- Defense chief: Iraqis showed no will to fight at Ramadi
24 May. 20156:38 PM ET
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Islamic State group's takeover of the provincial capital Ramadi is stark evidence that Iraqi forces lack the "will to fight," Defense Secretary Ash Carter said in a TV interview that aired Sunday. The harsh assessment raised new questions about the Obama administration's strategy to defeat the extremist group that has seized a strategically important swath of the Middle East.
- Flash floods in Texas, Oklahoma kill 2; 100s of homes gone
24 May. 20158:45 PM ET
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP) — Record rainfall wreaked havoc across a swath of Texas and the Midwest on Sunday, causing flash floods in normally dry riverbeds, spawning tornadoes and forcing at least 2,000 people to flee.
- The Latest on weather: Tornado warnings for Kansas, Missouri
24 May. 20159:05 PM ET
- Polish president concedes defeat after exit poll released
24 May. 20156:16 PM ET
WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Polish President Bronislaw Komorowski conceded defeat in the county's presidential election Sunday after an exit poll showed him trailing Andrzej Duda, a previously little-known right-wing politician.
- John Nash, wife, 'A Beautiful Mind' inspiration, die in NJ
24 May. 20151:29 PM ET
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — John Forbes Nash Jr., a mathematical genius whose struggle with schizophrenia was chronicled in the 2001 movie "A Beautiful Mind," has died along with his wife in a car crash on the New Jersey Turnpike. He was 86.
- Hawks' Horford ejected from Game 3 for throwing elbow
24 May. 201510:03 PM ET
CLEVELAND (AP) — Atlanta forward Al Horford was ejected in the final minute of the second quarter of Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals on Sunday night for throwing an elbow at Cavaliers guard Matthew Dellavedova.
- Juan's World! Montoya beats Power for second Indy 500 win
24 May. 20156:42 PM ET
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — His career at a crossroads, his confidence shot, Juan Pablo Montoya received a lifeline from The Captain.
- The Latest: Race leader Hamlin battling migraine at 600
24 May. 201510:03 PM ET
The Associated Press covers the biggest day in motorsports, from Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix to the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600. The latest from the tracks:
- Golden State Warriors 1 win away from NBA Finals
24 May. 20156:11 PM ET
HOUSTON (AP) — Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors aren't worried about a letdown in Game 4 after taking a 3-0 lead over the Houston Rockets in the Western Conference finals.
- AP Source: Adrian Peterson tells coach he won't be at OTAs
24 May. 20159:50 PM ET
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Vikings will open their optional team practices this week without Adrian Peterson.
INSIDE OREGON BUSINESS