- Rally cats! Tigers use 8-run 9th inning to beat Rays 10-7
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — The Detroit Tigers began an 11-game road trip with a ninth-inning rally to remember.
- Finnegan rocked hard as Reds fall to Nationals 13-4
WASHINGTON (AP) — There are plenty of reasons why the Cincinnati Reds have lost eight of nine and are in last place, 22 games under .500.
- The Latest: Evans, Torres pay visit to swim trials
The Latest on the Olympics ahead of the Rio Games (all times local to Rio):
- California voters will confront crowded November ballot
LOS ANGELES (AP) — California is again testing how much democracy is too much, with voters facing up to 18 ballot questions in November that could end the death penalty, cut into the cost of prescription drugs and free marijuana smokers to legally light up in the nation's most populous state.
- Espinosa hits slam, 3-run HR as Nationals crush Reds 13-4
WASHINGTON (AP) — Danny Espinosa drove in eight runs in April and tallied seven RBIs in Washington's latest victory.
- Mets rally, hold off Cubs 4-3 to stop skid in NLCS rematch
NEW YORK (AP) — Yoenis Cespedes socked a colossal home run , Jeurys Familia pitched out of a huge jam in the ninth inning and rookie replacement Brandon Nimmo keyed a three-run rally in the seventh that sent the New York Mets past the Chicago Cubs 4-3 on Thursday night in their first meeting since last year's NL Championship Series.
- Rauner signs bill extending medical marijuana program
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — A bill extending Illinois' medical marijuana program by 2½ years has been signed by Gov. Bruce Rauner.
- Texas abortions fell sharply under law Supreme Court voided
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Abortions in Texas plummeted about 15 percent during the first year after approval of tough restrictions that the U.S. Supreme Court has since struck down — a decline that activists say shows how hard it had become to get an abortion in America's second-largest state.
- BC-NV--Nevada News Digest - 7:15 pm, NV
Good evening. Here's an updated look at how AP's general news coverage is shaping up in Nevada.
- Lawmakers OK statewide expansion of needle exchange program
DOVER, Del. (AP) — The state House has given final approval to a bill authorizing the statewide expansion of a needle exchange program aimed at reducing the spread of HIV, hepatitis and other diseases.
- Renown Health pays $9.5M to settle Medicare fraud suit
RENO, Nev. (AP) — The operator of the largest hospital and health care network in northern Nevada has agreed to pay the Justice Department $9.5 million to settle allegations of patient-overcharges and Medicare fraud, U.S. Attorney Daniel Bogden announced Thursday.
- Orioles put McFarland on DL in series of roster moves
SEATTLE (AP) — The Baltimore Orioles placed left-hander T.J. McFarland on the disabled list Thursday in a series of roster moves.
- Baylor College of Medicine to study Zika patients
HOUSTON (AP) — The Baylor College of Medicine will lead a study of patients infected with the Zika virus under a grant from the National Institutes of Health.
- Angels LHP Andrew Heaney will have Tommy John surgery
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Los Angeles Angels left-hander Andrew Heaney will have Tommy John surgery, likely sidelining him until the 2018 season.
- Villegas still undecided on whether to play Olympics
RENO, Nev. (AP) — Camilo Villegas of Colombia is weighing the Zika virus and his job in deciding whether to play in the Olympics.