- Rescuers struggle to reach remote Nepal areas as toll rises
27 Apr. 20154:14 AM ET
KATHMANDU, Nepal (AP) — The death toll from Nepal's earthquake soared past 3,700 Monday, and how much higher it would rise depended largely on the condition of vulnerable mountain villages that rescue workers were still struggling to reach two days after the disaster.
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: Reconstruction cost $5 billion
27 Apr. 20154:59 AM ET
2.30 p.m. (0845 GMT)
- Long odds for insanity defense in theater shooting trial
27 Apr. 20153:01 AM ET
CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) — The key to the death penalty trial of a man who methodically shot at moviegoers at a Batman movie premiere will be what was going on inside his mind as he threw smoke canisters and then marched up and down the aisles, firing at anyone who tried to flee.
- Thousands expected at Monday's funeral for Freddie Gray
27 Apr. 20154:21 AM ET
BALTIMORE (AP) — Thousands were expected Monday at a funeral for a man who died after sustaining serious spinal injuries while in the custody of Baltimore police.
- Supporters of Senate Iran bill swatting away amendments
27 Apr. 20153:21 AM ET
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate plunges into a high-stakes debate this week over empowering Congress to review and possibly reject any nuclear deal with Iran, offering Republican presidential candidates a chance to prove their hawkishness toward Iran and support for Israel.
- No perfect bullpen strategy, but depth, flexibility help
27 Apr. 20153:07 AM ET
DETROIT (AP) — When the Detroit Tigers signed Joe Nathan before the 2014 season, they expected baseball's active saves leader to simply keep rolling. After a few too many bad outings, they traded for a backup plan in Joakim Soria, widely considered the top reliever on the market.
- Grizzlies, Bulls wary even with big leads in playoffs
27 Apr. 20152:18 AM ET
The Grizzlies and Bulls head into their games Monday night in complete control of their respective series, needing just one more victory to advance to the next round.
- Capitals-Islanders Game 7 stirs 'Epic' memories
27 Apr. 20152:15 AM ET
There's only been one Game 7 between the Capitals and Islanders, but it has stood the test of time — lots and lots and lots of time — as one of the great games in postseason annals.
- LEADING OFF: Wainwright gets MRI, Russell ready for Wrigley
27 Apr. 20152:19 AM ET
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues today:
- NL teams experimenting with pitchers hitting 8th
27 Apr. 20152:23 AM ET
Amid a testy start to the season — looking at you, Bryan Price; also you, Royals, White Sox and Athletics — comes a bit of managerial creativity sure to put a smile on the face of any innovative Strat-O-Matic player.
INSIDE OREGON BUSINESS