- Brazil's Zika-related abortion debate sparks backlash
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Before her son was born, Danielle Alves didn't know Luiz Gustavo would have microcephaly, a condition that has left the 3-year-old so disabled he can't walk, talk or eat without help.
- Governor's special session on budget, taxes opens Sunday
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Valentine's Day isn't arriving with flowers or candy for Louisiana's lawmakers, but with bleak budget discussions and tax talk.
- Leicester Premier League lead cut after 2-1 loss at Arsenal
LONDON (AP) — After 10 months out injured, Danny Welbeck took little more than 10 minutes on his return from surgery to score a precious goal for Arsenal.
- Wyoming Legislature prepares to examine budget bills
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — The Wyoming Legislature will consider a range of budget bills this week as lawmakers wrestle with how much to spend from state savings to keep government programs afloat in the face of falling energy revenues.
- Yankees' Tanaka gets through mound session problem-free
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — New York Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka has gotten through his first mound session since October elbow surgery problem-free.
- Floridians injured by government struggle for compensation
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Some two dozen bills are filed in this year's legislative session to compensate people injured by the mistakes or negligence of government agencies, including wrongly convicted prisoners, children abused by foster parents, people maimed or killed in accidents with police vehicles, and even a football player who died during practice.
- Colorado hospital drug theft stirs patient tests in Phoenix
PHOENIX (AP) — A Phoenix hospital is offering free hepatitis and HIV testing to patients after discovering a former employee is accused of stealing pain medication at a Colorado facility.
- Radon bill inching forward in Nebraska Legislature
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A bill designed to protect new homes from radon gas is gaining traction among Nebraska lawmakers, but no major changes are likely until at least next year.
- No Serena or Kerber as Halep eyes title defense in Dubai
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Simona Halep wasn't sure she would be healthy enough to defend her title at the hardcourt Dubai Tennis Championships, which start Monday, so she didn't enter the event at first.
- Federal researchers work to create honeybee gene bank
FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Federal researchers are working to perfect the process of freezing the cells of honeybee embryos in hopes of protecting the insect species amid the pests, disease and pesticides that have been killing off its populations.
- State to open drug treatment center in northern New York
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — The state is planning to open a drug treatment center in northern New York.
- Illinois woman sentenced for health care fraud
EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill. (AP) — A southwestern Illinois woman has been sentenced to five years of probation and ordered to pay restitution for stealing more than $34,000 from a Medicaid health care program.
- Ladd gets winner in shootout as Jets beat Oilers 2-1
EDMONTON, Alberta (AP) — Ondrej Pavelec was thrilled to finally get back to work in the Winnipeg net.
- NHL Capsules
DALLAS (AP) — Tyler Seguin scored twice during a four-goal second period and the Dallas Stars held off the Washington Capitals 4-3 in a battle between two of the NHL's top teams on Saturday night.
- The Latest: Cruz, Trump offer closing arguments to SC
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) — The Latest on the 2016 presidential race, with the focus turning to South Carolina and the Republican debate on Saturday night (all times local):