- The Latest: Warrant: Suspect held after acting suspiciously
DALLAS (AP) — The Latest on the shooting of two police officers and an employee of a home improvement store in Dallas (all times local):
- Jury gets case after Cosby painted as predator, victim
NORRISTOWN, Pa. (AP) — The jury in Bill Cosby's sexual assault case began deliberating Wednesday in the first big celebrity trial of the #MeToo era, weighing charges he drugged and molested a woman at his suburban Philadelphia home 14 years ago.
- Police: Man killed deputy, stole his car and robbed store
NORRIDGEWOCK, Maine (AP) — A man scheduled to appear in court to face gun charges Wednesday killed a sheriff's deputy in Maine, stole his cruiser and robbed a convenience store, officials said.
- Former President George HW Bush thanks Houston in tweet
HOUSTON (AP) — Former President George H.W. Bush is thanking Houston for its "professionalism and obvious care" during the memorials and services for his wife, Barbara Bush.
- APNewsBreak: Military sex assault reports jump 10 percent
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. officials say reports of sexual assaults across the military jumped by nearly 10 percent in 2017, a year that saw a massive online nude-photo sharing scandal rock the services, triggering greater awareness of sexual harassment and other similar complaints.
- Dallas mayor: 1 officer has died after Home Depot shooting
DALLAS (AP) — A police officer who was shot when a suspected shoplifter opened fire at a Home Depot in north Dallas died Wednesday, but another officer and a store employee who were also hit appear to be on the mend, city officials said.
- The Latest: Former police officer named as serial killer
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The Latest on developments in a California serial killer case (all times local):
- Arizona opening day cares to get ready for teacher strike
PHOENIX (AP) — From gathering gift cards, prepping boxed lunches and opening church doors for day camps, communities across Arizona are getting ready for a historic teacher walkout that could keep hundreds of thousands of students out of school indefinitely.
- US officials slam Washington state nuke waste site problems
RICHLAND, Wash. (AP) — Problems first identified six years ago at a Washington state plant where deadly nuclear waste is supposed to be treated in the future continue to plague the multi-billion dollar facility, U.S. investigators have said.
- 'Major announcement' planned on elusive serial killer
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Authorities in California plan to make a "major announcement" in the case of an elusive serial killer they say committed at least 12 homicides, 45 rapes and dozens of burglaries across the state in the 1970s and 1980s.