- Some 130,000 Syrians reach Turkey, fleeing IS
SURUC, Turkey (AP) — Some 130,000 Kurdish refugees fleeing Islamic militants have crossed the border from Syria into Turkey in the past four days, Turkey's deputy prime minister said Monday as fighting raged close to Turkey's southern border.
- Iraqi Kurdish forces receiving western training
BAGHDAD (AP) — A senior Iraqi commander in the western Anbar province says at least 40 soldiers were killed in recent suicide bombings carried out by Islamic State militants and another 68 have been captured.
- Governor confident ambush suspect will be caught
BLOOMING GROVE, Pa. (AP) — The survivalist charged in a deadly ambush at a state police barracks 10 days ago will be caught, Gov. Tom Corbett vowed Monday as a police official said authorities believe they are hot on his trail.
- Man seen with missing UVa student being sought
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — A man authorities believe is the last person seen with a University of Virginia student before she disappeared is being sought on arrest warrants charging him with reckless driving.
- Obama concerned intruder got in his family's home
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is expressing concern that an intruder carrying a knife was able to get into the White House where his family lives.
- Giuliani to help fight Noriega's video game suit
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani is joining a video game company's legal fight against disgraced Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega, who is suing Activision over his inclusion in one of its popular "Call of Duty" games.
- UK premier hosts talks on Scottish voting rights
LONDON (AP) — British Prime Minister David Cameron sought Monday to limit the divisive political fallout following the Scottish referendum, gathering senior Conservatives at his official country retreat to placate anger over promises made to Scotland to keep it in the United Kingdom.
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in lockdown
Day or night, the lights inside cell 135C of central New Mexico's Valencia County Detention Center were always on.
- Apple: 10 million iPhone 6 and 6 Plus sold
NEW YORK (AP) — Apple says it sold more than 10 million iPhone 6 and 6 Plus models, a record for a new model, in the three days after the phones went on sale.
- 'The Lion King' earns record box office
NEW YORK (AP) — Here's something the folks at Disney can take real pride in: "The Lion King" is the top ticket of all time.
- Cowboys, Eagles and Ravens pull off comeback wins
Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys were big-time comeback kids in Week 3 of the NFL season.
- NFL vetting process: There are no sure things
By the time the typical player signs an NFL contract, around 100 scouts, coaches and general managers have pored over his history.
- Concern over McIlroy, McDowell more about results
GLENEAGLES, Scotland (AP) — European captain Paul McGinley is having second thoughts about a Rory McIlroy-Graeme McDowell partnership in the Ryder Cup.
- Seahawks hold off Broncos 26-20 in overtime
SEATTLE (AP) — For a coach that preaches fourth-quarter performance as one of his guiding team philosophies, Pete Carroll will cringe looking back on what happened in the final 15 minutes Sunday.
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoffs
ATLANTA (AP) — The Atlanta Braves fired general manager Frank Wren on Monday, less than 24 hours after being eliminated from the NL playoff race.