- Royals top Twins 4-3 in 11 innings on Burns' sacrifice fly
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Billy Burns entered as a pinch runner in the ninth, but ended it two innings later with his bat.
- Diaz, with heavy heart, powers Cards past Reds 12-5
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Playing with a heavy heart, Aledmys Diaz hit his first career grand slam and the St. Louis Cardinals finished with five home runs Tuesday night in a 12-5 victory over the Cincinnati Reds.
- BC-IN--Indiana News Digest 12 am, IN
Here's a look at AP's Indiana news coverage at 12 a.m.
- Kluber's injury (quad strain) could affect his postseason
DETROIT (AP) — Cleveland's most pressing concern was the health of its ace. Tuesday's 12-0 loss to Detroit was just another game.
- Blue Jays beat Orioles 5-1 in AL wild-card showdown
TORONTO (AP) — Aaron Sanchez stayed perfect against the Orioles and kept the Toronto Blue Jays on track for a playoff berth.
- The Latest: Clintons mourn 'treasured friend' Shimon Peres
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the U.S. presidential race (all times EDT):
- Diamondbacks' Koch impresses in first major league start
WASHINGTON (AP) — Arizona Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale wasn't sure what to expect from Matt Koch in his first major league start. He just knew it wouldn't be a long outing.
- Scherzer finds his form, Rendon homers as Nats beat D-Backs
WASHINGTON (AP) — When Anthony Rendon hit a three-run home run to put the Washington Nationals ahead, Dusty Baker couldn't contain his excitement. The veteran manager was so excited about Max Scherzer being in line for his 19th win that he celebrated in the dugout with the Cy Young Award candidate.
- Houston's Watt re-injures back, could miss entire season
HOUSTON (AP) — J.J. Watt has re-injured his back, according to a person familiar with his condition, and the Houston Texans expect the star defensive end to be sidelined until at least December, and possibly the entire season.
- Team Jack wins NASCAR's $100,000 humanitarian award
NEW YORK (AP) — The NASCAR Foundation has awarded the Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award to the founder of an organization dedicated to funding pediatric brain cancer research.
- A Miss Universe insulted by Trump steps up for Clinton
WASHINGTON (AP) — Alicia Machado says that when she gained weight after being crowned Miss Universe for 1996, Donald Trump labeled her with a sexist nickname — "Miss Piggy" — that caused her shame and humiliation.
- Spartans' Reschke to miss substantial time with ankle sprain
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan State's linebacker corps looked pretty deep a couple weeks ago. Not so much anymore.
- Federal judge holds New Mexico Cabinet secretary in contempt
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — A federal judge held New Mexico's top human services official in contempt Tuesday for failing to comply with court orders aimed at improving the administration of food aid and Medicaid health care benefits.
- NYC reaches $5.75M settlement in Rikers inmate death
NEW YORK (AP) — New York City reached a $5.7 million settlement with the family of Bradley Ballard, a mentally ill Rikers Island inmate who died in 2013 after being locked in his cell for six days without care or medication.
- Giants acquire infielder Gordon Beckham from Braves
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The San Francisco Giants are taking no chances as they chase a playoff spot in the final week of the season.