- The Latest: Evans has best Grand Slam result, beats Tomic
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — The Latest from the Australian Open on Friday (all times local):
- Arizona agency: Testing finds no cases of wildlife disease
PHOENIX (AP) — Arizona officials say they still haven't found any sign of a deadly wildlife neurological disease in the state after testing of hundreds of samples from the latest hunting seasons.
- Tennessee officials suspend new patients at nursing home
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) â Tennessee health officials are suspending new admissions at a Puryear nursing home because of its financial woes.
- Roberts, target of Trump jabs, meeting Trump at Capitol
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump and John Roberts are not likely to rehash Trump's criticism of the chief justice when they meet outside the Capitol at noon.
- Funds to train workers in Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) — Marshall University is receiving a $1.3 million grant from the Appalachian Regional Commission to train community health workers in coal counties in eastern Kentucky, southern Ohio and parts of West Virginia.
- Towns leads Timberwolves past injury-depleted Clippers
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Karl-Anthony Towns knows he needs to have more nights like this one if he's going to reach his goal of greatness.
- Tough break: Ducks nip Avalanche 2-1 after long glass delay
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Broken glass is a regular occurrence in the heavy-hitting, hard-shooting NHL, and shattered panes usually get replaced swiftly.
- Couture lifts Sharks past Lightning 2-1
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — For Logan Couture, a game-winning goal can be just the thing to help him feel better.
- NBA Capsules
CLEVELAND (AP) — Kyrie Irving scored 26 points, All-Star teammate LeBron James had 21 points and 15 assists, and the Cleveland Cavaliers looked more like themselves at home in a 118-103 win over the Phoenix Suns on Thursday night.
- Top 25 Capsules
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Isaac Hamilton scored 33 points, hitting a career-high nine 3-pointers, and No. 3 UCLA routed Arizona State 102-80 on Thursday night to improve to 11-0 at home.
- Leonard has 34, Spurs overcome Gasol's injury to top Nuggets
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — The San Antonio Spurs got a glimpse of their future and it was both encouraging and daunting.
- Former president's breathing tube indicates severe pneumonia
Former President George H.W. Bush is being treated for pneumonia in intensive care at a Houston hospital where doctors are evaluating him before removing a breathing tube.
- AP-TX--Texas News Digest 12 am, TX
Good morning! Here's a look at AP's general news coverage in Texas at this hour. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the Dallas AP at 972-991-2100, or, in Texas, 800-442-7189. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. David Warren is at the desk after 6 a.m.
- Tavares, Greiss give Weight win in Islanders debut
NEW YORK (AP) — Getting a new coach this week didn't change things much for the Islanders — and oddly enough, that's a good thing for New York.
- No. 11 Oregon loses Brooks in win over California
EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — Losing its best player to injury left No. 11 Oregon more somber than celebratory after it rewrote some school history with its 15th consecutive victory.