- Steen scores twice, Blues hold on to beat Capitals 4-3
WASHINGTON (AP) — The St. Louis Blues are rolling. Against the Washington Capitals, an injury, an ejection and Alex Ovechkin's two goals weren't enough to stop them.
- Hutton stops 21 shots, Predators shut out Penguins 4-0
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Connor Hutton knows he's not Pekka Rinne, so it makes no sense to even try.
- Baby born on roadside as mom drives herself to hospital
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Police say a pregnant Utah woman driving herself to the hospital gave birth to a healthy, nearly 10-pound baby boy on the side of an interstate highway Saturday.
- Anthony scores 31 points as Knicks rout Lakers 92-80
NEW YORK (AP) — Carmelo Anthony hears those voices saying he's getting old, that he can't jump like he once did.
- Dog undergoes surgery after eating calf-high boots
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Doctors say a dog is recovering after surgery to remove a pair of calf-high leather boots the animal had eaten.
- Conway wants to create trauma center in NE Louisiana
MONROE, La. (AP) — University Health Conway is working on plans to create the first accredited trauma center in northeast Louisiana.
- BC-WY--Wyoming Digest, WY
Wyoming at 2:30 p.m.
- Correction: Medicaid-Tennessee story
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — In a story Jan. 31 about Gov. Bill Haslam's Insure Tennessee proposal, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the conservative Beacon Center was running radio ads attacking GOP lawmakers for failing to reject the plan. The Beacon Center's ads criticize the plan, but do not target lawmakers.
- At Capitol, plans abound for addressing rural health care
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Bob Jeske grew up on a farm and always wanted to practice rural medicine. But it didn't hurt that a state program covered some of his student loans to do just that.
- Legislature faces tough Medicaid, budget issues this week
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — The Wyoming Legislature this week will continue to debate the politically difficult issue of whether the state should move to expand the federal Medicaid program.
- BC-IN--Indiana News Digest, IN
Here's a look at AP's Indiana news coverage at 3 p.m.
- BC-AZ--Arizona News Digest, AZ
Good afternoon. Here's a look at how AP's general news coverage is shaping up in Arizona. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the AP-Phoenix bureau at 602-258-8934 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Terry Tang is on the desk. AP-Southwest News Editor Josh Hoffner can be reached at 602-258-8934 or email@example.com.
- BC-MN--Minnesota News Digest 1:30 pm, MN
Here's a look at how AP's general news coverage is shaping up in Minnesota. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to (800) 552-7250 or (612) 332-2727. News editor Doug Glass can be reached at those numbers or firstname.lastname@example.org. Jeff Baenen is on the desk.
- After perfect January, Hawks look to make it 20 in a row
ATLANTA (AP) — After a far-from-perfect performance, the Atlanta Hawks head into February with the NBA's best record and savoring a bit of NBA history as the first team to go 17-0 within a calendar month.
- U.Va. issues alert to students after mumps case confirmed
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — The University of Virginia says a case of mumps has been confirmed on the campus and it's awaiting test results of four suspected cases.