- Russia, France agree to tighten cooperation against IS
MOSCOW (AP) — The presidents of France and Russia agreed Thursday to tighten cooperation in the fight against the Islamic State group, although they remained at odds over their approach toward Syrian President Bashar Assad.
- The Latest: Putin: Russia to cooperate with US-led coalition
BEIRUT (AP) — The latest developments regarding the war in Syria. All times local.
- The Latest: Belgium says likely Paris fugitive gets help
PARIS (AP) — The latest on the attacks in Paris and security alert in Brussels. All times local:
- Turkey-Russia spat over downed Russian warplane escalates
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — A tug-of-war over a Russian warplane downed by a Turkish fighter jet at the border with Syria escalated Thursday, with Moscow drafting a slew of economic sanctions against Turkey and the Turkish president defiantly declaring that his military will shoot down any new intruder.
- Trump called out for appearing to mock disability
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump denied Thursday that he mocked a reporter with a disability in a South Carolina speech, despite appearing to imitate mannerisms of the "poor guy" and make fun of him.
- Teen killed by Chicago officer had broken, troubled family
CHICAGO (AP) — A black teenager shot 16 times by a white Chicago police officer was a ward of the state when he died, having spent years being shuttled between different relatives' homes and foster care from the time he was 3.
- The Latest: Friday's protest to target main shopping area
CHICAGO (AP) — The latest on the aftermath of the shooting of a black teenager by a white Chicago police officer (all times local):
- Big balloons, heavy security for NYC Thanksgiving parade
NEW YORK (AP) — Americans paused Thursday to celebrate their blessings despite terrorism fears and racial tensions over fatal police shootings across the country. A record number of police officers patrolled the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York, while St. Louis resumed its annual parade, canceled last year amid protests over Michael Brown's death.
- Pope says 'catastrophic' if interests derail climate talks
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — Pope Francis warned Thursday that it would be "catastrophic" for world leaders to let special interest groups get in the way of a global agreement to curb fossil fuel emissions as he brought his environmental message to the heart of Africa on the eve of crucial climate change talks in Paris.
- Russia strikes back at Turkey with economic sanctions
MOSCOW (AP) — Russia plans to retaliate against Turkey for the downing of a warplane by imposing sanctions, cutting economic ties and scrapping major investment projects.
- Stafford throws 5 TDs to lift Lions to 45-14 win over Eagles
DETROIT (AP) — Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson combined for one of the best games of their careers, helping the surging Detroit Lions keep the Philadelphia Eagles reeling.
- Guy V. Lewis, coach of Phi Slama Jama teams, dies at 93
HOUSTON (AP) — Former University of Houston men's basketball coach Guy V. Lewis, best known for leading the Phi Slama Jama teams of the 1980s, has died. He was 93.
- Rams WR Bailey has surgery after being shot in Florida
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Many St. Louis Rams players woke to the news that Stedman Bailey had been shot in the head.
- Browns didn't discuss cutting Johnny Manziel before benching
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — The Browns believe sacking Johnny Manziel themselves will do him good.
- Sebastian Coe gives up role with Nike amid scrutiny
MONACO (AP) — Although new to his job, Sebastian Coe has already learned that some battles are simply not worth fighting when you're trying to lead a major sport out of crisis.