- No hits till 6th: Verlander, Tigers top Maeda, Dodgers 6-1
DETROIT (AP) — Justin Verlander approached this start like a postseason game, fully aware of how tough the Los Angeles Dodgers are to beat right now.
- US beats Europe in Solheim Cup 16 1/2-11 1/2 in Iowa
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Lexi Thompson set the tone by rallying from four holes down. The rest of the Americans took it from there and restored their dominance in the Solheim Cup
- NBA investigating Lakers amid George tampering allegation
NEW YORK (AP) — The NBA is investigating whether the Los Angeles Lakers tampered with All-Star forward Paul George while he was under contract with the Indiana Pacers.
- America still in turmoil a year after Kaepernick's protest
What started as a protest against police brutality has mushroomed a year later into a divisive debate over the future of a football player who refused to stand for the national anthem and now faces what his fans see as blackballing for speaking out in a country roiled by racial strife.
- Henrik Stenson closed with 64 to win at Wyndham
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Henrik Stenson kept making birdies on the back nine Sunday at the Wyndham Championship. They added up to a tournament record — and his first victory of the year.
- Muguruza, Dimitrov get their 1st Cincinnati titles
MASON, Ohio (AP) — Garbine Muguruza cradled her smiling face in both hands and closed her eyes, taking it all in. The Wimbledon champion had added another title to her breakthrough summer — this one at the expense of a player who can't quite get to No. 1.
- Rookie Conner stars in Steelers' 17-13 win over Falcons
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Rookie running back James Conner set up Pittsburgh's winning fourth-quarter touchdown pass in the Steelers' 17-13 exhibition victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.
- Kenseth puts on brave face as he's being shown the door
BRISTOL, Tenn. (AP) — It could have gotten very uncomfortable as Erik Jones and Matt Kenseth sat side-by-side shortly after an intriguing race at Bristol Motor Speedway. Both drivers wanted to win for very different reasons, both came up short , then circumstances put them together in a post-race news conference.
- Cardinals, Pirates in awe of Little League spectacle
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) — Mike Matheny took a moment to look around the Lamade Stadium bleachers and was transported back in time.
- Cubs sweep Blue Jays with wild 6-5 victory in 10 innings
CHICAGO (AP) — Alex Avila felt for Raffy Lopez. It was quite a day for catchers.