- Analysis: Trump promises big change, picks small fights
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump won the White House promising big changes to the nation's economy, health care system and foreign policy.
- 11 people killed in Georgia following severe weather
ATLANTA (AP) — A powerful tornado ripped through a mobile home park in south Georgia early Sunday, destroying half of its structures and killing seven people. Another four people died across the region amid severe weather.
- Israel pushes ahead with settlements as Trump takes office
JERUSALEM (AP) — The municipality of Jerusalem granted final approval Sunday for the construction of hundreds of new homes in east Jerusalem, while a hard-line Cabinet minister pushed the government to annex a major West Bank settlement as emboldened Israeli nationalists welcomed the presidency of Donald Trump.
- Gambia awaits new leader, but exiled one has right to return
BANJUL, Gambia (AP) — Gambia's capital on Sunday was awaiting the arrival of the country's new leader and an era of democracy, hours after the authoritarian ruler of 22 years flew into exile with an extraordinary set of assurances from the international community.
- Over 1 million join anti-Trump women's marches worldwide
WASHINGTON (AP) — In a global exclamation of defiance and solidarity, more than 1 million people rallied at women's marches in the nation's capital and cities around the world Saturday to send President Donald Trump an emphatic message on his first full day in office that they won't let his agenda go unchallenged.
- In midst of Aleppo wreckage, a Syrian family returns home
ALEPPO, Syria (AP) — The street looks as if it was hit by an earthquake and the bombed-out building in a former rebel-held northeastern neighborhood of Aleppo is deserted — except for the second-floor apartment where Abdul-Hamid Khatib and his family are staying.
- Cautious welcome from congressional Republicans to Trump era
WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional Republicans anxiously monitor President Donald Trump's Twitter feed, parse his pronouncements, and brace for potential controversy each time he gives an interview.
- French voters choosing left-wing presidential nominee
PARIS (AP) — French left-wing voters cast ballots Sunday in a nationwide presidential primary aimed at producing a candidate strong enough to confront formidable conservative and nationalist rivals in the April-May general election.
- 4 dead mourned in Mississippi storm as living begin recovery
PETAL, Miss. (AP) — Cynthia Holland has to repair her liquor store. William Carey University has to find a place to hold classes. Michelle Kirk has to allay her 11-year-old daughter's anxieties while living in a damaged house.
- Russia set to move closer to decriminalize domestic violence
MOSCOW (AP) — In Russia, giving one's spouse a slap is nothing extraordinary for many people. This week, the Russian parliament is expected to take a step closer toward decriminalizing it altogether.
- Feeling the pressure, Kerber loses to composed Vandeweghe
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Angelique Kerber said before the Australian Open that she wasn't putting too much pressure on herself as the top-seeded player at a Grand Slam tournament for the first time.
- Tough at top: Murray, Kerber out in 4th round in Melbourne
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — There was some symmetry about the fourth-round exits of top-ranked Andy Murray and Angelique Kerber at the Australian Open.
- Prank against Steelers suspected in early hotel fire alarm
BOSTON (AP) — A man has been arrested and charged with setting off an early-morning fire alarm at a Boston hotel that roused the visiting Pittsburgh Steelers ahead of their playoff with the New England Patriots.
- Spurs coach Popovich blasts President Trump
CLEVELAND (AP) — Gregg Popovich would bench President Donald Trump.
- Leonard scores 41, Spurs down Cavaliers 118-115 in overtime
CLEVELAND (AP) — As Kawhi Leonard peeled the ice bag off his swollen left hand, Manu Ginobili hobbled through San Antonio's locker room, his back stiffened from a run-in with LeBron James.