise record for yards passing.
- Romo, Cowboys are in after 42-7 rout of Colts
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys don't have worry about a win-and-you're-in finale this year.
- AP-AP-OR--Oregon News Digest,ADVISORY, AP
Oregon at 1 a.m.
- Abandoned asbestos mines still a hazard in India
RORO VILLAGE, India (AP) — Asbestos waste spills in a gray gash down the flank of a lush green hill above tribal villages in eastern India. Three decades after the mines were abandoned, nothing has been done to remove the enormous, hazardous piles of broken rocks and powdery dust left behind.
- Forgotten asbestos mine sickens Indian villagers
RORO VILLAGE, India (AP) — Asbestos waste spills in a gray gash down the flank of a lush green hill above tribal villages that are home to thousands in eastern India. Three decades after the mines were abandoned, nothing has been done to remove the enormous, hazardous piles of broken rocks and powdery dust left behind.
- China punishes hospital for operating room photos
BEIJING (AP) — Chinese health authorities put a hospital president on probation and fired three others following public outrage over photos posted online of smiling medical staff posing with patients in the middle of surgery.
- Rookie Beckham leads Giants past Rams 37-27
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Odell Beckham Jr. refused to be intimidated, giving as well as he received.
- Patriots edge Jets, clinch 1st-round playoff bye
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots are in a familiar position.
- Panthers keep on running in 17-13 win over Browns
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Carolina Panthers have rediscovered their running game.
- Texans remain in hunt with 25-13 win over Ravens
HOUSTON (AP) — The Houston Texans are down to a fourth-string quarterback and No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney has hardly played all season because of a knee injury.